The Devil’s Swordsman | Part 11

The Devil’s Swordsman - Part 11

A World of Magic Story

< Part 10

One of the soldiers opened the gate of one of the cells, then motioning the guards to release Dragomir into the cell. As the gate closed behind him, he turned his head to see the guard lock the gate with a large set of keys.

“Good luck Cutlass, you’re gonna need it! I hear you may just be getting execution.” The guards then walked off towards the stairwell as their voices disappeared from ear view. As Dragomir turned forward, he saw a man laying in the corner of the room, looking out through the bars that confided them. The man then looked up.

He had a full set of black, curly hair and his right eye was covered with an eye patch. Though he had one eye, his stares were fearful and menacing.

“Cutlass, I assume.”

A confused look arose on Dragomir’s face. “How do you know my name?”

“A lot of people live in a lot of places and a lot of those people know a lot of things and a lot of those things involve a lot about you. In short, you’re famous.”

“I suppose so…” The swordsman than sat himself on a stone ledge that hung from chains connected to the stone walls.

“You know, a lot of people from the underground know all about you. We know a lot about so many people it’s gets to turn quite the headache!”

“What do you mean, we?”

“Oh, well that Dark Arts Society of course!”

“Never heard of it.”

“Huh, it’s strange how some criminals aren’t aware of the group, but it is a common occurrence so I can’t blame em’!”

“What exactly is this Dark Arts Society?”

“Since you don’t know it, there’s no reason to tell ya! Our mission is a long story.” Dragomir then thought of a question to ask the man.

“Hey, do you know anyone by the name of ‘The Devil’?”

“AH, AH, AH, AH, AH! Don’t bring up that name in front of me! Someone on such a high caliber doesn’t deserve to be talked about by a man like me. That man’s a legend! What makes you so curious about him?”

“Well, it’s kind of a long story. In short, I was made to do this assassination mission by him but was unable to in the end.”

“What! Well you’re in big trouble now! You have no idea the severity of the situation now!” Dragomir then became scared as he rose from his seat.

“How severe?!”

“The Devil doesn’t play when it comes to dealings. There’s a reason why he’s called the devil ya know!” The man then got up from his rest as he continued to look upon the outside world. He seemed to be in a daze as he stared off into the distance.

“Sit down, cause this is quite the story.”

Edit: Part 12 is Hereeeeeeeee!!!

4 Likes

Make the stories longer. But nice job as always!