Transferring, Unenchanting, Choosing Enchantments

I think you should only be able to unenhcnat rare or above level items cause if you say, got nimble on some sunken boots that you spent hours grinding for or the sunken sword and you got hard enchantment on it then you would be pissed.

I’m fully against any sort of unenchantment or enchantment transferring. Makes it way too easy to get the “top” gear and adjust to metas.

You do know that suggestions get flagged if they are inside game discussion right?
Also just to say vetex made it like this way because it was too hard to regular find enchants in the first place and made it not as bad but still hard to get what you wanted.
Which is why im against being able to unenchant stuff to reroll the enchant and or choosing which enchant the rng is there to make it where you cant just get the gear you want in like 4 hours

The alchemist is just trying to make us believe the items are enchanted and extra powerful, when in reality the power came from within after all.

Dude you literally wrote a whole book

Well, it would be great if we had some degree of control over how things get enchanted. We are currently in the early-early-early game here and the items we need to enchant are common in comparison to what we’ll have to enchant later, sunken iron armor, for example, is going to be actual hell to get enchanted properly, and it will control the entire game economy because of that… and that’s the least valuable sunken armor type.
For the enchant system to not control literally everything about an item’s value, players need to have some control over it.
Think about it this way: If every player, with reasonable effort, was able to get their items to adjust to balance changes, there would be less of a problem than the current system. How? Simply put, everybody’s items would actually be capable of the exact same power as every other item with far less RNG stepping in the way.

getting shit enchants is something i’m quite familiar with and made me want to rip my hair out, all in good fun for now i guess

but i’m worried for very rare items in the future, trying to enchant a legendary piece of armor or a legendary/exotic weapon and getting a dogshit enchant on it, i agree that some way to reverse it would be very helpful, fuck whatever lore is connected to enchanting, gameplay mechanics should come first

1 Like

no please don’t fuck the lore

As I’ve always said, if part of the lore strictly makes the game worse for everybody, then it should be thrown out.
This whole system has to change before something as rare as sunken iron armor exists because that stuff is going to control the entire market, let alone the sword.
If stuff like the sunken gear is going to be this painful to come across, RNG should most certainly not dictate its value.
I don’t get why meta hates the idea of unenchanting so much, if anything, if players were able to actually adjust to metas without a second layer of strict RNG in their way, everybody would be on a more even playing field.

1 Like

I think the lore should be removed since it limits the player’s ability to make one up in their mind

theres lore reasons and then actual reasons
like guns they arent in WoM because no one can make them anymore because the main producers of them all pretty much died along with the tech
the actual reason is too op for the game

Then we should get rid of the game if it limits the lore.

Ehhhhh he probably wouldnt make the lore block things like guns… he most likely has an actual reason for them not being in the game. Like gun are too op? make a lore reason to have a reason in game and out of game. You can enchant things but you dont want them to get their gear enchant? make the thing rng based and make the it where you cant unenchant things. I mean i havent heard the lore reason for no unenchanting idk what sheeps talking about

To all people who think enchanting is fine as it is:
While it is true that allowing people to chose or alter their enchants would make getting top tier equipment far easier… would it not also allow people to be on an actual even playing field instead of being limited by a second layer of RNG that doesn’t really need to exist?
Personally, I’d prefer trashing the second layer of RNG altogether and just letting us choose because that’d even make sense for the lore and gameplay. I mean really, can an alchemist not choose what they’re doing after years of training?
If you can give me a good reason why all items in the game need a second layer of RNG that dictates their value attached to them, go ahead, but personally, I can’t find any reason at all to have it as it is other than to just be an annoying roadblock for players.
If you still think its fine, have fun enchanting sunken gear and the even rarer gear past that.

1 Like

@Several_people it’s def Mal 4.0 lol

i dont see the problem in it being easy at all. let players make the builds they want to without forcing a second loot table (especially if the item is already rare as-is). it doesnt make sense to me why all enchants have the same weight and cost but is still chosen at random. save rarity and chance for rewards. if the meta turns to one or a few specific enchantments then rebalance.

Yes, why does making a certain build have to be restricted by a second layer of RNG?
There’s absolutely no good reason for this current system to exist, its only purpose is to be an unnecessary annoying roadblock for players that forces them to grind the exact same items over and over.
Sure, some may say at this stage “that’s the point!”, but those same people seem to have completely and utterly forgotten that we’re having a 1/2000 chance to get a single piece of rare gear at level 80.
Some others might say that the stat scaling rebalances will change how enchants affect an items value, and to that I say: What if I still don’t want those stats?
How much rarer is gear going to get past this point for this to be remotely reasonable?

this post could get extremely dated. this is just my opinion on how the game is right now, and may change way later down the line. again, it is very frustrating knowing that for a supposedly long period of time before the level cap reaches way above 100, 6/8 of the armor enchantments are effectively useless.

Other enchants are useful now.

1 Like

Well its not going to be dated unless the system changes because lets do some math real quick:
There’s 4 pieces of sunken gear right now, the armor set and the sword, if I wanted to get any piece of sunken gear, that’s a 1/2000 chance, already a bit unreasonable at level 80, but ok. Now lets say that I want a specific piece, that’s a 1/8000 chance (1/2000 x 1/4) , that’s… really low.
Now lets say that I have somehow gotten every single sunken piece with the proper enchant that I want except for the chestpiece. 1/2000 x 1/4 x 1/8 = 1/64000.
That’s the chance of getting a specific piece of sunken gear with the enchant you want, that’s absurd even for legendary items and this stuff is rare tier at a low level. Getting a single piece of sunken armor with the enchant you want is 1/2000 x 1/8 which turns out to be 1/16000, not too far off from the chance of a player obtaining a legendary chart in AA. See the problem?
Note that this is the lowest tier sunken gear in the entire game.