Sometimes it feels like im the only one who preferred the continent over the sea

Most people here are Vetex worshippers.

4 Likes

I think a well done continent is objectively better then well done Islands, simply because more stuff.

Continents are harder to get right, though, and islands bring better performance so my preference for the game is clear, islands all the way.

Yeah. Imo. I believe the one way wom would work easily. Is if it was a single player game. Multi player would be too laggy

No I also prefer Continent over seas but I just shut my mouth because vetex simps are more in majority, there’s a feeling of uneasiness just having to shut up and hope AO is good and the sea is better rather then the continent. Transportation will be easier but people don’t realize continents have more stuff to look at and awe, vetex gave us a perfect land game in Wom even though transportation is harder but unfortunately he isn’t that ready yet to take it through. You can leave the sea blue and that’s it, the job’s done, epic. So you see only blue or the reflection of the sky. People are thinking that there will be a sea creatures ,diving point activites every corner but no that’s super unrealistic and there will be only interesting stuff near islands.

5 Likes

Islands are quite interesting but I do wonder whether or not if they’ll have the same amount of reward given per m^2of land (aka chests) cause imagine travelling 2-5 mins to another Island just for there to be 5 chests and getting a few gallions. I’m not sure on the scaling of Islands so I don’t know how to determine the amount of chests there may be per Island but they’ll have to be quite significant in size to compare to the amount in WoM. If chests in Islands are comparatively less to that in WoM maybe the frequency of getting certain item increases otherwise it would be a hell of a grind.

Also, what does everybody think of the Flight spell being removed? I’m thinking maybe make it accessible to higher level players such as level 200-300? Cause I personally want to see flying in action and it would be pretty cool especially if Vetex wants to introduce floating Islands/Islands on clouds but we’ll have to see.

1 Like

I laughed when vetex gave out his reasoning… It’s like he completely forgot we could fly in online fighting yet the majority still chose to use boats.

1 Like

Islands in AA were really good to be fair, just transport I remember taking some time. I reckon if Islands were more polished and refined for AO it wouldn’t be seen as a bad change after all.

Do bare in mind that this is taking place in a time where magic was less sophisticated so the idea of removing flight spells temporarily, trying to make sailing the main form of transport makes sense, but I do want flight spells to be introduced to higher levels. And having Islands also make sense because AO is set in a earlier time so there’s less time for land to combine… I mean you can conjure up all the waffle you want to make these implementations make sense. Overall, Islands are a pretty good idea i’m just confused on something. WoM(Soon to be AO) is the sequel to AA, but how far ahead in time? Because there are still Islands. I reckon AO may take place in a different part of the world but i’m not certain.

Yeahhhh… Not really.

Newground island was literally 3 giant dirt blocks. with some rocks and trees.

Doom island was… Fairly well made.

Arcane reborn did savaria better.

The sky island was the only one that looked well made in the first sea.

Borealis was just a giant frigate.

Oblitesco was a bunch of sand blocks with a well effort made cowboy island (Ironically im pretty sure we were gonna be wizard cowboys in wom with the horses.)

Altavista is just a vistarian charon ruins with some nigh invisible cloud models coating it.

I will never talk with someone who thinks theos’s AA battleground was remotely well made like a normal person. It’s literally a giant block I can replicate in 2 minutes.

Alalea kinda had some effort.

Sunrise had a nice mechanical door but that’s it.

Cerulea was the only island that actually looked incredibly made.

I do see a way that the islands could be better made. Check out the ones in cubes of gods. Those look pleasantly made

Oh yeah I missed quite a few.

Mavist island was… Kinda good I guess.

Ag island #1 was Moderately well made

Ice crown island was a bunch of light blue rectangular prisms.

The volcano was just a tall cube pyramid with lava on it.

Dawn’s refuge

The early second magic island was actually pretty well made.

Judgement isle was good tbh

Ag tower #2 Was incredibly made actually.

