⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ 2nd Set of Weapon Skills Complete!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Monday, November 8, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Listen While You Read!

ASGORE
By Toby Fox

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
ASGORE - YouTube

:scroll:

Development News!

Welcome to another anchor of the Odyssey Feed! This time, we have a ton of information to cover! Well, at least in comparison to the last anchor… Jeez :frhigh:! We’ll have weapon skills and other changes galore! Let’s get started :nod:.

First of all, remember all the weapon skills from the last few anchors? We actually have a new leak showing off a few islands and Skull Crusher, the second weapon skill for Heavy Blunt weapons :eyes:.

Reminders for AO - #3050 by Inferno

Can’t embed here so click on that link. And there’s a lot to see :flushed:!

First of all, we cast our eyes upon our filmer, Vetexgames, sporting a whopping 10 million health. I promise it’s legit, guys :pleading_face:!

Then we see that he’s on Sandfall Isle, indicated by both the sand and the more indicative title of “Sandfall Isle” on the top of his screen.

He moves his cursor to a nearby bandit, and it turns red. He then rushes forward, and bonks his victim several times very hard.

Here’s a cactus! They’re indeed very blocky. This one also has a Prickly Pear on top, which you can collect and consume :hungry:

Some of Frostmill…

Some spires (Of Redwake?), and Palo Town.

And a Caravel (I think) alongside Palo town again.

The weapon skill looks really sick, and it looks like all of the skills have the quality we’ve seen since the very first weapon skill leak.

And look at the title of the bandit…

Definitely something with the storyline :poggers2:.

With that out of the way, Vetex has been popping off with the remains of the second set of Weapon Skills. Before that, though…

Funny how it’s just a sound. Your character seems to just brush it off! They can only occur if your character takes over 10% of their health in one hit.

And improvements to those clashes as well are welcome :mariomug:.

Then, we have some more weapon skills. Impaling Strike and Piercing Gale for Polearms and Staffs respectively.

Then, soon after, we have Shield Bash for… well, what do you think :fr:? Quickdraw is delivered to Bow type weapons, and Multi Shot becomes the second skill for Pistol type weapons :nod:.

Dang, Vetex is going pretty fast :flushed:! But let’s look at a few discord messages made by him! Credit to @Spectrethefox for these.

Look at this! This means that you can Mix & Match awakenings :eyes:. What does this mean? For example, if you have a Wizard build upon your first awakening, you gain your second magic. Then, you can shift your build over to Warlock, and then go through your second awakening, gaining a choice of a 3rd magic or 2nd fighting style.

This is great news, and allows for more creativity with your build :ok_hand:.

This one might be even bigger. Just look at Vetex’s comment shown here to see what it means. Do you traders think it’s good or bad ? All I know is that the value of sunkens will definitely lower, depending on how long you can go without catching a Sunken until the pity system kicks in :frhigh:.

Speak your mind here:

"Pity" system in AO

And this. There’ll be a big pvp video showing build diversity after awakenings are finished. As of writing, the trello does not specify when Awakenings will be implemented. Can’t wait to look at that video when it releases :poggers2:!

Back to weapon skills! We have Piercing Shot for Rifle type weapons, and Quick Combo for Dual Pistols. Sounding sick :mariomug::+1:! Death messages have been made more red as well.

Here’s some more tweaks and changes…

With all those weapon skills definitely come a lot of tweaks to make gameplay as good as possible :raised_hand::frsleepin::ok_hand:. It seems Piercing Shot and Devastate have been nerfed, and a few grab type skills, including Skull Crusher, tweaked a bit to be more realistic.

And what about those weapon clashes? Are they for magic, weapons, or when they both collide? Anyways, it sounds really neat. More SFX For me :hungry:!

Just a bit more now! We see some changes to swimming, skills, and the ocean floor to failsafe a few possible upcoming bugs. Better safe than sorry :v:.

And it looks like a few nice rain changes. See you guys next time!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“I rate you by anything i can think of”
By @tetragon_fortress

Step right up and get rated. What are you getting rated for, you ask? You’ll have to comment to find out! It already has 87 comments as of writing, so why not bump that total up a little more? I rate this topic a 48/10 :flushed:!

Link:
I rate you by anything i can think of

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

“Festival of Memories”
By @tong

This art celebrated the first anniversary of the Artist Hub, where artists come together to draw and share their creativity through visual illustration :paintbrush:. Looking at all this cool art has been quite the odyssey! Here, you can see many different artists, with all their characters compiled in a single picture, watching the dangerously nearby fireworks :flushed:! Happy anniversary!

Link:
Artist Hub collab - Festival of Memories [1 year anniversary]

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“(Arcane of Magic) - Synopsis/Characters”

By @Ostinowsky
Brand new lore from a brand new creator. Well… not really. They’re just Arcane.Story’s new account. There is way too much text here for me to actually read it thoroughly, my eyes would explode and be almost as fire as this synopsis :fire:. Definitely read at least a bit of it, it’s worth it! Tons of effort went into it :nod:.

Link:
﹙Arcane Of Magic﹚- Synopsis/Characters

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @SpectreTheFox! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”$300”!

This anchor’s riddle is…

”24749/608<3”

_ _ _ e _

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center ~ The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

The Arcane Lily
Trello

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

15 Likes

I asked it once but here it is again

Should I change the formatting a bit so that “Development News” isn’t in a dropdown? This would let me embed mp4s so that you don’t have to click on a link to watch the video.
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

since development news could be long, i think this could benefit from table of contents so people could jump between headings

1 Like

Heavy blunt*

Yoo got it!

1 Like

Fixed! Thanks :nod:.

1 Like

Yoo, another great anchor! Honestly, I think the mix and matching awakenings thing is taken heavily out of context. I think both of your awakenings will change to fit whatever your current build is. It would be horrible for players if they wanted to swap to a different build but couldn’t change their first awakening. A Conjurer with Warlock or Warlord infusions would be horrible. A Mage with three fighting styles and one magic would be utter garbage. Especially since you’re supposed to forget fighting styles entirely as a Mage build. Mixing and matching awakenings just wouldn’t work, too many problems and complications. It just doesn’t make sense when you think about it more. Even if you could do it, it would be pretty useless since most second awakenings are just more magics/fighting styles or a slight stat boost.

1 Like

The way Vetex words it makes it seem like you could mix & match though.

Idk

Yeah it kinda does, but the concept has some pretty bad implications and is pretty useless. I can’t think of a single build that would benefit from having a different awakening.

Maybe you could do the first conjurer awakening that lets you imbue magic with weapons, and then do something different?

I could see that happening

Though I don’t see why you wouldn’t want the second awakening for Conjurer lol.

It would be really cool if you could go through first awakening for conjurer and then go through the first awaking for warlock so you can have magic plus weapons plus fighting styles at the expense of not being able to have an extra magic/fighting style

Going conjurer and then warden? So you have magic weapons and 10% damage reduction

1 Like

As a warden you’d have very low magic and weapons stats, so you can’t make good use of that infusion ability at all. Also, wardens can’t get lost or ancient magics. You wouldn’t even get more than one base magic. You’d be so unbelievably behind all the other players, the extra damage reduction is NOT worth it. Just stick with full conjurer or full warden.

i might actually switch to conjurer now

1 Like

Thanks Cryo, now i got the AO drip :flushed:

2 Likes

Is the riddle answer “free”?

idk just got that vibe

Nope

Tree

Close

Wait I put the wrong amount of blanks in the riddle check again