⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Many Weapon Skill Adjustments!

The Odyssey Feed 2

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Friday, November 12, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Listen While You Read!

Coconut Mall
By Mario Kart Wii

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Coconut Mall - Mario Kart Wii [OST] - YouTube

:scroll:

Development News!

Welcome to another Anchor of Odyssey Feed! TOF’s birthday :cake: is coming up on November 20th, so i’ll reformat the paper and release an anchor then (If I have time :sleeper:)! Anyways, i’m excited to document another round of trello changes here. There’s not a ton here, but stay tuned :nod:! A lot more of the information than usual here is from the trello, so buckle up!

The first thing we have today is that Large Waves move two times as fast. Gotta go fast :dash:! They’ll be substantially more difficult to dodge now! And once the wave hits your ship, crew NPCs have a new stumbling animation when your ship takes damage for that extra immersion :heart_eyes:.

Now we’re swept up by another big set of changes. Behold!

Let’s go bottom to top in our beloved version 1.7.50! First of all, we have some better tearing effects for sails during extreme winds. I didn’t even know there were sail tearing effects :flushed:! The range of them has also been buffed apparently.

Why not add a few more splatters of visual improvements? Rain, rain, don’t go away :mariomug:! And even some better looking clouds to match all that precipitation. Upgrades, people, upgrades!

Let’s add on with some better tornado and blizzard visuals. There’s improvements both for base visuals and graphics level 5 and on; Less go :poggers2:!

And last but least not least, a nerf to Spiraling Fury.

Hey, V-Sauce Michael here. We just wrapped up all the weapon skill adjustments!

Or did we?

Oh dear :sleeper:. Let’s go through this quick.

You know what? Nevermind. If you care so much, look through it yourself! Muahahahhahahhah :smiling_imp:!

Hopefully, these are the last adjustments to Weapon skills, for now at least. It’s been noted that the testers played a huge role in making these fixes, so shout-out to them (And lord Vetex, of course!) These changes, though boring and numerous, are super important to making the game as enjoyable as possible :cold_face::ok_hand:!

In the midst of this, there’s also some super cool particle and terrain fragmentation changes and additions which my raisin brain fails to understand :fr:!

Last thing for this anchor. If you’re playing Arcane Odyssey with your graphics level 5 or less, you won’t see waves rise out of the sea, sink into the sea, or grow. They’ll just appear at their max size. Presumably, this helps out a lot with lag. We’ll just have to find out :frhigh:!

That’s all for this anchor!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“TAITC does a sloppy job on editing festive stuff onto people’s pfps 2021 edition”
By @ThatAsianInTheCorner

As with many popular series, last year’s famous topic of TAITC editing festive accessories on profile pictures is getting a sequel for the ages :flushed::ok_hand:. Too lazy to slap a Santa hat on your profile picture yourself :thinking:? Just upload your profile picture on the comments of the topic. In December, TAITC will commence the photoshopping. Can’t believe Christmas is coming so soon :cold_face:!

Link:
(Pre-Ordering Phase) TAITC does a sloppy job on editing festive stuff onto people's pfps 2021 edition

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

“Totally Accurate Arcane: A Fated Encounter”
By @Tobi

Tobi strikes again with another super good comic strip. This time, Tobi portrays a fight between the Exiled and the Minotaur with souped up outfits in super duper detail. It seems whoever put them together didn’t want them to fight. Too bad :joy:; it’s way cooler this way! Definitely check it out :v:.

Link:
Totally Accurate Arcane: A Fated Encounter

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter IV: The Half Way Through”
By @BNTarwarn

We continue one of our favorite writing series on the forum, Average Day in Magius, the interactive story that never fails to disappoint :mariomug:! This time around it’s extremely chaotic, and you’re the one that will guide what BNT writes next! It’s thrilling! It’s… well, what rhymes with thrilling :sleeper:?

Link:
Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter IV: The Half Way Through

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Broly! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Three”!

This anchor’s riddle is…

”AATrelloList6Card8”

_ u _ _ _ _ d _ _ s

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center ~ The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

The Arcane Lily
Trello

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

15 Likes

If you’re reading this Tobi, I was a bit cautious about including all three images of your comic strip, so if you don’t want that just tell me haha.

@Cryonical

Quest Ideas ez

1 Like

That was fast

I ain’t Legendary for nothing

You beat me before I even saw the post. Such speed! You surely are a very intriguing challenger. Prepare to become my rival!!!

2 Likes

sorry don’t expect much from me

Haha!!! That’s exactly what a rival would say! Expect the depths of hell to rain down upon you!

This will go down in the history books!

I will never stop loving these.

1 Like

I’m revamping the formatting of the newspaper rn so I hope you’ll like it more after that. :nod:

1 Like

Alright then

Inhales

• Beast instinct was buffed in both speed and strength
  • Spin attack was buffed slightly in terms of damage
  • Sword draw: mountain wind had its projectiles tweaked
  • Twin crescents got its speed increased
  • Flash strike got a longer cooldown
  • Mirrored river also got a longer cooldown
  • Piercing combo now reaches a bit further and comes out a bit faster
  • Raging impact has more aoe
  • Brutal rush got slightly more damage as well as extra projectile speed
  • Devastate starts off twice as fast
  • Knocking blitz got reworked to have less speed + distance but more damage
  • Piercing gale got some knockback to its initial impact
  • Quickdraw got a sizable buff to its damage
  • Cheap shot now costs less stamina but also deals less damage
  • Multishot now has tighter spread and less startup
  • Quick combo got its damage nerfed
  • Onslaught also got its damage decreased
5 Likes

No! This is impossible!

1 Like

fine then, we’ll play by your rules

still salty at how you somehow mistyped the abbreviation of my username twice

1 Like

All good my man, I don’t mind at all. I just want people to see my art and enjoy it. Thank you for the feature btw. Tobiemoji_flushed :dango:

2 Likes

OML i’ll fix that :rofl:

teehee

1 Like

Chaos, chaos!

1 Like

Is the riddle answer quest ideas?

1 Like