Ag camp #3… Was there an island there even?

I don’t remember any other island

Ion even gonna lie, I probably didn’t even visit half of the islands you mentioned and I played AA for a very long time. Primarily the reason being was that I never knew about discord/trello back then so I didn’t really know much about anything but I just grinded to the level cap on several different accounts. And yes looking back now, Theos’ battle ground was very simplistic.

I found both of these games that feature nice islands. These islands all have interesting shapes unlike Arcane Adventures where most of its island are either square-shaped or rectangular. They are also quite spacious which allow for longer exploration and more contents.

Hopefully AO’s islands aren’t like AA’s where most islands are tiny, bland and uninteresting

1 Like

I really hope so too.

You are not alone mate

Im glad that there are still people who disapprove of the TGR. 70% of this forum will literally harass you for expressing your opinion, not that I care, but I do disapprove heavily.
Every thread like this gets bombarded by half a million Vetex worshippers offering dumb and irrelevent reasons why the continent is shit (at least it’s better than Islands)

1 Like

Yeah I mean. Come on.

Wizard pirates or wizard cowboys?

Ones been made hundreds of times and are all regarded as one peace copies.

Jjba made magic cowboys (Steel ball run) and it’s one of the best god damn things to be made.

Continuing the discussion from Sometimes it feels like im the only one who preferred the continent over the sea:

Im pretty sure TGR will be disasterous unless Vetex invests 100k robux into the game, which I doubt he will. But he is such arrogant bastard that he will give jackshit about any suggestion counter to his TGR. In fact, his useless and robotic moderators remove posts and suggestions, like for example i just saw a suggestion being deleted as it asked for a revertion in the infamy gain system (which is justified) literally the very fucking minute it was posted.
He proudly waves the 70% of people was pro-TGR around like it is ground fact and accurate. That was month ago and I am sure that people have woken up to the fact that TGR will be ass. AA was pretty good but not becauase of scenery or of enviornment, but because of the story, the lore, and interactions between players (including pvp).

Let’s look at what Vetex did to address these factors:

• Story/Lore: I wanted to see a true sequel to AA, and insted Vetex has torn much of motivation for me to play in exchange for a probably retarded plot. Everyone ignored the small minor flaws and bugs in WoM such as repetitive quests and Vetex instead took deviling in details to the extreme. He could have just put the meat of the content out and fixed it later but NO, he must do a TGR that is high-risk.
  • PVP: He is going to remove Exiled and Minotaur items which took me hours to grind (i used to be pretty bad pvper). He claims he will change the pvp system but he will probably fuck this up badly based off of what little work he did between open betas and the fact he probably doesnt work at all, instead posting like a jackrabbit in his stupid discord.
  • Infamy: He will introduce vague, unclear, and confusing new ways to gain infamy. This means more incentive to alt farm, which happen with the change in how you gain infamy in first place.
  • Other vague, undescript details such as scenery: He got ONE island done in a month. ONE. At this rate he will get 2-4 islands done by release, not assuming the fact he is not hard worker like many other devs ive seen through years and instead lounges around on discord and forums.

I honestly hope this game collapses, I’ve lost hope in Vetex and his TGR. I was going to invest 50k robux into the game with some money I gained from bitcoiin investing, now I am investing in other games.

I decided that soon i shall make new poll for TGR approval. This time not on forums (but I will link to it here) but on strawpoll.me. I will also share in many wom discords I am in as well. this is so all the worshippers here on the forums don’t comprise all the vote. I will share results when done. I will use cookie duplication checking instead of IP so people with hundreds of vpns cant bot it. Captcha too.

This time, I will show Vetex the real opinion of the group.

Although I compromise on the update I really like this discussion. You all have very good points regarding your opinion on tgr and how some people seem to have a fanatic love for vetex. Seeing both sides of the story is something that is not done enough nowadays.

1 Like

Indeed