⚓ The Odyssey Feed Hub

Now that I think about, my logic is definitely faulty, since by that same logic every single new topic should not have the right to exist on the forums.

1 Like

Some people have probably been wondering about this, since I’ve only said in the discord server, but Odyssey Feed will return once the next content update begins.

2 Likes

Will the Odyssey Feed stay the same as it was last time and go over the patch notes every few days, or will there be an article every content update and the article would go over all of the major stuff from that?

Staying the same for now.

Don’t forget this(sorry for necrobump but I seriously want new members to read king cryo’s old papers)

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for the wait between these Odyssey Feed anchors. It’s pretty inexcusable since I’m on summer vacation right now, but I just finished up 2 summer camps, and have been doing a lot of building and procrastination. I’m also going on an (undeserved) vacation pretty soon.

I’ve also been thinking about always messaging artists before featuring their art, as I directly embed the image into the feed above the link. What would you all think about this?

• Yes, do this please.
  • No, it’s ok as is.

0 voters

I feel sorry for you.
for some reason i’ve never liked camps during the summer.
How many mosquitoes have you had to deal with and have they bitten you yet

I swear when i was gone on my trip they were everywhere during the trek and the camp, it was awful and i have like six bites and they’re irritating

I’ve noticed no mosquitos or mosquito bites, but maybe I just don’t check myself regularly enough. Sorry you had to go through that though…

We were mostly inside, since it was a music camp.

1 Like

a music camp sounds both cute and fun.

Yeah, 2 on the same campus. I liked both, but it got pretty tiring towards the end.

1 Like

My legs still hurt from the five-mile hikes we had to endure then.
We also had to pull handcarts during it (But I somehow managed to evade that responsibility) so it was super annoying to deal with. Especially combined with the mosquitoes we had to spray for and kill.

You still have camps at 16?

Here there’s literally nothing for anyone above 14, so I have 3 jobs at camps now

1 Like

¿Qhar?

Asking cryo

Yeah, absolutely.

Hey Artists, from now on I’ll be asking permission for featuring art with a new template. This is a thing now because of the fact that I embed the art in my topic, unlike writing or anything else, besides music, which I’m not so sure about. Anyways, this means there might be delays if an artist I want to feature isn’t online for a while to see the message. I’ll manage, though, and I believe this is a good thing.

…and because of this, getting an anchor out when I actually want to get it out is going to be miles harder. I’ve had something prepared for a day now.

You might notice I haven’t really been writing Odyssey Feed a lot lately. This is because of a few things, which I’ll list below.

• I’m having lots of time taken up by school, with much more school and homework than last year.
  • I’m getting into more hobbies in real life, which I won’t disclose.
  • I’m starting to write several things and am reading a lot to get ideas. I might post things on the forum.

That’s pretty much it. Odyssey Feed isn’t stopping, nor do I plan for it to, it just might slow down for a while depending on what I feel like, and you definitely aren’t going to be on the receiving end of the “3-5 days between each anchor” proposed by me previously.

3 Likes

Hey everyone. It’s been about half a year since the last Odyssey Feed, more or less. So what happened?

• General burn-out
  • Finding other fun things that I enjoy, mostly just writing other stuff, and preoccupied with music shit.
  • Procrastination, not finding a good place to start.
  • Most importantly, burn-out and loss of interest from AO. It feels weird to say this but I lost most interest in AO after the Dark Sea update. It wasn’t fun at all and in my opinion impacted the game negatively (the new insane stat gap and grind and meta shit along with dodge reflexes and agility meta make pvp for a casual player like me impossible, and all I had left was clans pretty much which is a pvp feature).

However, hopefully maybe my interest will return during Nimbus Sea, but it will probably just make pvp even worse, but that can wait until clan building, assuming he will make the bad decision of involving clans in pvp. Although, the storyline itself and the addition of new content, along with island building might spark some more interest in the game.

TLDR I cant promise anything but im trying to play the game more and maybe ill regain interest.

Sorry if anyone is disappointed by this news, It feels like how long this newspaper has been going, how famous its been and the fact it got me to the position im at today makes me feel obligated to keep doing it, but at the same time my lack of interest in the game. Maybe if I start working on it again ill rediscover its fun or something.

4 Likes

I get what you mean with the powercreep man
Getting a good build that won’t even last forever is super tedious, especially when you wanna incorporate sunkens into it
Not to mention you have to get lucky with dark sea trips to get the right enchants too.

1 Like