The 3 new stats would be better off as Gem secondary's like "Energy Regeneration"

The 3 new stats would be better off as Gem secondary's like "Energy Regeneration" https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/3/4/349c4c1b2b1938775a22c17bc687b8f129673de9.png
effort 4.0 3 quality 5.0 3 reasonability 2.5 2

When Nimbus dropped I was skeptical of adding any more main stats to the game due to unnecessary clutter (especially considering the state of intensity), and my opinion remains the same.

Regeneration: Provides the same function defense does, to not die, in PVE this could be used to more easily just outlast bosses, potentially turning the game into a joke if using food, and in PVP to in theory counter dot builds or to play the running and waiting game. I don’t like either of these ideas, so I believe outside of VIT builds, regen should be kept very limited.

Resistance: actually cool stat in concept, but I think you need to heavily gear your build towards this playstyle in order for this stat to function. I think this would work better as a lesser gem secondary stat, since again, Its just kinda defense but when you’re attacking and blocking.

Armor piercing: this is the one stat I dislike, it feels like its playing rock paper scissors with defense and resistance. I don’t think builds in this game should be made to explicitly counter each other, but rather, each one being good and unique in its own way. Not to mention, it suffers from the same problem of its just power but it counters certain builds better.

Overall, if armor piercing just dealt more dmg through blocks so as to be a complement to power instead of competing with it, and these 3 stats were made into secondary gem stats (like energy regeneration), the game would be better off. Simpler, and probably less of a headache to balance.

So now, IN ADDITION to your build, do you want…?
-Slightly higher survivability
-Extra dmg through blocks (more dps against blocking npc’s)
-Become tougher when attacking
-Higher energy regeneration (can throw more attacks)
-etc

statts

2 Likes

I’m on the edge about this, while it is a good idea, I’m not sure about having them be secondary effects. Secondary effects mainly feel more like PVE or exploration effects (besides blocking power), and they don’t really add any stats to your build, unlike what you are suggesting. I like the idea of this but I think you need to rethink it a little bit, have it be something outside of the gem secondary realm.

ok cool

hm… while this would be nice to add, energy regen alr happens at first awakening and it would kinda lose the function of charging

man i need a raise. in level cap.

Energy regen jewels are already in the game

1 Like

can we just remove AP and resistance entirely (or somehow merge resistance into huge defense investments) and then keep Regen as is :smiley:

5 Likes

huh. I did not realize that. well sorry for the unnecessary criticism

no rock paper scissors, just scissors >:D

I would like to just remove them altogether, lots of different stats makes the game too complex and I think just having the six core stats (power, defense, attack speed, attack size, agility, intensity, ) would keep the game simple but still have the complexity for people to keep on playing it. I would also like for warding, insanity, and drawback to be kept as well.

I believe it would be a tad bit op

i wouldnt turn them into secondary stats as honestly, secondary stat feel more like “convinience” or “very small” effects - climbing speeds, swim speed, breathing , even the energy regen is minor- it does give a noticeable effect, but not big enough to directly dictate a fight

Turning the new stats into substat jewels is a huge change, which i believe would impact the game negatively, their effects in combat would be too noticeable- even if you tune down the numbers - simply because of the nature of what they do

no obviously these wouldnt be as strong as they are now

are you gonna sit here and tell me swim speed is a convenience and not fight defining? I think the real problem is secondary stats like climbing speed being worthless.

Thing is that energy regen does make a difference imo. When I play on a new file with no gems post-awakening, the energy regen does feel a bit shorter. I think it does help with getting away with things that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to do.

Because of this, I feel like this suggestion depends on what you think the secondary jewel effects should be: convenience or niche substat effects? Most of them are seemingly convenience like swim speed and air capacity making diving spots cheaper (potion-wise). There’s also some worthless ones like climb speed and knockback (it’s not used outside of meme builds). But then there’s energy regen and blocking power which are the odd ones out as they are actually significant (the latter one previously so).

The new substats are fine as gem effects, but if they don’t mechanically fit then I think they just need some changes to be fine as normal stats. But I won’t talk about my opinions on that here… not yet?

but aint that just atk size/destruction?

attack size and destruction are different things

“dealt more damage through blocks”
so as in: deals more damage to terrain or through terrain?

blocking

Mb then