Thoughts on fighting styles mastery system?

why is switching fighting style even an issue what am i missing

Vetex not wants people to switch to the meta whenever them want

i do not see how thats an issue at all just balance the fs bro xd

but i thought about it more and i guess its to make it somewhat like magic and make the choice kind of permanent or whatever

It not matters how good vetex is at developing, he will never manage to make a game without any type of meta

berserker metamancers after this change

I find it good cause one practice makes perfect and two you’re not supposed to use the exact same move for 30 minutes you do it naturally but if you wanna speed up the process you could just do the move over and over again.

vetex bandaid fix that probably wont ever get changed yippee

1 Like

I feel like it shouldnt be that slow but I havnt seen the max mastery so it might need to be slower.

edit: I think spamming it should give less exp then using it on a enemy so like using it over and over again its like 1 point using it on an npc is 2 points and using it on a player is 3 or something to reward fighting people and rewarding pvp. but this might encourage ganking which isnt fun

30 minutes to reach the maximum is pretty fast

I think it’s a cool system that makes sense for the theme of fighting styles. However, while it may discourage most people from switching fighting styles, it won’t stop everybody.

So this means that fighting styles will scale off level, strength points, and mastery?

Kinda of yea, visuals and aoe scale off mastery and strength stat, damage scales off of level and strength stat and technique unlocks scale off of strength stat and mastery

i wanna see the visuals for boxing vetex said that have wind like effects

1 Like

where’s my “skip roll animation” gamepass??? 0/10 game

2 Likes

Imagine not investing any points into Strength and going solely off of Mastery Alone

You wouldn’t be able to get any fighting style techniques nor actually be able to improve mastery

just make it gradually degrade over like 2 min if you keep spamming it

We need Strength stat to improve mastery?
I get having to have the minimum to get the technique, but to actually improve mastery too?

You’d have to main combat since you need a strength stat requirement to learn fighting styles.

You need strength stat to get the techniques and seemingly you can only improve mastery by using techniques so if you don’t have any points into strength you’ll only be using m1s which (probably) won’t increase mastery