The Devil’s Swordsman | Part 4

The Devil’s Swordsman - Part 4
A World of Magic Story

“It’s the Magic Council, just leave em’ behind!” The bandits then ran way from the blasts, leaving their comrades on the ground and in pain. As the bandits then turned towards the mysterious figure, the figure decided to run away from the Magic Council as well.

“Danny, Sammy, where are you?!” The mysterious figure yelled out. Over his voice, screams and attacks were heard all throughout the town. When the figure had arrived at the dock, he found both teenagers hiding behind a group of barrels.

“I have to get out of here so that I’m not seen, do you know where your parents are?”

Sammy responded with, “We have no parents. We did live with our aunt, but she left us here in this town and abandoned us.”

“I’m sorry to hear that…” the figure then started to look down at the ground, but then looked back up at the two. “Do you have any other relatives?”

“Sammy doesn’t know them, but I do. Our grandparents live all the way at Summer Hold.” Danny replied.

“Good, that’s just where I was heading after here, but it seems as though I don’t have the chance to do what I was going to do now. Let’s go.”

By the time their conversation was over, the Magic Council was all over the square, as well as the bandits too. It seemed that a huge war was going on. As the mysterious figure lead the way, they all went through a series of alleyways and small paths, trying to escape the conflict.

As they got into another alleyway, a soldier was seen facing the other direction away from them, fighting a pair of bandits. They all quietly walked backwards and looked for another way out of the town.

“There, a hoard of people are escaping through the exit! Maybe we could go through there?” Danny whispered.

“It may be risky for me, but there seems to be enough people to not be noticed.” The figure then lead the way towards the front entrance of Ironport.

“Hey mister, now that I think of it, why are you still wearing your hood and trying to avoid the Council?” Sammy asked. The man didn’t answer and ignored her question.

After around a minute later, they had all successfully escaped Ironport and stopped next to a group of people who were trying to catch their breath.

“Wow that was scary.” One woman said.

“Those devilish bandits are always causing trouble, I’m sick of it!” An elderly man yelled out.

“Is everyone okay?” The figure asked Danny and Sammy.

“Yeah I’m okay, but a little terrified. Also I don’t think you heard me earlier when I said-” Sammy was then cut off.

“Hurry, let’s head up to Summer Hold. I don’t want to be babysitting two teenagers.” The figure then started to pull something out of the left pocket of his hood.

“Here take this, it should help your stomachs for a while in case you two are hungry. He had given the two a leather bag full of cooked meat. They all then sat down next to a tree and ate the meat, still pondering at what just happened.

Later On That Day…

Steps could be heard walking down towards a group of captured bandits next to a shop. The rubble could be heard clashing with footsteps, becoming louder and louder with each step.

“So… what’s the report.”

A Magic Council Soldier then responded, “Today, bandits from all of the major bandit groups attacked Ironport today. None of them would explain to us why they did this, sir.”

“Oh really now…” A long pause then commenced. The man that was talking then looked towards one of the bandits. “You, tell me why you and your bandit friends did this to a town such as this? There must be a reason for such a commotion?”

“I’ll never tell you. You and the rest of the council can all go kill yourselves!”

The man then laughed. “Feisty aren’t you, I appreciate such loyalty to such a cause. Though, a cause that’s so meaningless to society has no worth existing. Would the rest of you like to explain what happened here today?” None of the bandits answered.

“Put this man back with the others.”

“Yes Captain Rust!” The soldier then dragged the bandit so that all of the bandits in the group were all together.

“I’m finished here…” the Magic Council Captain then begun to walk away. “Oh, but one more thing.” The Captain then summoned his magic circle, spitting out a burst of green acid. All of the bandits then began to scream as they all burned alive from the scorching acid all over their bodies.

“There, that should do it.” As the captain walked away, the soldiers stood there in shock at what just happened while the bandits still screamed and cried as they were scorched alive. A smile was then shown on the captain’s face.

Edit: Part 5 is right here! Sorry it took longer than usual to make!

2 Likes

Can I have a cameo pls