Studio Build: Asterios Labyrinth

An island I created for fun with the help of @Misinput inspired by World of Magic.

The island is roughly the size of Drakos Arch and shares the same color palette and assets as they were intended to be part of the same biome. I’ve included several Easter eggs that I hope any World of Magic player would appreciate. I’ve also recreated some memorable locations, though nothing too fancy. At the center of the island, I’ve also added a small ruin similar to Silent Tower, which always struck me as the focal point of WoM’s map.

As the name suggests, the island also holds a huge labyrinth underneath (images below)! The goal of this build was to push the exploration of wilderness islands and I felt the best way I could do that without getting too technical would be something as cool as a maze. I also thought about making it necessary for players to unlock the main door at the center of the maze by flipping levers in the two larger rooms (images below). I think it would have made for a pretty fun place for players to explore.

Well anyway, enjoy! I’ll be posting a lot more builds soon. :+1:

━━━━━━ Asterios Labyrinth ━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━ Images ━━━━━━━━

Main Entrance

Left Entrance

Right Entrance

Room 1

Room 2

Treasure Room

73 Likes

This was my first ever build on studio weirdly enough, if we don’t count placing some random parts on a baseplate. Working on this was super fun and it taught me a lot and helped me reinforce various studio building skills, as well as find out what I’m good at making.
Here’s some fun things that happened while building it;

• Tobi and I staying up until like 9 in the morning some nights working on this.
  • It wasn’t originally going to be a WoM inspired island, but just an island similar to Harvest Island where there isn’t a whole lot. However the maze was still a major part. I jokingly added the Minotaur into the build, and that’s what started the island being WoM-themed.
  • In the ruined brig on the beach, theres two picture frames that are upside-down. I put funny images in both.
17 Likes

love the island! your attention to detail is always so dope :+1: i’d love to explore these in a game even if its not ao

1 Like

Thansk! :beers: I’ll probably be adding this to WoM Reborn so ig if that ever comes out it’ll be in there.

I’m also thinking of making a Roblox place where people can walk around my builds. We’ll see though.

1 Like

:eye: :eye: add gravity magic to said game lil bro…

1 Like

Since we’re on the topic of WoM. Here is my most recent build re-creating the shipwreck from WoM in WoM Reborns map.

9 Likes

:nod: so true

holy sh-

1 Like

this is how harvest island looks when i crash my sky ship there

1 Like

Kwispy driving :interrobang:

after seeing your brig in game im afraid of what the pictures would be…

2 Likes

:skull: you don’t want to know…

“got a harvest chart. and its tagging under the harvest island whirlpool WTF”

1 Like

let her cook?

3 Likes

naaaaaah, that’s unlucky

Let her drift cause that driving is cold :cold_face:

1 Like

us just staring in confusion while misinput stares in awe

1 Like

I’m dialing 911 Roblox rn. This will be your final misinput.

1 Like

the craziest part is how the boat is taking no damage

bro said to walk it off :skateboard:

1 Like