The Seekers of Sight are the Order of Aesir? (Solving Makrinaos)

oh well, i remember somewhere they said it was assasin, guess i just Tripping :sob:

That isn’t to say that the assassins couldn’t be working/influenced by the order, but it goes kinda beg the question, if the assassins are on the order’s side, why did they try to screw over Calvus, a high lord in the order, by trying to break the treaty he formed? I’ve seen other people ask this, but I can’t remember if anyone came up with an answer worked really well.

I’m pretty sure doom island is also surrounded by a bunch of storms too. It’s probably just how the weather is over there rather than some crazy stuff going on, tbh.

Has anyone noticed how similar the catacombs above the ritual site are to the old ruins on Mount Elburz? Same Grecian-style columns on the surface, with a boarded up basement with a similar layout and interior style, though lacking obvious bodies or the obvious candles. Perhaps the skeletons and candles were added by later users of the crypt, whether these were the seekers of sight, visigoths, or whoever.

wut

Mount Elburz has similar catacombs

yeah but I forgot where mount elburz is

is it in sameria?

the big central mountain yeah

This sail pattern kinda Markinaos as seen from above.

Can some body give me another recap about what has happened since last night on this thread?

I actually have a theory about this, well more of just a piece of evidence supporting it. I’ve talked about it before, but the fact the Assassin Syndicate has the player as a target, possibly before doing anything majorly heroic (still need to check to verify this) it could mean that the Order has some kind of hit out on the protagonist. Which would make sense as they’ve already escaped once, and it’s easier to get another legacy than waste resources trying to capture the same one again. (of course until they realize how special the mc is and it turns into a team rocket and pickachu situation.)

The assassins definitely don’t have a vendetta against you until your fame goes above Neutral.

Also, it’s not really apropos of the main mysteries of Makrinaos, but the ghost’s dialog about the Sight giving them form confirms my theory that ghosts are given form in the physical world by Chaos. Which could be construed as evidence that if a person with high enough spirit energy dies, they may be able to manifest using Creation’s power rather than Chaos’s and keep their identity. cough Tucker cough

Also the name Charon’s Abyss does give credence to the idea that the catacombs are a portal to the Underworld, seeing as Charon is the Ferryman. Though Thanatos may have been more appropriate seeing as he’s an actual psychopomp, one who brings souls to the Underworld, whereas Charon is the one to ferry them across the Styx.

Probably true, but at the same time I have to wonder … who’s the one putting the bounties on people’s heads? It can’t be the Assassins as they’re the ones who are paid to do these deeds. So unless they’re paying themselves, there has to be someone funding them right? While the Syndicate may gain a vendetta against the player after they achieve acts which gain them renown, someone would have had to call in the bounty in the first place.

Rival

Last message from me on this as to not derail. You can still have a contract on your head without a rival, so that’s somewhat less probable than The Order. Message me if you wish to discuss further.

Nah I was just spitballing

Back on topic!

i think they aren’t because they’re using chaos which is something the order of aesir so far hasn’t show any interest and uhh they were like sacrificing people instead of trying to push them in order to unleash something or bring the true potential of magic something that the order of aesir wants iirc

Idk, furthering the power of magic at all costs seems chaos related

1 Like

Chaos technically is magic energy