⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Development Explosion!

Navigator
2022-11-05T18:50:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Unholy Insurgency
Composed by DM Dokuro

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! It’s been a while since last anchor, so time to get our grind on :muscle:… let’s do this!

A bit of an anticlimactic version here, with the only change being a single story part; Through the Land of Bronze! Still though, some more story progress is always great :nod:!

Version 1.9.197 ups the ante by adding 4 new story parts :chart_with_upwards_trend:. High Alert, People of Rubica, A Second Announcement, and Return to Sir Gaius. Some pretty interesting names and implications… see if you can piece together anything :eyes:!

This version is better yet. The counterpart to Commodore Kai for the Assassin Syndicate has been added, who can be found in the Bronze Sea’s Assassin Syndicate Base, the Red Corner :face_with_monocle:.

Their name is Architect Merlot, the Waltz of Death, and they have a ⅕ chance to drop one of two unique weapons; the Silent Blades, an claw weapon (Interesting :thinking:), and Sanguine, a dagger… Defeating both him and Kai 10 times each on average would yield all the weapons they have to offer :moneybag:, and both have their drops starting at Level 50 and can be upgraded to Level 150, so there’s definitely many similarities. Exciting stuff!

Next, we have two more story parts, bringing the total up to 76: To The South, and Vantage Point. Hoping for some great views :eye:! Lastly for this great version, we have some improvements to the bobbing while walking; it seemingly scales with Agility much more smoothly now, and the Screenshake option in settings will affect it, meaning any players who could possibly get motion sickness from it can turn it off :poggers2:!

This version is absolutely incredible, with a ton of interesting changes! First of all, Level 80+ NPCs can have random enchantments on their equipped items, which can definitely make quite a difference during PVE :boom:!

We have a good change to handcuffs; you can only free someone from them if you’re very close, so there’s less cheesing :cheese_wedge: of the whole execution stopping process. Additionally, a swimming revamp has been put in place :ocean:! There’s 3 different directions (I’m assuming forward, up, and down) depending on your camera direction. Absolutely makes taking a dip in shark infested waters just that much more fun :ok_hand:!

Speaking of water, standing on a ship will cause your camera to slightly sway as a part of the screenshake effect :nod:. Another great immersion feature!

Level 77 of the story has been added, Tiberia’s Hope. The max level has been increased to 91 as well :chart_with_upwards_trend:, presumably to match the recommended level of this new story part. Cool stuff :cold_face:!

Behold… :drum: Version 1.10, in all it’s glory! Quite a large version, if I do say so myself.

The very first change on this list is a much needed size increase of the ammo selection on bows, guns, and cannon fist :chart_with_upwards_trend:. Before, scrolling would end up with you skipping certain ammo types entirely, so it’s good that this has received a change. Interesting that ship cannons aren’t included on this list, so either they were forgotten or that UI was already larger :thinking:.

Next, magma and ice platforms no longer form in freshwater like lakes and fountains, probably due to issues like platforms sliding across solid ground :sleeper:. Quite sad but definitely will help to prevent some bugs.

Next, some combat adjustments. Piercing Shot’s description has been changed and there are a wide variety of damage changes and skill changes which I won’t cover individually, as I do indeed like to do things besides typing on a chromebook :mariomug:. There have been some visual changes too, these being upgrades to boat trail, wave, and whirlpool particles. Storms look tenfold better now :zap:!

Lastly, an addition to the Story UI, which now lets you view previous story parts :eyes:. Interestingly, this was listed as quite a larger addition in the trello, so it’s great to see it completed. Will be nice to be able to go through all the things you’ve done :nod:!

First for this version, we have some cool animation additions :fire:… Diving forwards into a water source will now play a diving animation, which allows you to comically swan-dive directly into the mouth of a white eyes :shark:! Additionally, you automatically climb up small ledges while sprinting, which makes navigating certain terrain much more easy.

The final change we’ll be reviewing today is the new Gunpowder Barrel :bomb:, which can be found on every island in various locations :eye:. They can be detonated in some way, presumably by attacking them, which will also set off consecutive barrels :chains:. They are found on any island (a new one spawns every 5 minutes) and can be picked up and placed down like cargo and sealed chests, and their main use is to be sold to shipwrights, similar to cargo, assuming they sell for much more money. This is high risk and high reward, as your boat can get blown up by one malicious attack :boom:, and they’re somewhat more difficult to obtain.

However, there’s probably a few other ways to use this. Maybe as a wall breaker, or maybe drop it on your enemies from above (somehow :fr:)? And attack them. The first use is of course it’s main one, though, and it sounds like a really hilarious feature :pray:.

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Forumer powerscaling evolution
Posted by @DubiousLittleTyp0

Though power scaling can be very flawed at many times as it doesn’t take the situation into account or really much of anything :fr:, but it’s still definitely pretty fun to compare the powers and feats of your OCs at different stages in their story :+1:. I myself have quite a few characters, but I’m currently trying to integrate the story more into actual events so I’m not too solid with this stuff at the moment. How about you, though :mag_right:?

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Totally Accurate Arcane: Halloween Special
Created by @Tobi

As you might have noticed, there’s no comic in the image above, this is instead one of the wallpapers :eyes:… as the comic itself is 7 images long and you would therefore spend half your lifespan scrolling through this section, which I don’t find optimal :sleeper:. However, I would say even if that wasn’t an exaggeration it would be worth the read… A super funny comic full of cosplays, dubious substances, and wacky halloween logic :ghost:!

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

The Armless Serpent
Written by @HermTheGrinch

HermProtege makes their debut on the writing section (After apparently being very bored :sleeper: with this extremely unique narrative, throwing you into a world brimming with cool characters, interesting locations, and many mysterious gone unexplained. Though short, it does a great job of giving you a glimpse into a different world in a way that feels fulfilling :ok_hand:. Great jobs with this!

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @ClashMaster273! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Heddgy”!

You Open The Scroll…

“___ of Death”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
Kaboom :boom:!
17 Likes

hi

1 Like

:wave:

NO I WAS NEARLY FIST MY REPLY WAD GLITCHED

:saluting_face:

1 Like

I know at least the answer isn’t me since an Edgegod can’t die

2 Likes

So that’s a clue

1 Like

Isn’t there a story part called Brink of Death or smt ?

2 Likes

:sleeper:

W H Y?

J U S T

W H Y

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not that though lol.

:saluting_face::frcryin:

1 Like

bringer? edge?

1 Like

Ice Deity of Death ?

1 Like

Nope! I thought this would be an easier one.

1 Like

Art of Death? It kind of reminds me of the old naming scheme for a few primordial/lost magics when WOM was gonna be a fairy tale inspired game.

2 Likes

architect merlot, waltz of death

u all should read the actual feed instead of answering right away (i see what you did there cryo)

3 Likes

I read it :fr: i just stupid

1 Like

now record it and leak

Got it! :clap:

Skyships maybe.

What Kaboomed?

Greatest newspaper article of all time.

1 Like