Sunken Giveaway Riddle

As we all know, Arcane Odyssey’s release is just around the corner. So to celebrate, I’ve decided to host a giveaway of a few sunken items, including one clean Sunken Sword! However, there’s a catch; to obtain this reward, you must first solve a series of riddles I’ve crafted for the occasion. I tried not to make the riddles impossible to solve, but also not too easy, so hopefully I found the right balance. There’ll be more than one reward, so feel free to collaborate with others with the shared goal of solving them.

Overview

The challenge consists of three riddles, all of which can be solved independently of one another. The riddles can be about anything; they may be related to AO or WoM, any subject on the forums, or be completely random. Once these three have been solved, putting them together correctly will reveal a large clue that will allow the true answer to the riddle to be solved. Every player has unlimited attempts, but can only give one final guess every 12 hours per riddle. When you use your final guess, I’ll tell you if your guess was correct or incorrect as well as if it was closer or farther than the final guess of the person before you.

A visual example of what I mean by "attempts" and "final guesses"

In the scenario above, riddleguesser992 had a lot of guesses but only gave one as a final guess. When they did so, I told them they were correct. In the case that an incorrect guess is given, I’d say something more along these lines:

You’ll still be able to give answers after using your final guess, but I won’t tell you if any of them are correct or incorrect for the remainder of that riddle.

The winner of the sunken sword will be the person who I believe made the most progress in solving the entire riddle, and up to 2 other major contributors will be given a sunken helmet or sunken boots of their choice. If nobody manages to solve the true answer to the riddle, no rewards will be given. Now that that’s all covered, let’s get into the riddles!

Riddle 1

(Solved by @DespicablBanana)
My heart, are you here? Will your warmth reach me,
Or be snuffed out by the cold of our skin?
My head, are you clear? Or will you once again burden me
With the sorrows that sustain me?
My light, are you near? Do you await the day you embrace me
And forever shelter me from the dark?
The Void, shall I fear? Or let it carry me,
As my home.

Riddle End.

Click here for the answer

The Answer to this riddle is Earth!

My heart, are you here? Will your warmth reach me,
Or be snuffed out by the cold of our skin?

The heart and its warmth refer to the earth’s molten core. Being snuffed out by the cold of its skin refers to the crust of the earth cooling.

My head, are you clear? Or will you once again burden me
With the sorrows that sustain me?

The head is the sky and the sorrows that sustain the earth is rain, as rain is often referred to as the earth crying.

My light, are you near? Do you await the day you embrace me
And forever shelter me from the dark?

The light is the sun, hundreds of millions of miles away from the earth. Billions of years from now, the sun will have grown large enough to “absorb” the earth into itself.

The Void, shall I fear? Or let it carry me,
As my home.

The void is space, the great unknown. It’s the home of all celestial bodies including earth.

Riddle 2

(Solved by @DespicablBanana)
A level head and straightened back,
Forever standing tall,
Show righteousness to all that breathe
And broken eggs on walls.
Short in step yet large in scale
In battles of the mind,
Take up your cross when the time has come
To be the next of your kind.

Riddle End.

Click here for the answer

The answer to this riddle is King!

A level head and straightened back,
Forever standing tall,

These are attributes associated with a good king or leader; they should be sensible and often carry themselves with pride. Biblically and historically, the greatest kings have been described as being righteous.

And broken eggs on walls.

This line is a reference to Humpty Dumpty, an egg that fell off a wall and broke. The King, the King’s horses and the King’s men all tried to aid Humpty, but were unable to put him back together again.

Short in step yet large in scale
In battles of the mind,
Take up your cross

These lines are references to chess; ‘Short in step’ because a king can only move one space in any direction. ‘Large in scale’ because the king is ultimately the leader of their entire army across the board. Chess is a sport of using strategy to outwit your opponent, hence ‘Battles of the mind’. The symbol of the king’s crown in chess also brandishes a cross.

when the time has come
To be the next of your kind.

The title of monarch is passed on from generation to generation; there will eventually come a time when a prince rises to the position of king in his predecessor’s stead.

