Tier List for all Upcoming 190 Magic Combos

Client side :fr:, also pro tip, if you aim at the feet when you’re below an enemy you won’t clash 99% of the time.

Hover is just 2 dimensional movement now, you can’t high jump or do anything to scale on the Y axis.

magic jumps? or did that get removed with the change of magic jumps?

Change of magic jumps, hover puts you midair

wait cant you deactivate it really fast tho?
I heard someone shut me down saying that before

It takes a while to activate it in the first place(probs .6 secondsish idk I’m not a tester) so wouldn’t be worth it.

bro enemies in Wom activate it in like one second right after a magic jump
the only really laggy move ive seen for magics is modes.

There’s definitely a lot of situational factors that I haven’t (and probably can’t) include in the tier list.

I’m still confident Wind/Ice is the S tier - it’s crystal matchups aren’t great (definitely some of its worst), but crystal has really bad matchups against plenty of other things in the meta (like Lightning/Water) and the total lack of clears will probably keep crystal synergies from being super common in the PvP scene.
The best combo isn’t just the combo with the best synergy - it’s the one with the best matchups against the other best combos. Wind/Ice fits that description way better than any other combo I’ve looked at, which is why it’s at the top.

If you want to read more of my justification there’s the post I linked in the first few replies of this thread - I’ve written more there. This post is mostly just to show off the silly 190 item tier list I made.

You sure? I’ve spam killed KDS on my files/alts and his hover always takes like .6 seconds but I might be tripping.

Snow+Magma+Weapons
Even Snow+Wind+Weapons
:fr:

I think you might be tripping but then again I cant see a start up on hovering.
Though from gameplay perspective it just feels weird to take 6 seconds to start hovering. also it would make it impossible to jump in the air and activate a hover since most spells restrict T jumping in the air.

I said .6
60% of 1 second

I still think pure impact dmg beats clearing because if someone fights too close you don’t get that time to charge unless you wanna risk that extra hit

That’s a 3rd variable that’s hard to account for but it’s safe to assume only magics of .8x speed+ will be able to counter quick enough when they try ranging.

oh oops sorry about that. Also if its that fast just activate it move out the way, deactivate

yeah but then your magic synergy is Snow/Magma

I’d honestly rate Poison as a higher priority clear than Crystalised and Scorched. Fire/Poison is nasty and there’s no other way of properly dealing with it (clearing the fire isn’t really enough) - when you can alternate magics, poison is 1.5/1 and good enough to run on its own - I expect we’ll see a lot of it when we get third magic.
Snow/Magma is definitely not a bad choice if you’re just going weapons for damage though - absolutely a contender for best defensive option.

I’ve discussed Snow/Wind before, but you’re trading Scorched for Bleed which I think is more important - especially if weapons are getting added to the meta. Also your synergy sucks almost as bad as Snow/Magma - -50% on frozen targets is bad.

yeah but if im in your face idc about your charging
also anyone gonna talk about how weapons will probably out do this while meta thing?
you get rid of my synergies… ok come here so I can synergy this blade through your chest
Or what about fighting styles? concussion dmg is going to be a thing and idk what could clear a headache.

Snow/Ice literally does the same unless you swap to ice when a 4 blast with wind would’ve been more productive regardless. Almost guarantees a hit when they get out with significant chip while they’re still in.

Snow/Wind is more of an infamy hunters dream because of new environmental factors.

1v1s in complete lack of environmental conditions might have it be worse.

oh god I FORGOT ABOUT ENVIRONMENTS

yo wait so its kinda self explanatory what they work in but you think people are gonna just camp in certain areas?

Yeah - anything with good clears is a good option, especially if weapons are getting fleshed out and made into something viable.
honestly clears should be nerfed a bit - I don’t think anyone’s really hyped for the Snow/Magma/Wind “I’ll just solo you with wind” build

Again, I reckon the Bleed and Poison clears are more important than Crystalised and Scorched, making Wind/Ice the best defensive combo, but I could be wrong.
Hard to really predict these things - especially when we don’t know what weapons will look like.

As for environments - I’m kinda ignoring them in favour of assuming colosseum conditions, but I guess they’ll generally favour the cold magics more. A freezing opponent can be frozen, but a sweating opponent can’t be petrified. Hard to say though - apparantly you can also change your temperature by charging and casting with a hot/cold magic, so there’s a good chance it’ll be rendered moot by any self-respecting build that can regulate its temperatures.