⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Cernunno Showdown!

Navigator
2022-09-28T18:00:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Sound Magic ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Hook
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ The Hook ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! Today we have quite the volume of content to cover :nod:! Let’s get started with an image posted just after the last anchor…

As we can see, Beans, Herodue, Doc, and Perf are all sitting on the beach of an unknown island all wearing tropical clothing. Here we can see some different patterns, such as the yellow variants having palm trees, red ones with orange flowers, orange ones with cactuses, etc :flushed:. Definitely one of the most fun items yet, and with two variations there’s a lot of opportunity to fit it into your drip :fire:.

Next up, we’re going to cover the rest of v1.9.170, which was not published last time…

First, the timer for stalling in the air by blocking has been reduced from 3 seconds to 0.5 :hourglass:, and additionally, when reaching this time limit you will not be able to block in the air for another 2 seconds. This does a part in reducing easy air stalling :cloud:.

Second, an improvement to the martial artist robes, which have had their wrist wrap texture improved :sparkles:. Always welcome!

Next, a much needed addition to Sailor’s Lodge; there’s now a builder NPC there, allowing you to build blueprints that you obtain from sealed chests. A pretty great thing to be there, and makes the area a whole lot more convenient in general :ok_hand:.

And now, something very exciting :drum:… now that all the basic techniques for fighting styles have been finished, we’re moving on to the different fighting styles themselves, starting with boxing :poggers2:! It’s only getting started in its development, so over the next few versions we’ll see it’s completion through :mariomug:.

A few notable things in this version :mag:. First, Boxing is being developed :punch:. Second, thunderstorms and other harsh weather have had their spawn rate reduced by a little bit. Pretty good change, in my opinion :ok_hand:.

On top of these things, we have some more progress on the Grand Navy. The NPCs in the Grand Navy are now given a rank, appearance, and skills depending on what their level. They will also spawn during executions to guard the platform the criminal is executed on. We already knew about this for a while, but it’s neat to see :cold_face:. These are also the first Grand Navy NPCs in the game :nod:!

Here’s some more details about executions and the execution guard NPCs. There will be four of them, two higher level and nearer to the platform, two lower level and further from the platform :boom:. Their levels are dependent on the criminal’s bounty and level, and the NPCs can be as high level as Level 400 (Rear Admiral Rank :frhigh:). Interesting, I wonder if this will ever be uppered for the future possibility of a level 1000 being executed :headstone:.

Aggroing them can stall the execution, giving you a better chance to free the criminal, but is definitely dangerous :warning:… if you die to any Grand Navy NPC while you have a bounty, you will be arrested similarly to how you are arrested by players when your bounty is taken. Unlike that, though, being arrested by the Grand Navy will only be lowered by 0.05%, to a minimum of 500 :thinking:.

Lastly for this version, DocTheWarBird and BNTarwarn (The goats :goat:) have written many different last words for the different criminal personality times :fire::pencil:. Can’t wait to see what some of them might be :eyes:!

Boxing has been finished :poggers2:! If you have it, your character will permanently wear boxing gloves. If you wear normal gloves in an accessory slot (Can be a vanity slot, I believe :nod:) then your boxing gloves will change to that color!

It has different visuals, can only use fists for attacks, and has more focus on speed and knockback compared to basic combat :zap:! It will be learned from a Boxing Mentor NPC, so stick around for that :flushed:!

Just as exciting, the Grand Navy fortress of the Bronze Sea has begun work; Silverhold :pray:! This might also mean the beginning of some of the Grand Navy functionality (Besides the execution NPCs from earlier, of course :fr:).

Here’s our last version for today. First, a great change; you will no longer continuously face towards away from the camera when fighting styles. This was annoying (As you can probably guess, I would like to be able to see the front of my character :fr:) and also unnecessary, as you can fight properly without it just the same as without this feature, and for the aforementioned reason.

Next, some more details on the Boxing fighting style and the UI for learning it :ok_hand:. It’s been confirmed, though we had known this a while back, that the mentor for a fighting style was to be in Goso Jungle, and this style is boxing! You can learn it if you have a strength stat of at least 30 and if you’ve got 200 galleons to spare :moneybag:. If you don’t have an open fighting style slot, you can replace one of your current styles, which will warn you that it will delete all of those skills :boom:. Cool stuff!

Last, we have one of the coolest videos ever showcased in Arcane Odyssey, by Kurumai!

Vetex has allowed Kuru to post the entire fight with the Archon of Greenwish, known as Cernyx :poggers2:, who is a Warlock using Earth Magic with two phases. They’re the forest of cernunno boss! So not only do we have a look at the area and the cultists themselves, but we have a look at the boss, their attacks, abilities, and appearance. It’s super amazing, so take a look for yourself :eyes:!

The fight is quite riveting as well, with Kurumai almost dying several times :popcorn:! It’s a quite lengthy video, so i’ll let you take a look at it yourself :nod::ok_hand:.

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ On Topic ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lay’s art n doodle thread
Posted by @laya

I’m finally here for the start of another art thread and can therefore feature it here. There’s almost a whole year’s worth of art in this thread that’s just now being posted :flushed:, and the art style is amazing, especially as they’re starting to draw and add new things :fire:! Super great job on all of this, and I hope to see more in the future!

Arcane Art
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Arcane Art ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fire curse user gfx
Created by @mars

One of the first pieces of art by mars that I’ve had here! They’ve dropped a banger image of a stylish individual rocking fire magic, with incredible detail and effects. It looks like real fire :eyes:… definitely some fire art :fire:! I’m sorry about that. It’s quite amazing and a lot of effort definitely went into that, so make sure to check it out!

Writing Wizardry
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Writing Wizardry ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Smugglers
Written by @Shellseawing

We’re back to another short story by Shellseawing, this time on a whole new point of view, which in my opinion is a cool practice for writing :cold_face:. A group of ice smugglers are performing what they do best while the sun beats down relentlessly. Playing foolish games, they’ll soon have a lot more than the sun and their blood alcohol content to worry about :boom:.

The Chart
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ The Chart ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @DRobinHood! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”The Great Rift”!

You Open The Scroll…

“… IS REAL!!!”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Resources ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for reading!
25 Sit-Ups… Now!!
19 Likes

Mimhere island

1 Like

W feed as always

Mimhere island

2 Likes

dang he found one that isnt genderbent

THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!

3 Likes

bro has push notifications and scrolls straight to the bottom :skull:

2 Likes

ok-and

1 Like

At the time of writing this reply, it’s 1:56. Are you time-traveling?

1 Like

Hopefully this is togglable.

You’re not sorry.

I’m actually going to do 25 sit-ups now.

1 Like

THE MIMPIECE!

1 Like

@Kurumai look you’re famous

1 Like

can we get much higher

1 Like

One Piece

:tomfoolery:

1 Like

4 Likes

The One Piece

1 Like

E monkeyzada

1 Like

Possible typo? There is a builder NPC there.

2 Likes

in that context he means the the patch note’s addition of a builder is a great addition

1 Like

Intense Intercourse in AO?

2 Likes

The time zone is that of New York, and I put in the time from my own time zone, which is in Indiana. Also that happened not to be the exact time I published it. Let me know if yall want me to change it to text again since it’s not exactly accurate.

1 Like