⚓ The Odyssey Feed Hub

yeah the dark sea kinda killed my fun with the game. not really directly, but i dont feel like grinding for days to get the best enchants that i’ll need to get again when we get better items, and generally playing without op luck potions feels like an absolute waste. yeah, fishing generally has pretty terrible rates of getting good stuff by default, but at this point id rather have terrible rates than being forced to rely on luck potions which are extremely easy to make but require serious time investment

if luck potions get absolutely gutted or become way harder (and not longer, again i cant spare the time) to make, maybe ill come back for more than just to do the storyline, but idk we’ll see

1 Like

All good bro! Take your time with it! I get what you mean about the burnout, when jewel crafting came out I got a bad feeling and now the grind is just insane just to have a good build.

May we meet again in the nimbus sea :pensive:

Mfs gonna be rolling up with blasted modified rare arcanium armor exotic enchanted with legendary gems

2 Likes

there’s too much stat bloat in AO tbh

2 Likes

Me when you have to grind 300 hours for each update and each patch note so you don’t get stat gapped by metamancers when you PvP

This and the fact that there’s only going to be more as the game ages

Screw metamancers man

1 Like

pretty soon we fr boutta be able to get the “augmented cursed blessed exotic legendary blazed gigapunched firefarted nuclearized antipolarzonked photoshopped skibidi toilet poppy playtimed promethean mythic halcyon multisocketed gemchromatical stereomadness fired in the hole demon angel godly evilized innocentized waterized supertimezoneblorked chahcachachachachakababwaba’d meaty heavy obese slimed imploded blasted hectopopobroean pearlized arcanium buttplug”

3 Likes

You must minmax as I have

1 Like

billions must minmax

I do, the issue is that those builds become outdated every 2 weeks and you can’t transfer enchants and modifiers so you can only really minmax long term if you don’t touch grass

Yeah, that’s why I have some concerns regarding stuff like modifiers and enchants since gear and enchants is just gonna keep getting better you’ll need to grind even more to get what is considered a “good build”

It just leads to an infinite loop of regrinding gear just so you don’t get outpaced by other players

1 Like

I did the math, checked the dates, looked at all the anchors before I started linking them, sorted through articles, and found out that The Nimbus Sea is The Odyssey Feed’s 98th ANCHOR!! :flushed:

Thank you so much to everyone for supporting this paper all this time. It’s crazy that we’re at this number right now… here’s to 100!

2 Likes

Kingdom relations anchor will be number 100. I can feel it…

hub

death will come to you

you also came

If anyone is wondering where the newspaper (and my forum presence with it) went, I lost motivation since I’ve lost interest in AO recently, though I’m still building for it. There hasn’t been a real update for pve since the dark sea, which I didn’t even like that much, and we have like 6 minutes of nimbus sea story, and captain maria is a horrible boss.

Currently I’m just waiting for more substantial things for a person who has already completed the game, such as island alignments, or an update to the Dark Sea, or more story maybe.

4 Likes


NOTICE REGARDING THE ODYSSEY FEED


Hello older readers of this newspaper or those that have never read it and just clicked on this notification (you may be a bit confused in the latter case. If it isn’t obvious, I wrote it).

I know this is a year and a half bump but I wanted to give an update for people who still don’t know where I went or what happened to the Odyssey Feed: It is very well discontinued, and I am still not planning on being active on the forums for the foreseeable future. I know I used to talk here a lot, which I do not do anymore, and even my activity in Vetcord’s general chats has dropped dramatically. There’s a few reasons for this:

  • Lack of interest in the game itself, at least for now. I still am building for it. Rainspire went great in my opinion and now I am onto other things to build. I’m not saying I don’t love the game, I do, it’s just that I’m bored; and if I’m not here for the game, what am I here for? After updates or large trello updates I may hang around a bit and talk but overall idc right now.
  • The community. There used to be cooler people here who enjoyed liking the game instead of hating on it. It feels like nearly all of those people left, even on the discord, and now 80% of the people in both places are entitled doomposters who think it’s their (free) game instead of Vetex’s. DNI if you are one of these people, or inform me so I can block you.
  • Wanting to write other things + college. I wrote two novels in my high school senior year and am currently trying to work out my college major as I am now going into my sophomore year there. Needless to say I have some stuff on my hands sometimes. My writing style does not align with interruption and having to think about other things and so I’m not doing any writing right now. “Writing” includes a newspaper, unfortunately.

It is highly unlikely that The Odyssey Feed will be coming back any time soon, or ever. But I want to thank all the people who supported me and made me want to keep going! I could never got to where I am now—as a builder for this game—without you. Hopefully, if not my newspaper, you will enjoy the things I’ve created ingame and will continue to create.

That being said, if you want to make your own newspaper like this, it doesn’t take much besides dedication and some free time. You never know where it will land you. I would love to see it!

If you ever need to contact me for any reason, my discord tag is forty__eight. I will probably reply in a few hours maximum (unless you’re dming me at 1 am or something).


THANK YOU for reading The Odyssey Feed!!! :anchor::heart_on_fire:


13 Likes

wishing you best luck in your journey ahead :saluting_face:

1 Like