Taxes for Auctions

We’ve all tried the auctioneers now that they’re finally out…

Only to be slapped in the face with people listing junk or plain items for 1 million galleons.

So my idea to prevent people from making joke listings is a simple tax system.
Listing an item will automatically tax you for 0.5/100 of the cost you listed for in galleons, example would be listing something for 1000 galleons, you lose 5 galleons immediately, and these galleons won’t be able to be recovered.
So listing something for 1000000 will cause the person to lose 5000 unrecoverable galleons, this minor price will prevent people from making joke listings but allow people wanting to sell stuff regularly to not be screwed over too much.

I used to play Vesteria a lot, and the marketplace there had a tax which players often factored into when listing their items, however this tax was a whole 15% of the listed price, which is quite high, so I believe we should just have a 0.5% tax to auction listings to prevent junk listed for 1 million.

While Triasta isn’t a junk, it’s definitely not worth 1 million galleons.
image_2024-10-20_000110318

I don’t see the issue, you can clearly see which ones are trolls

This would all be solved if there were pages and filters instead of the game just listing the highest priced items

Do they work now? Mine keeps on getting errors

or just make the auction sort by lowest price. no one is going to buy or look at the 1,000,000 cost items

1 Like

The cheaper ones should be at the top, the ecspensive should be at the bottom.

Bro just say 1/200 or 5/1000

Next page not working is a bug. Filtering will come in the future. We probably will add taxes in the future. Just trying to see how everything is right now

2 Likes

hey just a concern, will the taxes be big? the guy did suggest a 0.5% tax to counter the trolls but if the tax is like 5%, will that not make people to overprice a bit more to counter it?

Sure

me buying sand dollar for 1000 galleons each:

agreed

meta wont like if we remove the only “built in” method to transfer items from one file to the other without a middleman
but i can see the point

We love it when you see real world occurrences happen in games

Nah we don’t need this, just add a feature for max price filter. Also -5000 would barely change anything.

Arcane Odyssey.

Mine too, when i click on items it says “markeplace closed” or something like this

I made a thread on this earlier, Meta kindly explained the issue

Mine was different, the marketplace was opening and showing all the orders and everything, but when I tried to put something for selling, then it showed the error. Now though it’s just closed