Thoughts on allusions, item asylum, and other randomizers?

gotham DLC gives us joker as a patient

Alright, after reading through all of this I want to do a poll about a theoretical possibility
If I were to make a randomizer in the near future, how should I handle weapon complexity

• Keep complexity exclusive to boss events/loadouts
  • Have some weapons be complex and others be simple
  • Make every weapon complex

0 voters

To get an idea of what i’m aiming for, i want the game to be easily accessible like item asylum,
but have enough complexity to make practicing and getting better feel worthwhile, like allusions.

might just make this its own topic.

Some complex weapons can 100% be fun.
Look at Infinite Welfare’s trickier gimmick with the special weapons. Duality could only be obtained by putting POWER and REWOP into the transmutation process via a Portable Cauldron or Transmutation Stone. It was a damn powerful nightmare that could tear servers apart, but wasn’t impossible to defeat either.
And things like Allusions weapons are decent in moderation, too. Just gotta make them work right.

bumping to give my thoughts on the new content in allusions and item asylum

Allusions: the toji update was amazing, i haven’t watched jjk but toji is a blast to play as and the 2 new weapons are pretty neat. Also some great 10k titles and prestige cosmetics.
don’t like how you obtain toji though, and the removing the ability for black silence to dash was an odd choice.

the upcoming risk of rain/juggernaut update seems to be the best update the game has ever had, we’ll see though.

item asylum
actual AWFUL update, horrid, disgusting.

• bunch of new boring weapons!
  • the weapons that are cool have their own problems (slayers sword being slow to build up, rebellion only having 1 extra move [its from dmc you can do better than that jpx], etc)
  • ton of awful maps
  • annoying jgn, bad changes to previous jgns
  • literally no new chat tags and a single emote
  • community is even worse than it ever has been
  • zs and other special modes show up way too
    often (more often than ffa)

that, alongside the previous disaster of the summer update allows me to safely say…

the game is genuinely awful compared to its earlier updates

what do you guys think

he is the deathradical33