Transferring, Unenchanting, Choosing Enchantments

right now the alchemist is really annoying. i understand rng loot tables for things like chests and boss drops, but getting a random enchantment for the same fixed price on any given item very tedious, especially given how useless any enchantment is outside of Strong or Hard for accessories. so as it stands, when enchanting any accessory, you have a 2/8 chance of getting a useful enchantment and typically a 1/8 chance of getting the one you want. it’s easier for weapons and shields, but even then those enchantments are actually useful and are reflected ingame. is the mechanic really supposed to just be that annoying? that you’re supposed to spend an exorbitant amount of crowns to get the one enchantment you want every time, or just happen to get lucky and get it on the first pull?

i don’t see how this system serves to do anything other than be frustrating and getting you to spend all your money. very rarely do i expect players to go to an alchemist and actually be enchanting their items for the random stat boost rather than a specific one. the only time i would expect a system to work like this is if the enchantment’s stat was actually random, instead of the same flat rate tied to the item’s level, but it doesn’t. it serves no purpose.

this could very easily be already a planned fix in the future, maybe having alchemy being a profession and allowing players to enchant their own and other’s gear (unless it’s still random when a player does it, then the problem still persists). people have already made the point of unenchanting and having there be a limit on the number of times you can enchant an item. i think this still doesn’t directly make enchanting any easier, considering you’re still spending the same or potentially even more money and even still aren’t guaranteed to get the enchantment you’re looking for. still, this would be a welcome change as items that cannot be bought from stores are much harder to get ideal enchantments on, as seen by how often Strong Wizard Robes are being bought in the marketplace.

this can be solved in two relatively simple ways; the ability to transfer an enchantment from one item to another, or the ability to spend more crowns and choose a specific enchantment. first, allowing players to sacrifice enchanted items to have them be put on a clean item would be drastically helpful, and i think would make the alchemist a lot more useful. old enchanted items you were initially going to sell can now be used to enchant a new one. ideally, you would need three items of the same enchantment, perhaps close to the clean item in level, destroying the three items and enchanting the clean one. this is likely the least ‘easy’ way out of the current enchantment system but would immediately make the process way less tedious and time consuming. second, the ability to choose an enchantment while having the price be jacked up ~3-5x. i don’t personally see this being in the game given how vetex decided to make the system in the first place, but it would be really helpful. i’ve already effectively spent over 5x the amount that i should have on a few items trying to get the enchantment i wanted, namely a Strong Vistarian bracelet (available in the shop, rng enchanting just makes it incredibly expensive).

this is probably my only gripe with the game as of right now, as well as the current stats being pretty useless. if Meta’s suggestion is added then i think this issue won’t be as bad considering the random enchantments would be made to actually have an effect (go vote for this btw). i have a poll below for what you think should be added personally.

• unenchanting
  • transferring
  • choosing
  • fine as it is
  • other [in replies]

0 voters

1 Like

honestly, after all i read, i’d say its fine as it is. the reason why is that theres RNG factors that plays a role in this game, and taking the RNG out would make it feel boring; not to mention the sheer amount of specific enchantments by doing so

how about this. we can pay a little bit more to the alchemist and the alchemist will try harder at enchanting your item and do something like “focus enchanting”. focus enchanting will have two category, magic attack buff and self buff.
magic attack buff focus enchanting will give you either

• bursting
  • destructive
  • forceful
  • swift
  • strong
  • whatever enchants that will added in the future that affect the magic attack

and self buff focus enchanting will either give you

• keen
  • hard
  • nimble
  • whatever enchants that will added in the future that affect yourself

this way, it will cut the rng down. we are still at level 60 cap and we already have 8 enchants. when the level 200+ and level 500+ and possibly even higher level enchants are added there will be more rng, more trash item on your inventory, more grinding, and price for item that it’s enchants are complimenting the base stats (such as strong magic power amulet) will just skyrocket beyond help.

you dont think theres already bulk request for specific enchantments? have you ever seen someone ask for a keen or bursting enchanted item? again, that can be fixed easily by changing the stat scaling but this is still really annoying at the moment.

sounds like a great idea. honestly, ill take any change that lowers the potential amount of times i have to enchant the same item.

I’d agree with this but only for rare items/drops that you can’t get very easily. Like if legendary weapons came back or sunken armor, ect. For those super rare items it should cost an insane amount but you should be able to choose the enchantment on those specific ones.

Yeah it would really suck if I couldn’t get a good enchant on those kinds of items, it wastes everyone’s time and money.

I partially agree. For most regular items the enchanting system I believe is fine, if you do a decent amount of grinding it’s not that hard to get a few of the item that you want and be able to get the enchantment that you want along with it. However, for items in the future that are very rare, like legendary weapons or special weapons that you could only obtain one time from a quest (if items like those are added), then there should be some sort of feature that allows for specific enchanting or unenchanting.

You can’t unenchant items because that would be unrealistic

It breaks the law of matter

Mal 4.0? Can it be?

we must consult the ancient texts.

Don’t know what a mal is since I am new, but I know that matter can’t be destroyed which means unenchantments make no sense

Yes, I know you’re trolling, but I also know you didn’t know this - Matter actually can be destroyed, and it is all the time.

I doubt that you can crack open the little quantum subatomic particles, but why would magic be matter is the better question.

Matter can’t be destroyed unless it comes into contact with blackholes, but even that is being researched with some theories that the data of the matter isn’t destroyed. So unless you have a blackhole that only sucks up enchantments, matter can’t be destroyed.

Magic is matter because it requires mana (some form of charged up energy)

Matter can be converted into energy. It’s just the total mass/energy in the world can’t be changed, but the ratio can be.

Yes, that is what I am saying. Since you need energy to create magic, it follows the laws of matter.

It’s a fantasy world, there is no guarantee that the same laws apply in it that apply to our world.

Could you not convert the energy that is the enchantment, into a different form of energy or matter? You clearly could to enchant it in the first place, so there’s no reason to believe you can’t reverse the process.

The enchantment is bound by the alchemist so we are assuming that the enchantment is a form of a (magical) chemical change to the item which means that you cannot remove the enchantment from the item as they are the one new product. To destroy the enchantment means destroying matter from that new product.