Thoughts on fighting styles mastery system?

I personally got a massive hate for mastery systems
But i guess that solves the people switching to meta problem

3 Likes

Indifferent, personally. I feel like if you’re not constantly switching fighting styles you’ll be fine, and you can do decent with normal gameplay with the feature in effect.

7 Likes

i think it should be based on damage dealt instead of attacks used, that way we can pvp or boss grind while we level it instead of afk macroing for 30 minutes

8 Likes

(he cant feel the pain of this yet because theres only boxing)

Already have what kind of fighting styles I want to use for my different files planned, so ehh.

when you first get it, like boxing, it will be lvl 15 so you might not be able to unlock certain skills. Likely a good chunk of fighting skills are also locked behind strength skill points. Because of this once you get higher level and pick another fighting style you won’t likely change it. Boxing will be changed alot because its early.

Also if its damage dealt it’ll be much better. Currently since its the tester realm it makes sense for it to be quick

1 Like

Kind of seems unnecessary to me.

clearly vetex should have made it so you have to roll for a fighting style instead

10 Likes

It helps a bit with making it harder to just switch to meta every update so it’s fairer for magic builds

1 Like

i knew this was coming and i like the concept of having to train a bit when you learn a new fighting style. makes it satisfying to learn the skills you already had one by one instead of having everything instantly.
however… should spamming attacks non stop for 30 min really be the most efficient method? like sure, i doubt itd matter at all on the long term, but its still kind of a cheap and boring way to completely bypass the mastery process

21 Likes

I think maybe it should also include using an amount of techniques so it isn’t just m1 spam for 30 mins

Damn you can switch fighting styles

1 Like

I believe it’s just techniques, so I guess m1’s don’t raise the meter.

Doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I know some people were worried about fighting styles being too easy to switch, so this at least adds some merit to staying loyal to your fighting style once you learn it while also keeping it slightly flexible and still letting you switch between them if you truly wish to.

I just hope that getting mastery can only be done by actually hitting enemies with attacks (the same way exp is gained) instead of just being completely macroable.

6 Likes

That’s not even including the fact that lost techniques are wiped as well as the rest of your techniques
I don’t really like the current way of gaining mastery though and I’ll fully explain my thoughts after I charge my phone

Does it say if lost techniques are wiped?

A couple patch notes ago it said something about clearing the techniques created for that style
“and warns that doing so will reset all of its skills.”

I quite like this system i would say, gives more people a chance to get attached to the fighting style they have, AA used to straight up be “if this fighting style doesn’t deal enough damage i ain’t using it” and they would just switch before giving it a chance so i like it IMO

though the way you gain mastery is kind of boring ngl, i would much rather have smth like a minigame or NPCs you have to talk to instead of funni macro farming time

Alright now that I have reached a charger I will explain my thoughts

Personally I don’t hate the system, it’s the method of obtaining that annoys me, it should rather be almost a quest line of sorts, with karate kid-esque tasks
Like to go from amateur to apprentice you’d have to like find your mentor some fruits, then some sea shells, then defeat a few guys, then for initiate you’d have to like locate his gloves or something, and then fight some more dudes, rinse and repeat until mastery, where you’ll have to do a sparring match against the dude, and you’ll get it if you win, of course it wouldn’t be a full on boss fight but it could be cool and there’s either a strength req or a level req for these mastery quests

7 Likes

I agree, hitting npcs or the air for 30 minutes isn’t exactly fun, I would rather it be a questline that have level requirements

1 Like