Sometimes it feels like im the only one who preferred the continent over the sea

Oh yeah I missed quite a few.

Mavist island was… Kinda good I guess.

Ag island #1 was Moderately well made

Ice crown island was a bunch of light blue rectangular prisms.

The volcano was just a tall cube pyramid with lava on it.

Dawn’s refuge

The early second magic island was actually pretty well made.

Judgement isle was good tbh

Ag tower #2 Was incredibly made actually.

Ag camp #3… Was there an island there even?

I don’t remember any other island

Ion even gonna lie, I probably didn’t even visit half of the islands you mentioned and I played AA for a very long time. Primarily the reason being was that I never knew about discord/trello back then so I didn’t really know much about anything but I just grinded to the level cap on several different accounts. And yes looking back now, Theos’ battle ground was very simplistic.

I found both of these games that feature nice islands. These islands all have interesting shapes unlike Arcane Adventures where most of its island are either square-shaped or rectangular. They are also quite spacious which allow for longer exploration and more contents.

Hopefully AO’s islands aren’t like AA’s where most islands are tiny, bland and uninteresting

1 Like

I really hope so too.

You are not alone mate

Im glad that there are still people who disapprove of the TGR. 70% of this forum will literally harass you for expressing your opinion, not that I care, but I do disapprove heavily.
Every thread like this gets bombarded by half a million Vetex worshippers offering dumb and irrelevent reasons why the continent is shit (at least it’s better than Islands)

1 Like

Yeah I mean. Come on.

Wizard pirates or wizard cowboys?

Ones been made hundreds of times and are all regarded as one peace copies.

Jjba made magic cowboys (Steel ball run) and it’s one of the best god damn things to be made.

Continuing the discussion from Sometimes it feels like im the only one who preferred the continent over the sea:

Im pretty sure TGR will be disasterous unless Vetex invests 100k robux into the game, which I doubt he will. But he is such arrogant bastard that he will give jackshit about any suggestion counter to his TGR. In fact, his useless and robotic moderators remove posts and suggestions, like for example i just saw a suggestion being deleted as it asked for a revertion in the infamy gain system (which is justified) literally the very fucking minute it was posted.
He proudly waves the 70% of people was pro-TGR around like it is ground fact and accurate. That was month ago and I am sure that people have woken up to the fact that TGR will be ass. AA was pretty good but not becauase of scenery or of enviornment, but because of the story, the lore, and interactions between players (including pvp).

Let’s look at what Vetex did to address these factors:

• Story/Lore: I wanted to see a true sequel to AA, and insted Vetex has torn much of motivation for me to play in exchange for a probably retarded plot. Everyone ignored the small minor flaws and bugs in WoM such as repetitive quests and Vetex instead took deviling in details to the extreme. He could have just put the meat of the content out and fixed it later but NO, he must do a TGR that is high-risk.
  • PVP: He is going to remove Exiled and Minotaur items which took me hours to grind (i used to be pretty bad pvper). He claims he will change the pvp system but he will probably fuck this up badly based off of what little work he did between open betas and the fact he probably doesnt work at all, instead posting like a jackrabbit in his stupid discord.
  • Infamy: He will introduce vague, unclear, and confusing new ways to gain infamy. This means more incentive to alt farm, which happen with the change in how you gain infamy in first place.
  • Other vague, undescript details such as scenery: He got ONE island done in a month. ONE. At this rate he will get 2-4 islands done by release, not assuming the fact he is not hard worker like many other devs ive seen through years and instead lounges around on discord and forums.

I honestly hope this game collapses, I’ve lost hope in Vetex and his TGR. I was going to invest 50k robux into the game with some money I gained from bitcoiin investing, now I am investing in other games.

I decided that soon i shall make new poll for TGR approval. This time not on forums (but I will link to it here) but on strawpoll.me. I will also share in many wom discords I am in as well. this is so all the worshippers here on the forums don’t comprise all the vote. I will share results when done. I will use cookie duplication checking instead of IP so people with hundreds of vpns cant bot it. Captcha too.

This time, I will show Vetex the real opinion of the group.

