The Five Worlds Chapter 7: The Start of a Journey

More Information: The Five Worlds Information
Late by one day.

Hawk was running. Swaths of the city were covered in ice from the Great Dragon’s fury. MAny
people were dead and getting through the markets was nigh impossible because of all the frozen statues. some people weren’t completely frozen or were screaming in pain. Hawk wanted to help, she knew they would still hate her, but she couldn’t do anything. Occasionally on her way she’d claw open home doors covered in ice with people screaming for help inside. Many times the people she saved screamed and ran back into the house when they saw her. Occasionally they would say thank you. Either way, Hawk continued on through alleyways and uncrowded areas of frozen statues. Once she had been running, hearing screams and the tremendous roar of the dragon locked in battle when the giant Eagle, that Ethereal had as a pet, went flying past her destroying buildings and evidently was already dead.

After Hawk exited the city she continued running but at a slower pace to catch her breath. Reaching the oak Hawk called home she noticed a wide expanse of ice on the ground nearby. Some of the oak’s branches were frozen but otherwise the tree was unharmed by the dragon’s rage. “Thank you!” Hawk yelled to the sky. She knew for a fact it had nothing to do with the gods she met.

Hawk began by getting all the items she stashed in the tree. Hawk was going to have to move. Somewhere far away from the dragon and this city. Hawk couldn’t help but talk to herself, “Why was I left to live?” Inquired Hawk, “There were good people in that city, now there is nothing but a frozen wasteland of statues.” Hawk tossed a cloak over her back and the hood over her ears, then she put the backpack on and sheathed some daggers in her boots and grasped her most prized possession, a blue/black teardrop necklace. Hawk was leaving her old home behind, she would always remember it, and the stars that shone above it at night.

Right before she left a loud bark rang out behind her. Expecting an enemy or another she whirled around to throw one of her daggers before noticing the bloodhound. One of its back legs and the tip of its tail were frozen, but Hawk recognized it as Alexander’s. “Oh, I wondered what happened to you. Sorry I killed Alexander,” Hawk said to the dog as it limped over. Hawk was tense and waiting to see what it would do when it just nuzzled her and gave a happy yip. “At least I’ll have company on my journey to another city,” Hawk said to the large dog, the bloodhound was about half as tall as her, while scratching it behind the ears careful to shealth her claws. “What shall I call you?”

Hawk didn’t bother with a chain like Alexander did. If the dog left she wouldn’t mind, and if it stayed there was one more mouth to feed, at least it could smell better than she could. Hawk put a brace on the dog’s leg before the two of them set off away from the city and into the unknown mountains. A single thought kept circling her mind as she walked along, Why did the Great Dragon attack a city? The dragon had never attacked entire cities before and seemed as if it was trying to seclude itself in the mountains as much as it could.

That night, Hawk setup snares and then curled around a fire to sleep. She was going to amputate the dog’s frozen leg in the morning. The next morning came faster than she would’ve liked. First she checked the snares and was pleased to find a two rabbits. She gutted them and gave the entrails to the dog, she then began cooking the rest of the rabbits. While they were cooking and the dog was enjoying its meal, Hawk pounced onto the dog. The dog startled but Hawk was heavy enough to hold it down while she did the grizzly work. The leg was frozen solid and was weighing the dog down, because of that it was slowing their progress. HAwk hacked away at it and the dog gave up resisting to watch, it felt no pain from the procedure. When hawk finished she threw the leg into some bushes and gave the dog one of her rabbits.

The rest of the day and the next day were uneventful, Hawk was able to move at a normal pace with the dog following behind. They only ever stopped to grab water from a creek and to eat. The fourth day of their journey was much more eventful. Most of the day a strong wind blew from behind chilling Hawk and also the dog, Hawk cursed under her breath about only bringing her cloak. Then the first snowflake fell and they both knew they were in trouble. A blizzard was quickly forming. Hawk picked up a couple of sticks and branches from pine trees while they ran, if they could find a cave and start a fire, they could hide out the blizzard. Fate seemed to still be on Hawk’s side and she noticed a small cave entrance on the side of a hill. “Come here Rust!” Yelled Hawk while running towards the cave. Rust quickly caught up and they both huddled inside the cave looking out at the raging storm.

Hawk began a fire to warm up while rust curled up next to it whining. “I know boy, blizzards are scary,” Hawk stated, looking out and wishing she was in her sturdy oak for the first time on that journey. Then a whirring sound seemed to fill the back of the cave. Hawk spun around to see what seemed to be a bright white orb taller than she was tall. Then the orb vanished leaving two befuddled creatures in its place.

3 Likes

All I gotta say is that this story is so fucking cool.

All I have to say is

Yes

the five nights at freddy’s

cool story

:skull:

not today

Reread it and while it is still really good, it could use more description. Show don’t tell. Ik I say this a lot, but it is a pretty important part of any story. If you want tips then look them up online, a lot of articles about showing rather then telling

oki