Thoughts on casual players?

they’re pretty chill

i’ve always gotten very very mad on the inside whenever i’ve been killed by a random person in any game where the goal isn’t solely to fight so i can relate to them in not really being able to gank people (this is why i suck shit at deepwoken)

Im a casual player, but I havent spoken here and lurk cause Im kinda really conscious about my lack of ability in PvP. (100% lose ratio here, 0 kills lmao) That event that happened here did not help, but anyways. Played the game for the story and gameplay, not for pvp. (It’s kinda ironic since Vetex has said this game isnt made solely for pvp and is supposed to be more pve based, but here we are)

I would consider practicing pvp, but with my growing trust issues with the other players in the server (every single interaction with a player I had was them trying to hunt me on the spot since the update), yeah, no. Even with this, I’m a bit of a shy player who wouldn’t really interact unless the other player talks first. I do have a friend that might help, but they play a lot of other games so they’re probs busy, and another hasnt logged in Roblox for a while, presumably from school. Practicing with a boss is entirely different from the actual pvp situation, so eh. I guess I’ll suck forever (it’s not like I care too much anyway lol)

I’ll be honest, meeting another casual player in AO is such a blessing (tho aside from the players I encountered on the first day of the update, just exploring New Palo Town, I haven’t really met one anymore). The casuals I met in the past are just super chill and are great to have conversation with.

Somehow, a lot of the times I met a casual player, it’s during fishing. They would just join me whenever I’m fishing and we would either just strike a conversation, or just chill.

I remember meeting this GN player being hunted by some other player, I think he was AS, which I also met earlier on another other file. They were just continously attacking them (and then me, but I just let them) on Sailor’s Lodge to get higher rank (guy sucks, he attacked me right when I said I was switching to another file and was in the middle of getting teleported to title screen, making me combat log).

I ended up in the same server, but the file I was using was lower levelled and so I did the fishing quest with Edward Kenton. I met the GN player, who was escaping and wanting to hide from that player, saw me fishing on Elm Island, and we just did fishing for a while together. Asked me how I was doing, talked about what happened, and yeah. Really chill player there.

It makes sense that more casuals are found fishing. Those PvP tryhards wouldn’t have the patience to just sit and fish, unless they’re that desperate for a Sunken. Most of the time I had a meaningful conversation with a player, its by fishing. It means a lot for me, who is really conscious about interacting or engaging with other players at times.

So if you wanna find a casual, there’s a good chance that the random player that’s seen fishing is one, though maybe check player kills for safety. Or, if you’re lucky, you go fishing and then another player will just join you and also do fishing without ganking you on the spot.

3 Likes

i slept for a singular night and woke up to this

Yeah, uh… don’t ask

Rip, everything I said just vanished like Tucker’s relevancy to the storyline.

Nice pfp (fellow TWEWY fan spotted)

as a casual player i havent genuinely sat down to grind ao in a while, saving that till dark sea releases cause there’s no way in hell i’m dealing with getting ganked

ao is pretty fun, but (just like most people in this thread) i hope when the dark sea update comes it caters to more casuals

Aight, so I read through the thread…

…did Key have a mental breakdown, or something?

people actually hunt others with only 10k fame???
the renown you get isn’t worth the time

no way someone actually unironically said that :skull:

Bro, I had someone hunt me FOR 3K FAME. And I was doing nothing but just carrying my Bronze Sealed Chests to Shipwright (cause it feels more satisfying somehow). Guy went “Hi”, I thought it was a friendly player, only for that guy to come back and HUNT ME WHILE I WAS CARRYING THE CHEST. Dude literally left to get my name on the board and come back for me. Wtf. Lost all my fame afterwards.

I admit, I was very dumb to forget about the love potions I had, but it still left me sour, even if I didnt care much about renown.

Dont underestimate these guys. Seriously. They’d hunt anyone at this point lol

1 Like

Yeah, key kinda threw a temper tantrum yesterday.

Got silenced for a few days.

What happened

Honestly, I just wish Key’s quote that went something along the lines of

“I like to kill people and you don’t. You’re the messed up one.”

Was still here. It would have been an excellent addition to Forumers out of context.

yea that sums it up.
I just hope that when he’s back people don’t start jumping all over him over it, jokingly or not.
That’s the last thing somebody needs after something like that.

I am exactly the same type of player lol I get anxious just talking to other people, and 99% they attack right after. I think I have 3 player kills, and only because of one guy asking me to kill him and sheer luck XD. Def the rate of casual players I’ve seen has gone down significantly, and it sucks because the toxic pvpers are making a game that is supposed to be pve adjacent so frustrating or stressful to play.

i just wish that other pvp sweats weren’t assholes like they are 99% of the time

how many people would be on board with an anti-farming change- you can’t be hunted if you die to pvp for any reason, not just being killed by the person you tried to hunt
You also get this protection for 2 minutes after first spawning in, and you can’t lose renown for dying to pvp while hunt protection is enabled

1 Like

I’m a casual player just farming. I don’t care about pvp and I avoid most players. But I do engage in assassination and bounty hunting of npcs.

1 Like

Personally I think a better change would be to make players gain literally nothing from hunting a player with a renown that’s less than half their own. It’d stop a good amount of the random attacks.

3 Likes

hmmm…
That, although that shouldn’t apply if your renown is above a certain point, let’s say 500k. That seems to be the pve limit thanks to the reduction

1 Like