The arcane odyssey cycle

it looks different for everyone. here is mine.

18 Likes

i am currently at the “make a new file” stage

Whenever im bored, im either making files

Or playing TF2 / Gmod… :sob:

Ao is peak

I genuinly like pvp,pve and chatting with people on the game

This cycle is true, but somehow… This game has not not lost its charm yet… for 1300 hours for me… I cycle between grinder and burniut…

i can never get bored of arcane odyssey (litterally)

if i get bored i just roleplay with friends
then when im bored of roleplaying i just play ao

Lmao. This cycle is truly accurate.

mine is
update releases, grind files
update seems old, keep playing with friends occasionally
keep grinding to minmax (upgrade gear and such)
make new files if bored
“man im gonna play ultrakill”

I just finished that, ended my fire basic in only 6 hours smh

I just farm a bunch of bronze/nimbus chests and then sell or fish

I guess everyone’s got their own little AO cycle. As for me, it probably goes something like…

1. New AO update releases! PVE demoning time! (this can be interchanged with loop 4, either it’s a new meta or a new update that would convince me to PVE)

2. PVE demoning is fruitless, never getting anything I want from luck parties or dark sea runs. Slowly go back to PVP.

3. Eventually start playing the game just for the combat once again.

4. New meta pops up coming with new update. Born to PVP, forced to PVE.

5. Attempt dark sea to catch up with meta

6. Quit dark sea after dying over and over again because vetex thought it’d be great idea to have anti-player events occur at just the right time. The right time being when I’m at 300 HP after getting jumped by two level 200 atlanteans. Usually it’s a lightning bolt or water poisoning. But what really knocks the motivation to PVE out of me is dying to a glitch.

7. “This game is so horrible. Seriously. How did this get through testing? Item Asylum it is.”

8. Quit the game for a while

9. Come back because playing Arcane Odyssey is like having an abusive relationship

10. PVP demon time, swapping gear between alt files and just ganking everyone I see. Motivation brews within me as I stand atop a mountain of dead PVE demon corpses.

11. Overcome the meta, game is fun again.

1 Like

the cycle
-ao update drops
-play it
-drop the game after doing the content :fire:

11 step cycle that im too lazy to simplify, go!

remember when AO had 75,000 concurrent players? man.

wydm that shit never happened (to my knowledge with faulty memory)

must have been a fever dream

hop on item asylum only to find everything has 0 cooldown and there are armies of deployable Joel’s

this is a pretty wild over exaggeration, surprisingly item asylum is more balanced than AO for the kind of game item asylum is supposed to be

or maybe i’m just on too much columbian right now and i actually just crashed into a hospital riding a stolen pizza delivery motorcycle carrying twelve thousand rigged rats ready to explode in the back compartment

boot up AO
something happens
“this game is ass”
quit AO
come back after 2 days
“its like an addiction…”
play for 3 hours
“this game is ass”
quit AO
go play Ultrakill/SS13/any type moon games
come back after 1 week
“this game is ass”