Testers, What is Your Process?

This is exactly what I thought. People blame Vetex for anything bad that happens, and accuse him of being lazy or a bad developer. This is his passion project, and he is dedicating almost all of his time into making the game the best it can be, so why do people think he is intentionally letting bugs slip through? Are they stupid?

4 Likes

Ikr, and this issue isnt even EXCLUSIVE to AO and Roblox.

I used to play a certain well known game outside of Roblox. Has a decent team behind it, literally has an open beta test for players to sign up for too as it gets frequent updates. And there were a few occasions when an update went live, a bug appears that NEVER appeared in beta testing, causing issues for players. One time, it made the game unplayable for some players lol.

Again, this was a well known game, well established community and a good amount of testers, and this STILL happens on occasion.

People complaining about the testers clearly dont know how game bugs works, smh. New bugs can sometimes appear when converting the new update into the live game.

6 Likes

then why were you using that platform/place for testing then?
I understand that the testers were not the problem…
whatever just my input on this

(also stop blaming roblox for everything your also some(not all) have countably in this but you ready know that)

AO stress tests would go hard

Idea: completely close the main game for a few hours to a day after updating so that the testers can find stuff in the actual game

Yeah, thats what Vetex plans to do from now on

2 Likes

Im afraid this doesnt just happen in AO or Roblox at all. From my experience in another game, bugs can sometimes happen when an update goes live that NEVER appears in the testing phase. It happened to another game I used to play, so yeah…

again so why are you using it?
why not a test/dev game

(this also implies that this is a known problem, so why didn’t vetex know about this problem?)

People will be irrational when they’re angry, being angry back at them only makes them angrier. The problem here wasn’t that bugs occurred it was the way the situation was handled. I.E. you don’t calm down a shouting person by shouting back at them, at least not in a normal situation.

1 Like

Isnt the testing place for AO literally a test game? Just that its hidden? I legit saw screenshorts of it in the past (idk if they were fake, but at the time, it looked real seeing peoples reactions to it)

Vetex literally didn’t answer the question bro

._.

I can’t counter that because you don’t even know it’s real…
but uh just say it’s true.

is it 1 to 1 copy? did they make characters before getting the characters ported to new versions? we have no idea because Vtex didn’t say anything about the process.

(tip for the unlikely chance for Vetex to read this: TALK MORE, LIKE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THEIR FAVORITE GAMES)

It’s not 1-1 but finding what is causing bugs to differ takes too long, especially without a dev team(which vet should 100% get instead of solo dev being used as an excuse)

1 Like

Bro, you dont always have to know the process. As I said before, this issue happens in another game I used to play, so Im certain this is just a general coding issue that happens from time to time.

My memory is blurry, but in that game I mentioned, one of the bugs that cause issues for players that never appeared in beta was a bug that literally crashes the game when you hit the floor of a specific map lmao

You cant always 100% prevent bugs or issues in a game. One way or another, they always come through.

Blaming volunteering testers is stupid, blaming the dev of the game for bugs in his game is natural

what if there were test servers within the maingame but they were like private servers so it would only be accessible by testers and it would still be within maingame so bugs that get fixed arent going to come back like what happened this update, just an idea but it could work out

Im not even sure if that would even work at all…

he should start paying testers. it doesn’t have to be a whole lot, but from what I know, most of the tester teams are a friend group who volunteer try to test bugs. I think there’s some testers who do a fantastic job at testing bugs while a good amount of the testers are inactive.

I understand that Roblox isn’t a good platform, but I don’t think it should be your every excuse when something happens. You have to work around the platform despite how shitty it is, and if you can’t get through important things like content, bug fixing, because you’re doing something else that takes all your time it’s time to get some support from other people. Not trying to hate but as a member of this community as most of you we should be concerned about the game and not giving developers a free pass and forgiveness every time updates are sloppy/not that good when this WHOLE update took 6 months.

I understands things aren’t your fault and out of your control but at the same time you barely take accountability and instead full out defend yourself and your game when there are issues people are concerned about and have a RIGHT to as we are people who have stood by you and played your games for many years, some have donated to you via donations or patreon.

iirc vetex was able to make private servers he just couldn’t make them paid access (remember when he tried doing that for elysium), he even has the “enter private server code” in the servers list