Thoughts on fighting styles mastery system?

i feel like its a alright system. a mastery system may not seem important, but most games that have this system do it terribly wrong and it makes the game super boring. I also like the idea of not being able to easily switch styles just because some sort of style gets buffed or the original style the player chose gets nerfed.

on top of that, because of this system of not being able to change fighting styles easily, this makes it so people spend more time on the game.

ok agamatsu

ITS DEEPWOKEN MAN GET H-

@lilcurry23 i love your profile picture cats looking confused makes me laugh

1 Like

i like dog

1 Like

imo its a bandaid fix and he will most certainly reply to this topic but all i can say is trust in Vetex.
Image result for zoro praying

Honestly, I think this is a good change, but it could be better. I think it would be better to encourage players to actually use their fighting styles in combat instead of just punching the air.

Iā€™m just saying that I think attacking/killing npcs with your fighting style(s) should speed up your mastery of that fighting style by 1.5 or 1.3, to promote actually practicing your fighting style(s), and gaining mastery

2 Likes

N o

Personally Iā€™m on board with the mastery system
It really makes you feel like your learning new tricks with your fighting style and getting better the more you play.
It also applies to when learning a new fighting style too.
Yes I can see a bit of issues if you choose a new style and decide you donā€™t like it and wanna go back to the previous fighting style only having to master it again.
But thereā€™s been very worse mechanics similar to this in other games and this ainā€™t the worst one by a long shot.
But for now this is perfectly fine in my opinion.

what donā€™t you like grinding rolls just for the hope of getting the only playstyle thats viable in any content

1 Like

Itā€™s such a stupid choice from a gameplay perspective in my opinion.
Itā€™s grindy and purely luck based and normally the games that have them are a bit pushy with buying extra rolls.

You could have someone just checking out the game and get a legendary roll then proceeds to play for 10 minutes and never come back to the game ever.
While veteran players of the game keep getting commons and uncommons.
Itā€™s so unfair in my opinion

I know you were probably joking with your response but I just had to say my thoughts about the system lol.

OK Iā€™m gonna be honest, Iā€™m not on board with the system

Seems tedious but I donā€™t have any better solution.

Iā€™m fine with the system but they could tweak it for it to not just be 30 straight minutes of attacking just to max it. Though this is just a new feature that is subject to change once tested so it might get better? Just my optimism maybe.

2 Likes

Have it be tied to quests + sparring npcs with the fighting style or maybe even tied to fighting and beating your rival

seems to be fine so far but the biggest concern iā€™d say for all of us is to not get an aa/ ar situation of just mindlessly clicking the air for half an hour. probably make it where mindlessly doing the air is less efficient/effective vs playing the game normally, like hunting a/for a rival for example and other features.

agreed

1 Like

having a mastery system seem interesting, but if one of its main purposes is to dissuade people from just changing to whatā€™s meta, then the time it takes should probably be increased, 30 minutes is too fast (also still hoping that magic will have some way to be changed, since currently itā€™s the only thing thatā€™s permanent, and it seems unfair for only certain builds to have this limitation)

this is a much better option

1.3x increase when fighting NPCs is the best option imo