Toxic Players & Inflated Ego's

@MusicBlox

Yes, I agree that randomly killing players is dishonourable, as is intentionally targetting an NPC which they are trying to interact with.

But when you’re just going around your business and encounter a merchant or something, instantly going aggro without any knowledge of prior interactions is in no way disrespectful.

I personally am not bothered by this topic brought up by @MusicBlox. I don’t really mind running around for a few minutes looking for an NPC but again, I don’t speak for everyone lol

This I agree with completely. I just say that I personally value the merchant npcs, and spare their lives as a bad rep and a good rep, no matter their reputation.

My grievances are towards the excessive good rep gankers, not the good reps that kill npcs and npc merchants.

Forgive me if my intended message was not clear.

I used to go through that in World of Warcraft pvp servers. I’m just sitting here doing my quest, then when walking back i just get ganked by a bunch of horde (bad) players, and they just surround the questing area (place where i have to return the quest). I have to wait like 5-10 minutes for them to get burned out and go to another area lol…
I can outright IMAGINE that in the future when it comes to WoM when guilds come around the corner.
Something I cant wait though regarding a topic like this? Watching guild battles or just a 1v1 doing their fighting business and while just walking past them tryna go somewhere else. Feels good to see that I dont know why, maybe its the atmosphere of how you can just do whatever you want? I’m sure as there’s more to the game, there’s gonna be a lot more just itching to gank innocent people or bad reps.
Right now, every now and then, i just get hit by a bad rep once… and then they leave cus theyre a cool cat and dont want beef!! Or they just want to trade. So its been pretty tame imo…

2 Likes

Oh yesss.
Guild war is going to be sick to watch, probably fun to participate in if you have a chill guild, the other guild is chill, and the war is mostly friendly competition and everyone understands that the war isn’t something to get salty over.

Imagine that.

Take that out of your memory now, too much toxicity for that to happen sometime in the reasonable future.

1 Like

can ya’ll share some what kind of toxic players are out there.

Make a bad rep file. Give it a few hours, a good rep will be on their way to gank you.

There was this one time I was trying to test out the exact effect of the nimble enchant pre enchant change. Hopped off of the game to use a calculator, came back and I got ganked by these 3 good reps doing an ice combo.

It’s a human nature for being superior if you are better at something
honestly I rarely met toxic people in this game

I don’t really have any community relationship outside of this forum but in the future when the game gets more update and feature people will most likely to be very toxic to different rep player’s or them spending time waiting for a game loot until get murdered by chair

example: when bounty hunting gets added it will make that person feel more superior and act more toxic for hunting other player’s

the good rep VS bad rep system was sorta one of the reasons why people annoy and be toxic to a different rep, thinking their alignment was right while it’s just a game

I remember this one time there was this guy that followed us around with a tank build trying to use melee weapons on my friend and I, so when we ended up killing them, this guy saw it, assumed we were just randomly teaming him, and starting going on like I had murdered somebody IRL.
Even after seeing them rush back to us atleast 5 times and it being blatantly obvious that they were targeting us for no reason

1 Like

Nonetheless, we must all remember that this game is open world.

Yes, disrespect is bad, but we can’t enforce any kind of rule prohibiting it.

what have you done???

Yes , that “human nature” bit is true for the most part. However knowing you are superior while keeping things civil and respectful is also another factor to consider.

those who can shut their mouth and be respectable are people who controlled themself, and yes you got a point

True, however we are not enforcing any kind of rule here. This discussion was made for the sole purpose of sharing thoughts, experiences, and advice with one another regarding a certain topic/issue in-game

Just clearing up any misconceptions about this thread

The biggest issue with these kinds of people I’ve seen are the ones who go about it in what seems to be a… completely delusional belief that because I killed a random unimportant NPC, I should be treated like a real life murderer.

when i first joined the game four level 80 ppl followed me around and kept killing people before i was able to do any quests or level up

1 Like

Why can’t I get those kinds of servers…

You probably started a threat in a high level server.
Starting threats removes your pvp protection thanks to events in the open tests.

I don’t really encounter many toxic players with inflated egos other than pvp heads they usually get salty when losing in a 1v1 can’t accept defeat :pensive:

I pretty rarely encounter toxic people mainly because I purposefully isolate myself, but I was fishing alone and this light user came up and tried killing me. This was on top of the pillars by Summer Hold and omg he sucked at pvp, his self explosion was pillar (like 3 or 5 hits) and he had a large-number-hit barrage. I’m an Ash user with hard wizzy stuff and good amulets out of sheer luck, so I do higher damage and can easily tank Light magic attacks, but then this Lightning friend of his shows up and since I give zero shits about “honor,” I just avoided them and gave a quick “cya” before dipping. Lightning guy sucked too tbh, but I wasn’t going to deal with it because I can just go to a smaller server by myself again.