This update sucks a lot

Ah yes, the rarity order chart.
That doesn’t make having legendary items dictated by RNG in a PvP centered game any less stupid.

According to vetex he prefers AA your just very bias .-. and said world of magic is painful nd miserable to play.

Well that’s vetex, not me.

I don’t want this game to turn into a slightly better clone of AA because people are delusional and thinks boats solve everything.

Playing AA was miserable and I have no idea why I kept going.

Yes and that’s the owner of the game, he wants it to be fun for him and most of the community, not even youtubers like WoM, lol they played it once and stopped. and the videos are like 5 - 10 mins long they get that bored so quick lol

It’s a squeal, it’s suppose to be a slightly better clone

never really said that,

and your just very bias and selfish .-.

No, its supposed to be better.
Considering that the only thing that AA had that WoM hasn’t done better is boats and any degree of mobility, I can clearly see what the problem is.
We’re too slow, combat is slow, moving around is slow, everything is slow.
Also there’s a rather critical lack of story.

Having a strong opinion makes me biased and selfish, alright.
Yes, I am biased against adding AA to WoM because I disliked AA, does that make me selfish? If it does then so be it, I’m not changing my opinion.

yes better, while still keeping all the features and story from AA.

Vetex also said the map being a continent is blocking his creativity, so he can’t really expand on the lore without doing some hard thinking

VERY subjective. I could make an entire list on the things I preferred in AA in comparison to WoM if you’d like.

To be fair to WoM, it’s newer than AA.

Well the game being a continent isn’t what’s blocking his creativity, its a whole different problem.
With the current plan, any player can start at any point on the map, preventing any kind of real area progression.
How on earth is there going to be a large and impactful story if there’s no area progression?

Adding islands won’t solve that, it’ll just add sea based travel between the lack of area progression.
Go ahead and tell me where exactly on the map unique late-game content can exist where it won’t put new players at risk.
That’s right, literally nowhere.

It’s the structure of the game which is limiting his creativity, and the continent is part of the structure. and he even said. " the game is painful due to it being a continent."

As I said before the content that can come with such a thing, would add more substance.

huh, If WoM turns into islands, you can make all the late game stuff on one side of the map which won’t affect the newer player. and if your talking about AA, there are 3 seas for a reason .-.

If that was really the plan that problem would of been solve a long time ago.

Wrong
If WoM turns into islands and keeps the culture system, as long as there’s a spread of towns across the entire map, islands won’t change anything in that regard.

But it is the plan, have you not read the trello at all or looked at a completed map of Magius?
We can spawn at any town and there’s towns in every area.
There is nowhere for some special boss cave to exist without risking a level 40 walking in and getting obliterated by an overleveled enemy with no warning.

Oh hey someone brought up my old PVE options thing. Here I thought it’d never see the light of day again.

1 Like

You can add the unique late game content somewhere else not next to the cultural villages

Yes you can add a island where a boss exist, ang the island has no cultural islands next to it, kinda like theos.

The. “Cultural Stuff”. Is. E V E R Y W H E R E .

1 Like

Huh that wasn’t what I was trying to say

No, but you’re completely ignoring it.
The towns are EVERYWHERE there is no spot on the entire map where you can add some special room in a non-randomized spot for players to fight unique endgame enemies in without risking new players being nearby. New players are adventurous, WoM supports exploration, they will die and they will leave the game because they spawned into the one culture that has the final boss sitting next to it.

Islands won’t fix it either, it’ll just be slightly different exploration, stop convincing yourself that islands and boats will solve every single problem in the game.

1 Like

If there’s a reason that vetex’s creativity is limited, it sure as hell isn’t going to be that the map isn’t broken into a thousand pieces.
Its the culture system letting us spawn in at level 1 at ANY point on the entire map.

Just like AA, entire game was rng based, you fight against someone who got a legendary, you lose, you fight someone with full blessed rare/black magic/sunken you lose, also accessories, thats the fun, you lose in PvP and you’re forced to grind and git gud, or quit due to stress and pay to win gold chests?).

2 Likes

Legendary weapons were stupid, RNG to even get an enchantment was stupid, Sunken Armor being overpowered as hell was stupid.

I’m glad we can agree.

what did I just read

good question idrk either tbh