Some things that currently frustrate you in WoM?

The crippling ceiling and lack of meaningful* customization.

Lag.

This may be a me issue since iā€™m playing on laptopā€¦

But 4k ping spikes on a USE server is not ok.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the opposite for me. I canā€™t function in the average AS server.

1 Like

love vetex but

insane rng ā‰  good content

vulcano
i hate the freaking lava

There are so many things wrong with this reply I just have to respond
First of all, the combat system is fine as is, the main issues with it are just that

1. There is no way to dodge, so if you use an attack, 90% of the time you will take one in return.
  2. There arenā€™t enough abilities in the game, only 3 offensive type spells and a handful of weapon abilities, which is the reason its stale

Both of those will be fixed/addressed in the revamp. EBG is also a terrible example of ā€œgood combatā€ also, a game where you can run away while tossing attacks over your shoulder, instead of making players commit to a fight.

The PvP isnā€™t anywhere close to the reason why the game is dying, its mostly just due to lack of general content, map, activities to do besides PvPing, lag, and the fact that the game is currently being completely revamped. This game was never even intended to be mostly PvP in the first place, World of Magic just became that way due to lack of content.

I know how PvP will turn out after the revamp and it will be good, so thereā€™s no reason to completely overhaul it.

4 Likes

ooo boy EBG, the game where you get decimated by the guy with the pay to win ultra rainbow spectrum time angel void slime element in <1 seconds and thereā€™s nothing you can do to counter!

Not to mention technology being annoying as f u c k

1 Like

Imagine a game focused on storyline/exploration dying cause no PvP. Good joke. Also, was going to reply, but Vetex already did soooā€¦

That is what I mean when I say that thereā€™s no ā€˜meaningful mobilityā€™ in the game.
No matter how fast you are right now, when you cast a spell youā€™re 100% going to get hit in return unless your opponent just sucks.
Glad to know thatā€™s getting changed.

I know EBG isnā€™t a particularly good example, but the first thing that came to mind, and its an example of a game thatā€™s stayed popular for an obnoxious amount of time despite having no content updates what-so-ever, its horribly balanced and trying to say otherwise would be incredibly dumb.
I mostly mean in EBG you can actually dodge without having to stop doing literally everything else to do so.

Iā€™m glad to hear that things are changing for the better in terms of combat.

1 Like

Thatā€™s literally all there is to do right now and the only thing that was keeping it alive as long as long as it has been was the guilds pvping for infamy.
Currently in WoM, lets be real, the story was practically non-existent.

PVP, The volcano when you land on somewhere where thereā€™s lava surrounded and those who would keep killing you for no reason.

Rightfully so. The game was meant to be storyline/exploration focused, but the storyline/quests turned out to be bad the game is being revamped. The reason why the game lost popularity is cause of that and how long the TGR takes. I just say this cause ā€˜ā€˜WoM couldnā€™t last a few months because of just how agonizingly unfun the PvP is.ā€™ā€™ is extremely wrong. EBG is PvP focused, WoM is not. Thatā€™s why one lasted longer. Also, EBG literally has ā€˜ā€˜Battlegroundsā€™ā€™ in itā€™s name. Quite obvious.

EBGā€™s PvP wouldnā€™t feel right in AO/WoM at all imo.

I completely agree.
Having EBG pvp would mean you would only be able to use a proper moveset after you unlock all 5 magics and you would be stuck to that specific moveset forever, there would be no spell customization, ect.
It would feel like a massive waste of potential.

The only thing I want from EBG in AO is some meaningful mobility, which vetex confirmed to be adding (I think) so thatā€™s greatā€¦
Unless he completely missed the main problem and makes dodging something that you can only do on the ground while doing literally nothing else, turning it into a less effective highjump dodge.
However, I doubt thatā€™s the case since vetex isnā€™t stupid.

Literally everything except the concept and what is what meant to be. I only say this bcs it was fun at the start but become stale and disappointing as more and more bugs showed up. Thankfully this will be all fixed in AO but as of right now I dislike playing the game.

Thereā€™s not many actually unique magic games out there on roblox to pick examples from right now.

Thereā€™s even less good ones that are actually being updated. Iā€™ve only seen like 2 or 3

Precisely.

So Iā€™ve just been sitting patiently and waiting for AO to come out. Once it does hopefully I can become addicted to the game again.

2 Likes

flashbacks to waking up at 2am to play AA