The Total World Revamp: A catastrophic event from the lense of an NPC(3)

(3) The End…?

Vetex appeared once more.

“I come with great news. The Total World Revamp will occur soon, in approximately 55 days. Rejoice, all. However. I have also come to collect one. A King. Specifically, King Cryonical.”, said Vetex.

He held out his hand to our King.

“Oh. I… I don’t know what to say. I’ve been chosen?”, said King Cryonical.

The people looked at our King with solemn eyes. Surely… surely he wouldn’t abandon us, right?

“Yes… it all went according as planned. If I collected all the NPCs among the villages, I would be chosen. I accept. Please, Lord Vetex, take me into the Arcane Odyssey!”, said King Cryonical, with a horrifying smile on his face.

A bolt of lightning struck him, and he disappeared.

Disappeared… forever.

The tone of the survival camp went to hell. People started killing each other. Some players noticed and join the massacre… but a players magic is too strong, and the players destroyed not only the top of the tower, but evaporated our freshwater supply.

12 of us remained.

12 of us, with weary, wavering rights.

Ah. 11 of us. The one who made us “12” has died.

11 of us… here in this rusty tavern beside Mount Seawatch.

“He… abandoned us.”, said one of the 11.

“He left us. Why? Why would he do this? Why would he give us this sense of hope, only to take it away from us…? WHY?”, said that same one. This one was a child. She had hit the age of 16 not too long ago.

“He left us for the Arcane Odyssey. A place that will replace our world. It’s supposed to be better, almost like a heaven.”, I replied.

“How can you say that with such ease? DO YOU KNOW WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO US? We are all going to die. Everything we love, everything we ever cared about. Erased. Erased in 54 days.”, she said.

Many days passed. A month even.

We had no way of getting food. The players mugged and killed our fishermen, stealing their fish, their boat with no paddles, and their fishing rods.

One of the 11 committed the unspeakable.

The victim couldn’t handle it. Now we are 10. She is gone.

The one who committed the unspeakable face death by impaling by me. Now we are 9.

Its… it’s been so long.
I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun. The King has abandoned us… only 9 remaining. Soon, we will die…

I’ve been in this hole for decades, living on his words…
“Arcane Odyssey? Soon.”

Ever since we heard our world will be exterminated, many people ended their lives in horror. But our powerful, great King led us to safety. The Total World Revamp shouldn’t reach us here, right…?

But the King abandoned us. He went with almighty Vetex to the world of Arcane Odyssey… leaving us to rot…

I swear, King Cryonical. If I survive this horrible situation… I WILL find you… and I will KILL you.

54 days have passed.

The 9 of us cried, our hollowed faces. I found the strength in me to leave the tavern and climb up Mount Seawatch once more.

I… I wanted to see the horizon before I go.

2 hours remaining until it is 55 days.

I sit at the remaining pieces of the top of Mount Seawatch. As the sun shows itself… I witness the horror.

Pieces of our world… being sucked away. Sucked away and going into a hole in the sky. Eventually, it reached me. It didn’t hurt.

Goodbye.

…?

What?
I open my eyes.

I am in an unfamiliar land. There is sand, and a man wearing dirty clothes looking out into the sea.

“Oh, hey. Can you help me out? I’m kind of stranded here. My names Morden. What’s your name?”, said the man. He looked like a hobo.

“Hey, you aren’t just gonna stand there, are you? What’s your name?”, said Morden.

“Ah… my name…”, I was stunned, so stunned I almost forgot my own name.

“My name is Gabriel.”, I replied.

This was the start of my Arcane Odyssey, and the adventure to find and kill King Cryonical, no matter the cost…

I will avenge you. All of you. Especially you… Mariah.

3 Likes

Legit just made this on a lib.

LOL bro’s gonna go on an odyssey to commit regicide :sob:

Divulging in peak craftsmanship right here

Cryonical you better watch your back

watch yo back
gabriel is coming for you

:sleeper: