"Toxic PvPers" yap schizothread (its intrinsic to the games design!)

I apologize if I come off as a little angry, but it’s really annoying to see PvE meat munchers try to justify why they’re so oppressed or something. Like man it’s a pirate game

Same minus the (rage bait.) LOL the period really does add some character to the pure rage on there

there u go restored

1 Like

Like I’m gonna get jumped? And how am I an unaware idiot or an asshole? I’m srs right now answer me

Like boo hoo ppl disagree with me on a forum

Cause most ppl don’t have the attention span and just continue reading, considering the forums full of kids

I mean everything you’ve said leads to one of the three outcomes.
Either 1: You have no idea that you’re being an asshole.
2: You’re completely aware you’re being an asshole.
3: You’re ragebaiting.

Also no, people probably won’t jump you.

What did I say that is giving asshole energy? If it’s the defending jumping ppl ingame, then thats just tuff ig. If everyone knew and understood “thats just how it goes in a universe where pirates have OP as shit magic guns spirit weapons” and whatnot they wouldnt be annoyingly whining. I hate Deepwoken, but their community cares a lot less about ganks considering when you die enough in that game you lose your shit forever, as opposed to maybe 30 mins of dark sea grinding or cargo. I wish we’d have that part of Deepwoken’s fanbase. but please. nothing more than that.

All of this!
Just because the game’s setting puts you in the position of a pirate criminal doesn’t mean you’re obligated to steal from other players.

like what the hell even is that first quote you created a strawman and then failed to argue against it in any logical way???

And here comes the inevitable argument that closes the thread

honestly this is shockingly tame, I think they may genuinely be clueless about their own tone and actions.

Either that or trying way too hard to bait people

I know I said there’s no good outcome from this thread, but not realizing that you’re being a jerk to other players until its shown directly to you and deciding to stop being a jerk is by far the best one.

If that’s the path this is taking, its a whole hell of a lot better than most situations.

test reply cuz my last msg had to go under approval in this thread

Genuinely wont let me send my response (its not even that much of a wall of text). Oh well. If this thread really is an eyesore to ppl or smt then I’d be down to have someone close it. I don’t think this convo is worth having nor is it going anywhere

honestly I have to disagree with you on AO having “abysmal PvE content” because firstly I enjoy it and secondly ~85% of the 130+ people in my combat poll also like it lol.

The reason people dislike PvP, in my experience, primarily stems from the godawful skyscraper of a skill floor and the fact the PvP combat feels HORRIBLE before you reach that “basic level”.

Its an unfortunate truth that people who play this game for PvE and people who play for PvP are practically playing two entire different games with entire different target audiences and they do not mix.

Here’s a link to the results in comparison to last year’s combat poll and if you scroll up the second combat poll is also there.

I suggest actually going to the post to read this because its way better formatted in there lol.

So far these results are telling me that people enjoy PvP less to a substantial degree from last year.

Yeah, u know what I’m wrong everythings wrong and I’m going to take my Adderall. I’m too tired. Someone close thread b4 this goes back to being worse

That’s understandable, I hope you have a good day.
I don’t see this thread going bad since all the issues have been calmly resolved already.

I apologize for the more aggressive tone I took up earlier because typically these things end in exactly one way and I was not expecting this at all lol.

Requested by OP.