Sub Vs Dub

No, there is no poll. I want you to give your answer on what you watch your anime with (Subtitles in your native language or Dubbing in your native language), and then tell my why. I.e “I choose sub because…” or “I choose dub and here’s why…”

whitebeard saying the one piece is real dubbed is the best thing to reach the internet

1 Like

first anime i watched (mha) i did dub because i was lazy to read subtitles

second anime i watched (jjba) i did sub because netflix was actually giving them british accents in part 1 and i wanted something more accurate and i kept it through part 5 and still with 6. haven’t watched more animes than these but i i do then probably subbed.

My original reasoning when i first started watching anime was because I always watch with subtitles regardless of language, but it’s way harder to find dubbed anime that has matching subtitles so I just watch the original JP with subs.

yea it’s true that subs are different a lot of the time because of the ways you can interpret the languages

Honestly depends on how well the dub is done. Panty and Stocking, Black Lagoon, and Great Pretender are anime I’ve only watched dubbed without even trying the sub.

I will most often watch anime subbed as I don’t need to wait for it to be dubbed and it feels “correct” if anything.

sub partially because i process words better when i read it

my prone-to-mishearing ass doesn’t go well with dub

Definitely. I preferred dub of one piece until Punk Hazard because the laughs are… horrific. Watching marineford in dub was heart-wrenching because it hits so much harder in your own language I think. All other animes are sub

Subtitles because my computer’s speakers are broken.

One Piece: 10 strongest Whitebeard pirates, ranked

Subs, cause I believe that the Japanese VAs are overall more fitting for the characters that I watch in Anime

Not to mention that the Voice Acting and Emotion of the voices in general are overall of higher quality

dub.

Because I’m not a degenerate.

you’re on a forum for a fucking lego game made for toddlers
stop thinking you’re any better than any of us

1 Like

damn, u right.

I still like dub better tho

meat-boy-super-meat-boy

Complete opposite for me. In school I was heavily incentivized to basically just skim through text and pick up on key words. I’ve never dropped this trait and still pretty much use it to this day. As a result I often misinterpret many things I read and must re-read them to completely comprehend it. Not that big of an issue but when a large wall of text is shown to me I can just feel overwhelmed by it.

1 Like

o i see

tbh if my ass is listening to someone reading/telling a story to me, there’s a chance i would barely be able to process words or remember it (or at least, i don’t remember that shit well unless i read the story somewhere else)

why do people act like subs vs dubs is an anime thing, it isnt.
and subs are superior most of the time bcuz dubs kinda stray away from the director’s original intention for the media in question and usually for the worse

I dont know what it is about english VAs but usually they sound bland and lacking emotion in comparison to japanese VAs. Some english dubs like panty and stocking, love is war, and konosuba have great voice acting but in most cases the sub just sounds better. Unless its Ghost Stories then its english dub 100% that dub was so good they sent it back to japan to get re-dubbed with the new script

1 Like

the only Dub I really watch is Dragon Ball Super and Panty and Stocking