Sunken Riddle Awards

Welcome to the Sunken Riddle Award Ceremony, the follow-up to my Sunken Giveaway Riddle post! The riddles were just a random idea that occurred to me one day and I thought it would make for a cool challenge if I added some high-stakes rewards to them. The topic ended up getting way more attention than I thought it would, and it was fun to watch everyone struggle together to eventually arrive at the riddles’ solutions. Without further ado, let’s get into the rewards!

There will be 4 rewards in total: Three people will be rewarded with either a sunken boots or sunken helmet, and one forumer will receive a Clean sunken sword! There were many, many people who put in a lot of work towards answering this riddle, so it was a bit of a challenge to decide who should actually get the rewards or not; if only I had a few dozen more sunkens, then I could give everyone who earned them a reward. Nonetheless, here are our lucky four!

Coming in 4th place, we have

🤝

@Robert! Being the person that managed to solve the final riddle, it’s thanks to him that the event (and people’s mental suffering) came to an end. Robert was able to take these four words that had stumped people for hours and tie them into the correct answer, and as a reward for doing so Robert will receive one Clean Sunken Boots! Congratulations, Robert!

In 3rd place, we have

🥉

@Kaerrada! They had a few near misses with the answer to the final riddle, and was tirelessly churning out answers in hopes of narrowing down the possible answer. As a reward, you have a choice between one Clean Sunken Boots or one Clean Sunken Helmet. Congratulations!

2nd place goes to

🥈

@danthelastred! One of the most prominent guessers throughout the course of the riddles, Dan definitely contributed a lot of ideas that helped advance forward. For his efforts and lost sanity, he’s awarded the choice of either one Clean Sunken Boots, or a Sunken Helmet enchanted with Keen, Bursting, or Keen. Congratulations!

And for the grand prize reward of a sunken sword, 1st place goes too…
Cue the drumroll!

🥁
📓
📜
🥇

@despicablbanana! This forumer, appearing out of nowhere, nearly swept the entire event! Their level of cunning and ability to think outside the box had me shaking in my boots whenever they started typing, truly the Batman to my Riddler! Congratulations on winning a Clean Sunken Sword, despicablbanana!

And of course I’d like to give a huge thanks and shoutout to everyone that participated in the riddle event, every single contributor’s efforts helped progress the riddle further. The topic had a bunch of activity over the course of a couple weeks and was filled with a lot of fun moments. People coming together to try solving it, bonding over being told their answer was incorrect, and falling into a soul-crushing despair at the nigh-impossible riddle was truly a beautiful thing to witness. There were also a fair amount of new forumers that joined due to riddle, and to all of you I give a big welcome! To the winners, I’ll get in touch with you for your rewards, so keep an eye out for that!

I’ll see you all in Arcane Odyssey, that’s all for now!

Until the next one?

5 Likes

i thought this would blow up tbh

Congratulations Banana!

You too Diva!

1 Like

Let us duel with our wits more in the future :saluting_face:

Congratulations to the award winners and everyone else for participating in this! I surely would give more credit to everyone else’s guesses, I was just shooting my shot in the dark based off the efforts of the ones before me, and without them, your riddle clearly would have been an intimidating obstacle to overcome. It was fun seeing a community develop around this and bonding over mental anguish LMAO and I would love future events like this as AO grows!

1 Like

You lost to your bananemy how do you feel

no he is my banana brethren

Oh. (bananathern)

Congrats to the people who won. I really liked this event and would love to see more of it.

yeah this was fun i’d definitely participate in something similar if it gets hosted again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.