Some bullet hell game i'm working on cause im bored

started work on a bullet hell game like the title says. nothing spectacular right now, all i’ve done is get players to move and pellets to fire.

here’s an image of it, i’d show a video but my mp4s are working up rn so this’ll do.

currently the pellet benchmark is set at 2000, which runs smoothly. I might increase the benchmark but I don’t think i’ll really need to, as you can see 2000 is already a whole lot of bullets.

right now the pellets arent super optimized, they could be reused instead of destroyed , but oh well. at least there arent any memory leaks (i’ve checked and they all get garbage collected), which is a win in my book.

been a while, i’m just starting to come back to this project but i’ve managed to get a somewhat orthographic-like projection of the screen going.

Apparently bullet hell games such as Touhou and Len’en use actual tracks to determine when enemies spawn and how long the levels take. That will be the next system I’ll have to tackle (probably for next weekend though, as school has started for me).

equations for line intersection and closest line to point for self reference (don’t want to re-engineer the same equations for a third time)

That’s a lot of math :fearful:

I’ve always wanted to make a video game but this is what scares me

you should just try to make one, fears be damned

i have too much homework rn :sob: my ass isn’t programming for another week

rudimentary bullet system