Stupid Ideas Volume 5. Sieges

This is technically part of a series, considering I keep titling each of these stupid ideas with a volume.
So I’ll just edit in a link to the next part here.

Next : Stupid Ideas Volume 6. Titlescreen Changes
Previous : Stupid Ideas Volume 4. The Full Picture

You already know what time it is, came up with something while at school.
I’ll turn it into a suggestion after a bunch of writing.

Imagine as a story quest that you’re caught in the crossfire, or actively have to hold a fortification during a battle.
Then that fortification undergoes siege.

Bringing the experience of being negative reputation to the commoner!
( I’m positive reputation fyi, I just see my negative reputation friends commonly complain. )

Your crew mans the cannons and prepares for a siege.
Backup is probably gonna arrive in 5 minutes or so.
Your only option?

Hold this place until your blast breath escapes your lungs or until help arrives.

Appearing in suggestions… when I’m done writing it.
thas all i’ll elaborate more in the suggestion lol

not as good as the toilet meter idea sadly :pensive:

didnt get the chance to post this on ur suggestion so ill post it here:

5 fps 8000 ping gameplay :slight_smile:

very cool suggestion, makes the game feel more alive and dangerous.

it’d be cool if there was a similar gamemode for clan wars (PvP sieges rather than PvE)

ex: one clan attacks an island, another clan defends, takes place in a separate server, with the winner gaining infamy. each side has a “morale” which decreases based on deaths, with 0 morale, players no longer respawn on that team.
lets say team A defends and team B attacks
team B will spawn far away from team A’s island (~5 minute drive w/ 0 ship speed), allowing team A to build their fortifications during that time.

• incentivizes ship builds:
    • crew of fast ships to go in and disrupt their building period as soon as possible
    • heavy slow ships that have a lot of resistance, improving sieging ability w/ their mortars and cannons

if team A were to win (by killing everyone from team B), they can choose to taunt team B.
team B can choose if they want to take their challenge:

• if team B chooses no (coward), the match ends with team A gaining infamy.
  • if team B chooses yes, team B will be revived and both teams will get +50 morale (assuming morale starts and caps at 100 and each death decreases it by 1), resulting in one of two outcomes:
    • team A wins - 2x infamy from winning, team B loses 1.5x
    • team B wins - 2x infamy from winning, team A loses 2.5x

of course these are just example numbers and rewards and not indicative of the actual rewards for the gamemode
it would be awesome trying to defend an attack of 10 players w/ their other 10 members using the mortars on their frigates

a 20v20 would be awesome but w/ this games performance issues i don’t think it’ll be possible
(also possible infamy farming)
(also this suggestion would take a lot of work to implement into the game)
(also thats a lot of players needed for a pvp gamemode in a game where pvp isn’t that popular)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.