Soleil_Xrd's Magical Navigation Post

Greetings, dear reader. Do you struggle with navigation? Are you a zoomer who can’t find a place without a GPS? Do you cry nightly about the lack of beautiful men and women who adore you for being able to sail at night in a roblox game? Well, do I have the post for you!

Step One: Learn To Read A Compass
The Compass, despite how it may seem, is actually incredibly simple.
See this? This always points to north, no matter what.
Facing East? Your compass will look this this.

Your compass is based on where your camera is aiming, not your character. Keep that in mind if you’re using it while sailing.

Step Two: Learn to read a map

If you were born within this century, it is possible, though hilarious, that you’ve never used a paper map in your entire life. I promise you, it’s far more simple than it appears.

Here I am at Sailor’s Lodge. I want to go to the Forest of Cernunno to farm for drops, but alas! It’s dark as hell and I can’t see the island.

This is where this lovely little map comes in!

Of course, if I wanted to I could sail directly to it, but maybe I’ll get lost or slightly misread my compass and miss it in the night!

Thus, a simpler solution, use only cardinal directions and orient myself around islands I know the location of!

You can do this with every location in the game! Large islands like Ravenna make this simple by giving you a large variety of landmarks to go north from, for example.

Even if you find yourself slightly off course, you can adjust to go the direction you know you should be going, and watch for it in the dark or fog.

If you need aid with making a route, it really is as simple as finding where you want to go on your map and drawing a straight line to it with your location! If you need to find your location, use a landmark! The map is detailed enough that I know, for example, I’m right here in my example screenshot if I look around.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply!

22 Likes

Why u getting so offended over a couple people asking for a player marker.

2 Likes

Not like a player marker is a bad idea

1 Like

Big problem, the compass is mirrored and only shows north/south correctly so anybody who DOES know how to use a compass is going to go completely in the wrong direction if they try to use it without knowing that.
(it took me so long to figure out what “I” was doing wrong)

theres really no point as to why there shouldnt be player markers or map markers since quest markers are already a thing. its such a small quality of life thing that goes a long way

2 Likes

Yeah, really don’t get why they insulted players for asking for a simple feature that literally does not make the game worse or bad in any way.

Plus, this is coming from a game moderator who typed this. That’s immature behavior from a high rank.

Great guide though either way.

Oh my god thank you I literally could not find palo town it took me a whole hour thanks for this

1 Like

for me? it absolutely is. “Follow the Waypoint” is the most boring method of exploration imagineable, and I appreciate having a game where learning to navigate and travel is something actually useful

4 Likes

the compass works the way a real compass works. pull one up on your phone right now, it’s supposed to always point to magnetic north. it feels mirrored because you don’t pay attention to it in those games either

if you turn clockwise, the compass will spin counterclockwise while it continues to point north

its not rocket science, its just practice

3 Likes

you have every necessary tool to navigate and are choosing to not use it

I realize this now.
I’m used to real world compasses that have the glass bit ontop that rotates with the magnet to tell you what direction you’re looking in and just got confused seeing a compass without that.

ty for making this i have no sense of direction with literally any weather or night time

I appreciate not going around in circles for 15 minutes tryna find an island.

i’ll be honest i didn’t even know we had a compass

thanks though

to be fair we did have map markers in wom and i’d still argue it should be readded as a QOL feature

I wasn’t asking for waypoints and markers. Read again I’m only asking for a player marker so we can tell where we are Incase we are lost or farming pirate ships

4 Likes

People struggling with the compass confused me, this really should be pinned because its not that difficult once you work out what the grey line means.

I say that and then remind myself of the time I managed to find silverhold when sailing to harvest island.

This is called “criticism” for your navigational skills.

Thx for reminding us thats compass is actually exist.

Mocking players for wanting a feature is not criticism. But people not knowing how to use a compass yeah you can say that.