💠 The Arcanuntium - A New News

The New News is here :mariomug: ! (no really)

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: The Arcanuntium
“a source trusted by all” – No one
Written by thebikerdude2 on Apr 26, 2022

Remember that forumer named Cryo? Neither do I :skull: . Hang on… There might be a faint thought left behind?

Oh no :scream:! It looks as if our old friend is too busy playing testing Arcane Odyssey :frcryin: and doesnt have the time to make news anchors. I have chosen myself to continue this epic :+1: news feed :poggers2: to update everyone on recent patch notes!
(I’ll try to keep a consistent upload schedule every week but who knows)
Starting off with:

v1.9.3

Anyone up for mushroom stew :mushroom: :stew:? Reminds me of some sort of cave game… :thinking: Other than that, we have a new island! Vacationing spot anyone :palm_tree:?

Version 1.9.3 + 0.0.1 is kinda dry… Unlike what it adds! :ocean: :ocean: Now you can listen to that background music a bit clearer when near rough seas :loud_sound: !

Again with the sounds :headphones:, footstep noises on metal was reverted. (i wonder what the new ones sounded like :eyes:) As said for the vacationing spot :tropical_drink:, you might need to solve a puzzle to get inside! :sweat_smile: Looks like that water magic will really come in handy :water_magic_var1:! As for the giant mushrooms, the holding position was changed :ok_hand:, maybe you held it on your head before :nod:! And hey, there could be a second vacationing spot, built :hammer: by VersionZilla!

The island was finished (hopefully some nice views :evergreen_tree: :tulip:) and there can be GRAPES!!! :grapes: :poggerfish:
The repair hammer can be upgraded now :gold_magic_var1: and the bronze version fixes your ship TWICE as fast! :x: :clock2: At this rate, we can even build another ship! :man_rowing_boat:

Vetex really wants us to go on a vacation, huh? :watermelon: :melon: We don’t have to build our own islands after all! :desert_island: The Roblox update that threw away so much ‘copyrighted’ audio :angry: :facepunch: deleted one of Vet’s :lightning_magic_var1: prized soundtracks :frhigh:, which had to be replaced. And we now have green apples :green_apple: that spawn on the new island!

The bugs are rising :grimacing:, but the same can be said for our FPS as lanterns :izakaya_lantern: are thrown into the ocean when they cause performance issues. Another change (could it be a Roblox update? :thinking:) caused sea creatures to deal higher damage to ships. :100: Vetex successfully squashed the pest :beetle: in no time :+1: !

Another vacationing spot, so many to choose from now! :face_with_spiral_eyes: Pumpkins can grow :jack_o_lantern: on it and we can make tons of pie :pie: :moon_cake:! What if we add giant greencaps to the meal :mariomug:? We’ll find out in a few months…

Starting off with magic changes, Pillars deal the same damage as shockwaves :barber: due to the testers (could’ve been our friend Cryo :poggers2:) reporting that the aerial hitbox :airplane: was huge, and our man himself stating that “it was too op in AO”.
Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 8.31.37 PM
He has again gone through the pains of editing already written code :flushed: to give us the best possible experience (hopefully my brother’s 10 fps on wom computer can handle it :hungry:) and even added a new setting for screen shaking. :exploding_head:
v1.9.10 also had a ton of bug fixes, which I’m not putting here :pensive: because im lazy :yawning_face:.
Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 8.36.28 PM
:hedgehog:

A quest in Palo Town, where could it lead? :thinking: More optimizations, can’t wait to get 100+ FPS on this top-tier game :100: :mantelpiece_clock: !

Skipping over to version 1.9.14 :fr: we see many new chests :toolbox: added to the game! :poggerfish: There are food chests, potion chests, weapon chests, you name it , it’s there :ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:!

Wooden bridges don’t seem that safe :warning: :chart_with_downwards_trend: … Until now, since they have less of a chance to break your legs :adhesive_bandage: when stepping on them!

For those less grindy players (how could you play other games :roll_eyes:), the leather sets and weapon skill level requirements :level_slider: have been turned down :arrow_down: :arrow_down: by quite a lot! GL to those magic mains :magic_wand: :crystal_magic_var2: trying to fight a weapons user :crossed_swords:.

Regular chests :person_shrugging: are more common now, and some textures have been added :scroll: and changed.

Gauntlets??? :fist: :boxing_glove: Martial Artists??? :martial_arts_uniform: We could be seeing fighting styles sooner than we think! :poggerfish: (due to the current trello updates it’s very unlikely :pensive: ) At least we got those new textures on the sunken armor :hungry:! Gimme that blue chainmail :blue_square: :tongue:

A lot of new accessories in 1.18 (by that 1.9.18 not minecraft :negative_squared_cross_mark: :frowning_face: ), and fish bait can be obtained from chests again :fish: :fishing_pole_and_fish: !
Here’s a pic showing the new accessories in action:
Pretty stylish :person_in_tuxedo: right?

For those 1st generation :1st_place_medal: players for AA, treasure charts are back :world_map: and better than ever! :+1: :nod:

Here we can see plenty about how they work :face_with_monocle: .
It is very different from other games (Sea of Thieves for example :ocean:) and only require you to dig around in a general area.

Getting close to the current era, the wooden shovel now give galleons :coin: when you dig in a flat area! Time to go money-hunting :chart_with_upwards_trend: !

