The MC isn't actually the decendent of a god (maybe)

On the loredoc it says that to use spirit energy, you have to be the decendent of a god, unless you use spirit weapons
The MC uses spirit weapons
I rest my case.

But hey, that was just a theory, an ARCANE ODYSSEY LORE THEORY
(seriously though, what happend to Matpat)

This is wrong because of spirit imbuements. You have the choice between eagle patrimony (the only spirit weapon right now), and plain spirit energy, which is the kind of spirit energy that only descendants of gods can use. It’s an understandable mistake since you can’t use spirit energy on its own without a spirit weapon.

:wilted_flower: this mf didnt see the retirement annoucement video

1 Like

The New Greeks who were planned to be in WOM at some point are descendants of gods and can “Cast magic without magic circles”.
I believe the player just doesn’t know how.

A rough translation for your starter weapon known to be significant to you being “From Your Dad Zeus” if you stretch it, and Poseidon and Calvus going on and on about how special your bloodline is, seems like there’s more evidence towards it considering that the working anti-theory is just “he don’t know how to”

I will disagree with @IssuesAreMinor because everybody has spirit energy, and Vitality is a way of training spirit energy, therefore it only makes sense that you can at the very least imbue it.

The lore doc specifically says that spirit energy “cannot be directly controlled by humans”. That basically says that you need spirit weapons to use spirit energy in any way unless you’re a demigod, at least with how I processed it.

I’m pretty sure WoM and mostly everything related to it is retconned.

Ehh, it’s still under the same functions of the world.
As for the first one, idk man, Spirit Energy changed a lot in recent years.

Did spirit energy exist before AO? I would appreciate some context if you have any.

Okay, recent months.

Thanks for clarifying.

My point still stands, though. The information was from the lore doc as of today.

Again, I have no idea.

I’ll add a screenshot for reference.

Well shit man, how do they do it then?

Who? The player or other spirit weapon users?

Well I get spirit weapons, but anybody using Spirit Imbuement.

All other vitality users have to use spirit weapons or they’re just users of their other stat (if they have one).

It cannot possibly be that easy man :frowning: There’s no way the demigod status is as simple as that

It also ruins the player being supposed to be just as capable as anybody without a sea curse or their skill gift that the Order is after.

Did you see how they got their ass beat by Julian? The player still has to develop, and the story isn’t anywhere near finished.

Their godly bloodline is made completely obvious if they can literally do something only a relative of a god can do.
If nobody else can do that, it gives them a huge special ability.
And it’s not even a cool one, it’s just worse Spirit Weapon imbue

I think that the player will end up proving that they aren’t reliant on their godly ancestry later on, but we don’t really know much yet, so I think we should just wait (10 god damn years if we’re lucky), and see what happens.

Off topic but imagine if we had something chaos related too