⚔ Spinning swords: A Lost Spell Suggestion

Spinning Swords is a mostly defensive lost spell. It will summon one or more magic swords that circle the player. They will continue to circle the player a little while after the spell finishes casting. If the player moves after using the spell, the swords will follow the player. It will have 2 sliders:

Swords:
Changes the number of swords that are summoned. Can be set between 1 and 8. More swords result in a slightly faster spin speed, slightly smaller swords, less damage, and lower duration (the time until the swords despawn).

Size:
Changes the size of the swords that are summoned. Greater size results in slower spinning speed and slightly less damage.

The main purpose of this spell is not to deal damage, although if your sword(s) hit the enemy multiple times, it can deal high damage. The purpose of the spell is to get your enemy away from you. In the future, when melee is viable in PVP, this will be useful in forcing melee users to back away. A melee user must high jump or dodge backward to avoid taking damage. In doing so, the magic-user will likely be able to use a different spell to get a free hit before the enemy returns.

More swords will deal more damage if the enemy doesn’t leave quickly enough. However, if the enemy does leave, this might result in less damage. If you choose the largest size, you may be able to get multiple hits either way. However, more swords and larger size both result in less damage per sword. Damage, alongside mana usage and duration, can be tested and changed such that it deals enough damage to force the enemy away, but not too much such that it’s overpowered.

I tried to use Roblox Studio to illustrate my idea. However, it wasn’t working. So you get this:

P.S. Sorry if this is poorly worded. I’m typing this at 1:30 AM in my time zone.

Edit: If you have Maker magic (or whatever the new name is) for the magic that you bound the spell to, you will also be able to change the weapon that is summoned. For example, you can make it so hammers circle you instead. Or spears, daggers, arabian swords, etc. Credit to @anon70689050.

spin
4 Likes

I did not know that existed (also what game is that?).

deepwoken

but yeah fucking love the idea of spinning swords around you and would definitely love to see it ingame

3 Likes

i thought it was rogue

Someone should suggest a lost spell thats similar to the 3 shells powerup in mario cart.

this post makes me feel motivated

Is this a Vergil reference?

Cool idea I can get behind, but what if the player doesn’t want swords? Instead they want to summon spinning hammers/spears/daggers etc.

There should be a “weapon” option in this spell that allows the player to choose what spinning weapons they want to summon.

4 Likes

100% agree with this. To add onto what you said , different types of each weapon would be dope.

Something like this?

(sorry for the terrible quality, the blue things are swords. Assume they are spinning.)

1 Like

Haha, we’d better have bones and blaster magic

2 Likes

get the hell outta here

If you know,

y o u
k n o w

stfu apolo not again

1 Like

LOL

Ah, well, it’s fine anyway, thought magical combat could be made better.

Kaeya and xinqui: hold my swords (genshin impact reference)

ah yes

1 Like

I remember suggestion something like this before, except it’s a variety of the summoned swords from Devil May Cry.

1 Like

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/lost-spell-suggestion/50777?u=lonesomewolf
Just putting this here so people know there is something similar.