Riddle 3

Solved by @DespicablBanana

O, these arms, I carry them.
O, these decisions, I withstand their weight.
O, this news, how sorrowful indeed.
O, my witness, watch over me.

Riddle End

Click here for answer

The answer to this riddle is Bear!

All of these lines include phrases in which something that can be beared/bore;

O, these arms, I carry them.

“(The right to) bear arms”

O, these decisions, I withstand their weight.

“Bear the weight of your decisions”

O, this news, how sorrowful indeed.

“Bear bad news” / “Bearer of bad news”

O, my witness, watch over me.

“Bear witness”

Riddle 4

And thus I march upon the path
Laid down to be my guide.
Roast these black hearts as my meal
To keep my step in stride.
You may hear, when I am near,
A heaven-piercing cry.
This lets all know, both friend and foe,
That it’s time to say goodbye.
I smoke all day, but I’m not fond
Of cigarettes or tobacc’.
I’ll billow and bellow upon this path
Until it’s time to stop.

Riddle End

Final Guesses

A list of previously given final guesses for each unsolved riddle, ordered from least accurate to most accurate.

Hints

1. The answer to each riddle is a physical thing. Riddle 1 is completely a physical thing. Riddle 2 is a physical thing, but also something that a thing can be. The answer for riddle 3 has two meanings, one of them being a physical thing and the other being something that can be done. The riddle leans towards the latter rather than the former.

2. The answer to each riddle is a real thing that exists in our world. However, only the answers to riddle 1 and 2 still exist in the AU as far as we know.

3. It’s not a title. The word for the physical thing and the thing that can be done are the exactly the same.

Final Riddle Hints

• It’s more than one word
  • It’s not something that exists in real life, but it’s not from the AU nor Greek mythology
  • It’s a physical thing
  • Lean heavily on the answer to the first riddle
  • Guessing random dictionary words is in vain, because you won’t find the answer in a dictionary

Once these pieces are solved, you should be able to put everything together to get the true answer to the riddle! There’s no time limit, so the prize will be on the table indefinitely until someone wins. Best of luck to all who participate!

20 Likes

I think I’ll just rely on pity… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

so theres 3 riddles and the answer to those riddles gives us a fucking riddle. aight bet but this will be done before I wake up so ill jsut give it to someone

1 Like

LMAO it’s more like they each give you a piece of a bigger answer

kinda reminds me of a blackhole in some ways, but idk if it completely fits

the only thing I say is make it so like “this riddle is about an object” or " this is about a way of thinking" cause if this can be anything this can be ANYTHING which doesnt help when it talks about either opposites, or duality or anxiety or something like that

umm actually it’s not clean… it was sitting at the bottom of the sea for at least hundreds of years. it’s covered in sea gunk!

this reminds me of anxiety actually no this is anxiety not a guess but this fully is

or its about how im probably gonna die here

Hmmm…… something sepulchral, yes. Something sad, but I’m not laying my final guesses yet. Mentioning sorrow and weight leads me to think the narrator is carrying a casket however.
Or what if they’re bringing something somewhere? They can’t be carrying flowers, those are really light. And withstanding weight could mean something more heavy?

maybe its like I just killed someone like “oh my god I killed someone with these hands, my actions made him die this is going to send someone to a depression spiral”.

also saying o these arms I carry them seems like hes dragging his arms more then holding up a coffin like he did something with them

i was thinking the arms might be referring to weapons and that it was a military boat or something

that could work for my theory.
also
so riddle one is anxiety, riddle two is I dunno paladin?, and riddle 3 is murder so with this the final one would be something like battle? war? I dunno you guess

Hmm you might be right about that. Maybe if there isn’t any substantial progress made by the end of tomorrow I’ll be more specific about what the answer to each riddle is.

But for now, all i’ll say is that the answers all quite simple in nature

I wanna make more guesses but I’m so confused by these riddles.

if 's the answers are simple this might just be like a paladin or holy knight of some sort

1 Like

when is tomorrow for you cause tomorrow for me is in 22 minutes

1 Like

yeah some sort of… IS THIS THE FUCKING CRUSADE. (not a guess)

By tomorrow evening, so around this time tomorrow or later

Answer: 48

Final Answer: Forty-Eight