The REAL Wrath of the Gods... is coming? (Theory)

Yeah, I’m making a lot more posts than usual huh… (3 in one day, that’s gotta be a new record lol)

I just had this shower thought all of a sudden just today… I can’t believe I didn’t put two and two together earlier oof.

So… several months back, I made this post:

It was me finding a very ominous final words dialogue from an NPC execution.

“The blood of us ‘criminals’ shall dye this blue sea red”
“The rage of the gods will strike and burn through everything in their path”
“Peace will fall, and evil will rise”
“And ‘he’ will return…”

It was even more ominous due to the exact timing I found the dialogue. which was when I was casually talking to Finlay Alfored, who talks about the Wrath of the Gods.

It was a pretty freaky occurrence. Here I am talking to some random NPC about the Wrath of the Gods, how the Gods may still exist in spirit, wreaking havoc on the War Seas or whatever. And then some execution suddenly happens where some lunatic says that the Gods’ rage will come and wreak havoc on the War Seas.

I mean, the Wrath of the Gods probably already happened, right? Like… they won’t literally return…

Well…

20240330_225541

Gods are basically immortal in spirit. So if they were ‘killed’ during the War of the Gods… could their spirits have survived…?

With this lore in mind, that random remark by Finlay about the spirit of the gods, and that dialogue from thag execution might be little bits of foreshadowing all along.

The Gods might return to invoke their wrath on humanity at a later point of the story in one way or another. Or perhaps… they already have.

Remember that event that led to Thorne Empire to retreat during a war against Ravenna? That event didnt look like it was created by Chaos…

I also noticed that first line of the dialogue… “the blood of us criminals shall dye this blue sea red”.

And just with the Nimbus Sea chapter release, we just got the name drop of whats likely to be the name of the 5th Sea: the Marauding Sea.

The Marauding Sea being the second last sea of the journey, before the 6th Sea. A sea full of criminals.

Something big is gonna happen in the Marauding Sea, itll lead is into the endgame of the story.

I dont know, thoughts? Maybe this might actually turn out to be the “Apex” that Vetex and Tech were talking about in the QnA lol.

1 Like

Might be neat if some of the Gods were trying to influence things in the war seas through organizations. Like for example, the assassin syndicate is trying to ignite war in the war seas, wouldn’t be crazy if say, Ares, was influencing them to do that so he could regain his power.

I also had the thought of them actually being sealed, but Im not sure myself tbh. Stuffed in with the dangerous ancient and most powerful threat guy? Im not sure tbh…

if theyre immortal in spirit they could posses peoples so what if our character not just a demigod instead he have a spirit of a god?

…Im not sure if it would even work like that (wouldnt a human body explode…?)

I dont think its simple as a ghost entering a body tbh

Then Poseidon really should’ve said something

well magic could evolve body to fit in the situation and ı dont think a gods spirit have gods full power

poseidon tells us wish he could say everything but cannot cause of our journey and he uses all his energy so it still seems possible to me

probably needs a body that has the blood of the gods flowing through it, preferably demigods

that could be what the order is experimenting with, using demigods as test subjects for god vessels (and I assume some form of rejection would happen and noncompatibles would die)

1 Like

yes