Suggestions Need a Change

There needs to be some way for moderators/admins to lock certain users out of being able to interact with the category at all without needing to jump straight to suspensions.
There’s too many trolls, derailers, whatever else to ignore.

I don’t know how role permissions on this site work or how to set it up so I ain’t gonna pretend I do, but something needs to be done about these people.
I could go back in my suggestions and make a whole list of people that have showed up with the sole intention of trolling, derailing, ragebaiting, ect.

4 Likes

ok bro that is directly aimed at me

Yes you are on that list, but you are far from the only one.

ok nvm now I think I can tell who sum r

i think that the Suggestions category should only be unlocked and have topic posting access to people with Regular, this solution would reduce trolls and hopefully make Suggestions a better place than it already is.

Limiting it to regular is honestly too far, I think it should be akin to the suggester role but given to TL2 users by default.
Having the role taken away would disable your access to the channel.

1 Like

How would a role even be obtained to make it fairly difficult to obtain in the first place? it shouldn’t be as easy as getting member role.

I ain’t trying to make the bar into chatting in suggestions harder, I just want some mechanism in place to allow moderators to lock the people causing problems out without needing to completely suspend them.

Like perm suspending optical for acting stupid and being a nuisance in a couple of suggestions would be absurd, but I’d love to see him never able to talk in suggestions again.

So…like a role that can be revoked? kinda like regular in a way? because regular can be revoked if you attempt to do bad things as a regular.

correct!

I would have regular but mods removed it

oh you caught me

buddy you bombed my suggestion because your suggestion couldn’t exist if mine was implemented?

I called you out for copying my suggestion and just writing a worse version of it.
You straight up just suggested an unintuitive version of Elysium just for the sake of keeping Elysium closed, were you expecting praise???

Then you tried to derail my legendary scales suggestion.