⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Silverhold, Cannon Fist, & Mastery!

Navigator
2022-10-05T16:52:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! As always, we’ve got some brand new Arcane Odyssey content to cover. So, let’s dive right in!

As we can see, we have a new interesting feature for fighting styles; Mastery :eyes:! It’s a meter with five tiers; Amateur, Apprentice, Initiate, Adept, and Master, and affects what techniques you can create, your aoe, and special effects with each different fighting style you have. If you change your fighting style, the mastery for that slot resets :boom:.

It can be filled by using attacks with that fighting style, and according to Vetex, about 30 minutes of nonstop attacking with a style is required to max out its Mastery meter :hourglass:… if you’re a Berserker. However, for other builds, the amount the meter gets filled with each attack is lowered depending on how much of the strength stat you have :chart_with_downwards_trend:.

This may seem strange and grindy, however its purpose is to discourage frequently switching fighting styles to whatever is best :thinking:. Since Fighting Styles are designed a different way than magic in such a way that they often have much more of a gimmick that you may not like, being able to switch them is a must, but doing so also encourages metamancers (:face_vomiting:) to be able to go to whatever they’d like, and additionally makes it far too easy to constantly switch these styles :nod:.

However, Mastery makes it so that in order to level up your gameplay with a certain fighting style and switch things around, you have to commit much more to it which is very welcome, and work more to see the potential of that style :muscle:. Since damage isn’t reduced by low Mastery, it shouldn’t be too inconvenient either; just a good way to deter constant switching with no real downside :ok_hand:. Though there has been some interesting debate on it and there are probably some better ways to do it. What do you think?

Speaking of changing fighting styles, if at any point for some reason you’d like to revert back to basic combat, there’s now a basic combat mentor at Whitesummit :mountain_snow:. Quite interesting!

Lastly for this version, there’s more progress on Silverhold. Can’t wait to see that done!

Similarly to magics, fighting style icons will now display on your files on the title screen. A pretty good addition that makes a lot of sense :ok_hand:.

Now, we have something really great: Cannon Fist is being worked on :poggers2:! None of us were expecting us as this wasn’t on Vetex’s list of what fighting styles would be finished on release in the Q&A :flushed:. That opens up a lot of opportunities for fighting styles that didn’t make the cut on said list. Nevertheless, Cannon Fist will bring a lot to the table, so stay tuned for further development and info :nod:!

More progress on Cannon Fist :boom:! Not only this, though, but the visuals of the Exploding Shell and Heavy Exploding Shell cannonball types have been improved! It’s interesting that Vetex is revisiting this, so perhaps they can be used in some way using Cannon Fist :thinking:.

And also more progress on Silverhold. Vetex is on a roll :fire:! Next version:

The last few versions have been quite short… oh, and Cannon Fist is finished :eyes:. As we expected, you will throw cannonballs to attack with high destruction and a higher percent of ship damage (Who needs cannons when you can throw the cannonballs yourself :joy:?), which will consume your ammunition. Similarly to ships, you can select the type of cannonball to use, which many people predicted from the last version. Interested to see what style will be added next :thinking:!

Silverhold has finally been finished, and I can’t wait to see some inevitable leaks showing off some of it :smirk:! The jail cells previously on top of the house at Palo Town will now be here, though the area for the execution platform has not yet been moved, so perhaps either it’s slipped Vetex’s mind, not been added yet, or perhaps it’s intentional so that bad reps can watch executions without getting ganked by soldiers :crossed_swords:. What do you think :face_with_monocle:?

Some islands have also been moved around, so it’s cool to see how well the game is organized to allow that casually :v:. Gonna have to relearn some locations myself :sleeper:!

Lastly, something very interesting :eye::

A new NPC, along with their drops, has been added to the enemy drops card named Commodore Kai :nod:. Kai has a 1 in 5 chance to drop their Sabre, which is always dropped at level 50 but can be upgraded all the way to level 200 :chart_with_upwards_trend:! Here’s a quote from Beans about their sword, which seemingly confirms it to not be anything too special:

This is all quite intriguing :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, and further details about this NPC are unknown, but many theorize that due to both their name and the fact Silverhold was also just finished, that they spawn there :+1:. What are your thoughts?

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Maple makes your profile halloweeny
Posted by @Maple

Remember TAITC’s christmas pfp thread? Maple has taken over Halloween on the forums with their savvy photoshopping skills and is making Spooky Month profile pictures for anyone who provides a png of their profile picture and asks :ghost:! So if you want your profile picture to be 100% edgier (Until you get socially exiled for having a halloween pfp past october), step right up :nod:!

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

AA Webcomic - Chapter 31 Part 2
Created by @LittleShrekSheep

Our favorite white haired wizard is back in the next installment of the Arcane Adventures webcomic :poggers2:! Usually I wouldn’t include this since it’s ascended beyond what I would consider art, but I didn’t have too much of a choice here and it’s fire anyway :fire:. This is definitely one of the bloodiest chapters yet… and just from looking at the thumbnail you know what you’re getting into :eye:.

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Katastrof Blood - Chapter 27: Venator’s Omen
Written by @Zeil

It’s nice to see another face in the writing category :pray:! And this time around, not only does Zeil deliver, but does so with some optional music in the background, as well :frhigh:. Starting with a graphic and disturbing vision, it evolves into friendships, messages, and continues Pyrei’s story with indefinitely amazing visuals, dragging you into it the whole way along. There’s something around every corner… definitely give it a read :nod:!

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Dr.Archipelago! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Mimhere Island”!

You Open The Scroll…

“Third Vessel”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
Sniffer my beloved! :heart:
18 Likes

ketch?

1 Like

Nope.

caravel

Yepper :nod:!

man you people gotta atleast read the anchor first
:cry:

No leaks thnak god
and I hope they don’t let cannon fist users have access to the other cannonballs that carry :sob:

We will not talk about the cannon fist incident

this is supposed to be berserker and strength stat i think

Yeah it is, i’ll fix. TY!

caravel?

Yeah. Maple already got it though :smirk:.

oh yea i just saw

1 Like

Another W feed as always, keep up the great work Cryo!

htis should say upgradeable to level 200

Guhh idk how I misread that trello note. Thank you!

1 Like

he released an odyssey feed theres no way we dont get a leak this week

1 Like

Another great feed, I’m surprised I’m surprised anymore

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

1 Like

subconscious leak, confirmed mountain

fr just like
conjure metal balls from thin air
and smack a ship with it

vetex needs to add arcanium cannonBALLS now.
flaming hot balls

yayayayayay
advertising
gimme clout
>:D

also whose sniffer

1 Like

I think you’re right.

I don’ think putting a witch hat on my dog makes her look edgier. I think it makes her look cuter.

Definately

Best newspaper article on planet Earth as always (unbiased opinion).

1 Like

silverhold sounds oddly similar to summer hold :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@Divanochi you gotta say W feed bro quick!!!