Taxes ruined arcane odysseys release

Not false. AA may have had 3 seas, but the content in those seas very few lacking. There was no dark sea or any grindable endgame content, there were no bosses that were really worth grinding because the best items in the game were found via chests rng and fishing. In a way, AA was actually much more grindy than AO is, since if you wanted anything of endgame value, you needed to do fishing or chest farming.

The main quest was also lackluster. Hell, there was barely even a questline to follow. In the first Sea, Theos just sent you out in the world with zero guidance, then you meet him in the 2nd sea and he gives you your awakening quest. Thereā€™s no cutscenes like in AO, thereā€™s no side characters to build a good story, etc.

But yeah, the content was seriously lacking in AA. AO, despite being in early access and still not even 5% done, already blows it out of the water.

Not saying that this proves that thereā€™s more content in AA but it took me 10 hours in total to max out my first slot with full king calvus armor enchanted with power which is arguably the best set in the game. My first time playing arcane reborn (Iā€™ve already played arcane adventures and know what the quest line is like, something i cannot say for my first time playing ao) at my 15 hour mark i had just reached max level and my gear was extremely lackluster compared to the best armor sets in AR because instead of farming the same boss for 30 minutes i actually had to go out and fight bosses, do events, and search chests to get good gear.

It kinda has more content tho? with 3 seas arcane adventures had about 5 main bosses, no builds, far less magics, and strength route was incomplete. There wasnā€™t really anything to grind for too, after you got to cerulea all you could do was grind chests and bosses for armor (and also autoclick for an entire day to get 500 magic and strength).

Odyssey has already surpassed AA in a lot of aspects, it just lacks a few features like potions and ghost ships, thats it.

Im not talking about what AO will be in the future as of right now it has less content than AA did

You could auto click for max level and strength but even auto clicking from level one would take you weeks compared to the 8 hours it took me to reach max level in arcane odyssey. And the most powerful stat magic cannot be auto clicked as it requires magic energy even in weapons which would require you to macro which is bannable. So even if you did auto click to max level would still be doing no damage with magic and you would have to manually level that up.

the doomwood spiked club in question:

It has a level requirement of 210. Im talking about if you did nothing but get the magic dagger and auto click

DEEPWOKEN PROFILE PIC?
nah, get off this forum
your not welcome here you deepwoken addict

tbh bro if you got fully maxed out in 10 hours, you definitely didnā€™t experience the game and you instead just speedran it

games tend to be more fun if you actually play them instead of speedrunning everything

Deepwoken is a good game despite what a lot of people think. Me and my friends were addicted to the game for a couple months first experiencing the map and leaning the mechanics before it got extremely sweaty and repetetive

1 Like

I did that the blue quests told me to do whenever they were available and when they werenā€™t i explored, grinded bosses, and side quests. If thatā€™s (speed running) than i guess Iā€™m just a natural speedrunning god

idk man, the file i made when ao dropped is almost at 100 hours and iā€™m still having fun, maybe the game just isnā€™t for you

the reason you dont like odyssey is because you love midwoken
common L

What is there for me to do besides make new slots. Im not a fan of any hybrid builds as i have tried them all on my friends acc

I havenā€™t touched the game in a year lol

we honestly donā€™t need people in the community, if they canā€™t fucking read.

more play time =/= more content, by this logic vetex couldve added a 2 week timer between frostmill and sailors lodge that youd have to wait out and itd have more content than aa

1 Like

oh no I agree that pvp isnā€™t great and that is not what Iā€™m here for.

Iā€™m saying adding deliberately unbalanced and broken tools for players to use in a game where pvp is always active is a terrible idea for incredibly obvious reasons.

If PvP was an option thatā€™d be funny and fun but its not.

Arcane odyssey is bad rn either way. There is simply no endgame content because you can get the best gear within a couple hours and pvp is very unbalanced. And the only Responce Iā€™ve gotten to excuse this void in the end game is ā€œmake a new slotā€ which feels like a chore at this point just to experience a few different moves