Stasis Knight, a theoretical AO build

Assuming conjuror’s apply their magic’s status effect with imbued weapon strikes, ice conjurors with sunken swords will be incredibly powerful with a freeze effect on hit, as well as a massive damage increase. I’ve decided to preemptively call what i expect to be this early game meta build a “stasis knight”, due to being a ice-using melee combatant with easy access to the frozen status effect.

6 Likes

might make a guild out of this tbh, exclusive to sunken sword owning ice conjuror’s with pvp skill

nice

ice swordsman

A few days ago Vetex addressed this in his discord server. He says that if you apply your own magic to a weapon that is already naturally conducting a magic, then it’ll still get boosted and stuff but wouldn’t inflict the status effect you imbued on it.

Example 1: Imbuing Ice Magic onto a Sunken Sword will not allow it to inflict Freezing or Frozen. It will still only inflict Soaked.

Example 2: Imbuing Water Magic onto a mace that naturally conducts Fire Magic will still only inflict burn, not soak.

Sorry Ice Conjurers, no overpowered cancer insta-freeze mechanic for you.

5 Likes

Yay, no early game meta.

huh, well that’s better for game balance.

metamancers MALDING rn…

That’s good for balance.

My guy spent 5 minutes doing the first missions in Destiny 2: Beyond Light and now he’s addicted.
Based.

1 Like

2 Likes

i simply wanted a no win button :pensive:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.