In v1.9.24 we can now dig up chests :pick: from treasure charts! It now gives notifications :bell: displaying how much treasure is remaining. :poggerfish:

Scroll chest rate have gone down (wouldn’t want everyone getting free power :sparkles: scrolls) and new game stats have been added! Sadly, you can no longer get treasure charts :coin: from chests until level 20 :fr: . No more early sealed chests :cry: !
There are now more shovels :spades: that can dig chests faster! Wouldn’t want those pirates :pirate_flag: :parrot: to take the treasure :crossed_swords: would you?
4 Wilderness islands have been given names :name_badge: and some dialog has been changed to fit them :+1: .
A suggestion by the one and only, harsh weather clouds :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: now spawn rough seas under them! Rowboat mains :rowing_man: better watch out for those thunderstorms :lightning_magic_var2: !

Up next, more optimizations! :poggers2: :nod: The detailing of grass and pebbles are optimized so your game doesn’t crash (like the stocks rn :hungry: :chart_with_downwards_trend: ) when you respawn. Also, you cannot place campsites on ponds anymore. :( as stated by me,
water

Switching over to Vetex’s twitter, (follow him @_vetex btw) we see a few nice images of AO scenery :mount_fuji: :cricket: and ships. :sailboat:

In the first image, two whirlpools :tornado: spawned next to each other :two_men_holding_hands: and created a great photo shoot :camera_flash: !
In the second :2nd_place_medal: image, a pirate ship with the name The Pillaging Plague :poison_magic_var1: with the title Fortified Pirate Caravel is seen cruising :passenger_ship: through the ocean waves :ocean:. A quite armored opponent, if you ask me :hungry: !
In the next pic :framed_picture: we can’t see anything :face_with_raised_eyebrow: because of the fog! Everything covered with a green mist… Oooh, scary :fearful:.
Lastly, we spot our lord :lightning_magic_var1: holding what looks like a pie :pie: with some chocolate :chocolate_bar: in it. Look at those meals! :stew: What a great cook! :hugs:

Up next, quite a few bug :bug: fixes. Lost cargo :package: now has a pretty high chance of giving treasure charts :world_map: , and also a guaranteed random item when salvaged :pick: . Get those inventories :school_satchel: ready!
Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 4.04.06 PM
In version 1.9.28 (the numbers are building again :thinking: ), DATES!!! No, not that kind of date :people_holding_hands: . Not that kind, either :mango: . Calendar dates :date: are in the storyline events now! You can accurately say when you took out that boss :+1:! Tornado :tornado: visuals also have been improved! :eyes:

Getting close to the end now! :five: new quests have been added to Cirrus :cloud: island, and enchantment scrolls are a bit harder :chart_with_downwards_trend: to get. The last quest :person_fencing: :crossed_swords: hasn’t been finished yet, looking forwards to that! :nod:

In the most recent patch notes, :hourglass_flowing_sand: some enemies are able to dodge, :dash: parry, :shield: and block! (block parry dodge?) Good luck to those slow magic users :frpensive:. Enemies also can predict your moves better, :game_die: so be wary of them! The 5th quest :question: has been finished, and shaped blasts/explosions :explosion_magic: can now be unlocked at level 110 (for full mages)!!! :poggerfish: Time for that triangular water :triangular_ruler: :water_magic_var1: !

Lastly, here are some leaks posted by @Rayman_Axel in Reminders from the general discord.
There are many opinions on what that ball :balloon: in the first image is, some even say it could be a meteor! :comet: What do you think it is?

That’ll be all for today, hopefully posting again next week! Cya all (and wish Cryo a good time playing testing Arcane Odyssey!) :wave:

(note: i dont have the iq to do everything that Cryo does in his posts so you’ll have to keep with what i can do lmao :fr: )

5 Likes

this is all I saw:

HELLO :ok_hand: GUYS :joy: THIS :slightly_smiling_face: IS :face_vomiting: THE :water_magic_var1: NEWS :skull_and_crossbones: AND :scream_cat: WE :hear_no_evil: HAVE :boom: SOMETHING :bomb: COOL :man_facepalming: TO :poggers2: TELL :frcryin: YOU :wind_magic_var3: SO :shadow_magic: BASICALLY :mariomug: VETEX :robot: ADDED :poop: UR :alien: MOM :ghost: IN :clown_face: THE :smile_cat: GAME :exploding_head: XD :yellow_heart: :japanese_ogre: :heart_eyes_cat: :kiss: :two_hearts: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :skull: :imp: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue: :yum: :crazy_face: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :shushing_face: :thinking:

5 Likes

@Cryonical roasted

I’m still counting the emojis

2 Likes

@Maple new content
https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1519099709855608836

gotta wait until next week :hungry:

:rage:
Fine

Did you intentionally use the same emoji as the Arcane Lily or is that a coincidence

oh wait what
coincidence lmao
the arcane lily is even in my bookmarks how did i not notice that :skull:
Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 5.14.00 PM

1 Like

That is the funniest thing ever

:frcryin:

Reduced to atoms

Tbh i’ll wait for fighting styles, ketch sounds cooler

every time vetex makes a new ship he also has to make new models for certain ship parts, which probably won’t be too bad depending on how many different models there actually are for things like hulls

Before I even got to the replies I counted up

164 individual emojis used
Maybe tone down the emojis, not the entirety of TOF’s style was defined by the emojis. But it’s still great to see the torch being passed on.

3 Likes

164 emojis

:sleeper:

(Please continue this)

You need to up your ante my guy :frhigh:

4 Likes

:wink: i gotchu :+1:

Not my news source :frmad:

Mmmm odyssey feed electric bogaloo 2
also

Starting off with magic changes, Pillars deal the same damage as shockaves :barber:

Ah yes shockaves.