The Armless Serpent

“Were you waiting for me?”
Ire said, his scaly body covered in sweat with the only thing on his mind being any type of liquid that can replenish his dried throat.
“No. You came in time, I was expecting you to come later but your speed surprised me.”
Said Malari, As she looked across the bridge, seeing the line of men who have been worked to the bone and are all at the peak of their exhaustion.

“I would like to commend you for taking duty after us while Isaac is away”
Ire said, reassuring his trust in malari as a leader

“It’s the least could do, the heretics were all waiting for the day that Isaac left. We’ll need to prepare as soon as possible”
Malari said, getting her rapier out to spar with Ire.
“Remember that balance is key. Falling for a moment can lead to your head coming clean off your shoulders… like your arms”
Malari reminded Ire.

And so the spar commenced.

They danced along the waves of grass dealing destructive blows to their surroundings.

Soon enough they could no longer be seen by the naked eye, and the ground started to rise with them.

45 minutes pass and Neither of them have made the other gasp for air. Malari trying not to go all out, puts her rapier down. Resorting to fists, Ire begins to believe he might be able to get an advantage now.

Ire, in an attempt to make Malari put up her guard used his dragons breath. Only to get his mouth locked in by a single kick.

But Ire was persistent, and with a single glare.

Fire came straight out of his eyes.

Fortunately this resulted in no injuries as he is unable to be harmed by his own fire.

Malari however dodged the fire and slammed her fist into Ire’s gut, breaking his focus and making him cough up blood.

With the fight appearing settled Malari looked down at Ire with a look of frustration.

“I expected better from you”
Malari said, assuming Ire had given up.

“You were right to expect better from me”
Ire replied. As his afterimage turned into flames

Malari had no time to react, the next thing she saw was her getting sent flying as she gets thrown by Ire’s trump card. Devils Tail.

When the dust cleared, Malari wasn’t sad, or mad, but instead looked at Ire like a child would at a toy.

“To say I’m impressed would be an understatement. You surprised me today.”
Malari exclaimed, filled with joy knowing that even a man with no arms is still strong enough to put a dent in her.

“I think it’s about time we’ve truly made you a knight. When you come tomorrow we’ll be ready to take you to the lords throne. Go get some rest.”
Malari said placing a barrel of water in a wagon towards ire.

“Thank you so much ma’am! I’ll be sure to get here in due time. I promise I won’t fail you!”
Replied Ire, Overjoyed by the grand news.

He bites onto the handle of the wagon and begins his run back home.

“So I’m assuming training went well?”
Batarie Questioned, Intrigued by the excitement traded between the two.

“Indeed it did batarie, I have high hopes that we’ll be able to triumph that tyrant ogr once and for all.”
Malari answered, ready to get back to the other knights and resume training with them.

“We’ll I’ll hold you to your words. I haven’t seen anyone follow ogr so far anyways”
Batarie said, confidentially reassuring an inevitable victory.

Got bored and wrote this

4 Likes

cool
also doesnt it go into writing

1 Like