Although I compromise on the update I really like this discussion. You all have very good points regarding your opinion on tgr and how some people seem to have a fanatic love for vetex. Seeing both sides of the story is something that is not done enough nowadays.

1 Like

Indeed

Look at Vetex’s twitter. You will see questions being asked on his tweets get 5 likes, but Vetex’s responses, 50+ likes.

Anyways, are there more threads like this, I don’t care if they are made by controversial people or closed, I just need to see more arguments since there are practically none.
Only one I can see is this:

Hmmmm do rants count?

Why not?

Well if you search TGR then you can find quite a bit of rants about it along with some general opinion.

1 Like

Anyways I gotta go now.

@Pox Thank you for respectfully giving your opinion and your side instead of just bashing the other. While i’m in favor of TGR and couldn’t care less about the continent anymore, I can see why you think the way you do. Continents can be fun if executed right. Just look at breath of the wild (which I still haven’t finished), with secrets to explore and horses to ride, there is never a dull moment in that game. I’ve never played gta v online but I heard that it was fun to mess around in.

Be lets be real for a moment, Those are console games.

WoM/AO is a roblox game, and while that isn’t a very good excuse for a game to be bad (bc some roblox developers have made awesome showcase islands), it does shine some light onto why WoM’s continent wasn’t nirvana. Yes continents on roblox have been done before, but games who have done such are far and few and it is very difficult to pull off. I can only name 4 off the top of my head (WoM/Voxel Blade/Rouge/A.Rising).

As for WoM’s continent…It just wasn’t executed right. That’s why the game felt like a walking simulator to me, every time I got a 600m quest I deleted it. I just couldn’t do it.

So I don’t see the problem with vetex going back to his roots and making good detailed islands (not AA beaches) that are distinct in appearance, purpose, and biome variation. The continent just felt like filler and everything looked the same. But anyways, each to their own and I respect your opinion.

1 Like

Infamy is pretty garbage and I think vetex knows this - he just doesn’t care anymore.
Pretty much every proposed change he made to infamy has been met with vitriolic fury from someone.
There are simple, good changes that can be made, but if I had to guess vetex is sick of trying to bandaid an incomplete system and just wants to pretend it doesn’t exist until he can fix it properly. The guild update was a mistake and we’re just pretending it didn’t happen.

Also I’d like to put in a word for macobre (the useless and robotic moderator who deleted the suggestion) - we don’t make the rules, that’s done by vetex and a small handful of people near the top of the heirarchy. The staff team definitely has a lot of simps, but macobre has always piped up when they thought vetex did an oopsie.

I’d personally love to see more (civil) discussion of infamy, but we don’t get any say on what’s allowed in #suggestions.

Honestly I suspect a re-poll would be even worse - the people who hate TGR have all left. Everyone still here thinks TGR has more good changes than bad changes.

Most people have a more nuanced opinion on TGR than “it’s all awful”, but when you hate everything you’ll find everyone looks like a vetex simp. Case in point:

The story was kinda doomed to be bad because players could start anywhere on the map thanks to the culture system. That meant the story quests couldn’t involve any special locations because they might be on the other side of the continent - all he had to work with was randomly spawning named NPCs.
That doesn’t excuse how awful the prologue was, but even if vetex had tried harder he’d have been kneecapped by the culture system before he could make something actually good.

I mostly agree with your other points (and I wish vetex had tried to do more with large landmasses instead of throwing in the towel and going back to boats), but I’ll defend vetex when it comes to him deleting the culture system - I think that was a good move.
The culture system was what held back Magius, not the fact it was a continent. WoM was only a walking simulator because vetex gave us 700m quests before he gave us good transport. Boats aren’t going to be more fun than walking.

4 Likes

@NoBanana Beat me to it. I was going to dennounce his points as well but there’s nothing I can say now that you haven’t already lol

I agree that boats if executed wrong could turn the game into a sailing simulator, and we could (not will) be back at square 1 with the transportation issue. However, at least we get to customize and upgrade our mode of transportation and take several people with us, that’s a plus.