✨ Suggestion for Vetex

Before you scream in my face, just hear me out! :slight_smile:

Idea: GLISTENING ARMOR (Word can also be ‘Shiny’, or ‘Gleaming’)

How it works:
Like how Shiny variants work in Pokemon, each armor/accessory can have their own ‘Glistening’ variant.

Perks:

• Shiny sparkles coming off the armor piece
  • (?) Slight color variance
  • PURELY COSMETIC

How to obtain:
When obtaining any armor/accessory from their normal method of obtainment, they will have a % chance to be Glistening.
I suggest the chances be around 1/100 (1%). It shouldn’t be too hard for players to get, but also hard enough that its a flex mechanic. Keep in mind that this chance stacks with the base rarity of the item.

Why should this be added?

• EASY TO BE ADDED; WILL BE ACHIEVABLE BEFORE RELEASE!
  • This gives players the option to challenge themselves and hunt for rare Glistening variants.
  • Motivation to flex Glistening items (end-game players)
  • More variety and demand for Trading and the player economy
  • Gives the option to add developer products and gamepasses such as “Increased Glistening Chance”, such as a 2x multiplier for Glistening drops, especially since they’re purely cosmetic.
4 Likes

suggestions are closed
…now time to actually read the post

11 Likes

You come back with a cringe pfp and this is the first thing you do?

Not a bad idea simply because there’s really no lost or gain from this

1 Like

I encourage you to read the suggest, lmk what you think : )

well its not a bad suggestion but the issue is that its a suggestion and going to get locked

1 Like

Yeah I really hope this gets added.

Just needed to get my idea out there.

.1% chance cosmetics? :sleeper:

2 Likes

I mean, sounds cool sure but that just sounds like the recolored armor in WOM but harder to get

2 Likes

Keep in mind, Shiny Pokemon are a .2%
Glistenings are also meant to be a flex for end-game.

But hey, imagine an end-game boss thats fully decked out with Glistening items.

Well
insert joke about abd and yba shinys here

they’re going to be used exclusively as a bargaining token for trading (which is what I’m guessing you had in mind.)

Yup, thats partially the reason too.
Its not a bad thing…
If you’ve ever played Pokemon Brick Bronze or Loomian Legacy, you’ll know that all traders want are to collect Shinies.

Not horrible or anything but like…

eh

Imagine get a shiny level 1 item

2 Likes

Decent idea

If his name isn’t “Dravin the Dripped” I will puke

This is true, but it doesn’t matter how easy it would be to add if it doesn’t bring anything substantial to the game.

I don’t see how farming enemies for 30 hours is “challenging”

I don’t want some 35 year old overweight man who still lives with his mother to call me shit at the game because I wont spend all my free time farming bandits.

I wonder why you mentioned this…

i don’t think Vetex has lost enough dignity to add any sort of “increased chance” gamepasses to AO. still gives the advantage of owning high-value items, as someone can trade glistening gear for rare weapons and lost magics/spells without having to farm nearly as much as f2p players.

Overall, it seems like you’re only suggesting this because it would benefit you, and all the other reasons you provided were so you could justify the addition of a sub-par gameplay mechanic which doesn’t really fit the rest of the game.

5 Likes