Transferring, Unenchanting, Choosing Enchantments

theres lore reasons and then actual reasons
like guns they arent in WoM because no one can make them anymore because the main producers of them all pretty much died along with the tech
the actual reason is too op for the game

Then we should get rid of the game if it limits the lore.

Ehhhhh he probably wouldnt make the lore block things like guns… he most likely has an actual reason for them not being in the game. Like gun are too op? make a lore reason to have a reason in game and out of game. You can enchant things but you dont want them to get their gear enchant? make the thing rng based and make the it where you cant unenchant things. I mean i havent heard the lore reason for no unenchanting idk what sheeps talking about

To all people who think enchanting is fine as it is:
While it is true that allowing people to chose or alter their enchants would make getting top tier equipment far easier… would it not also allow people to be on an actual even playing field instead of being limited by a second layer of RNG that doesn’t really need to exist?
Personally, I’d prefer trashing the second layer of RNG altogether and just letting us choose because that’d even make sense for the lore and gameplay. I mean really, can an alchemist not choose what they’re doing after years of training?
If you can give me a good reason why all items in the game need a second layer of RNG that dictates their value attached to them, go ahead, but personally, I can’t find any reason at all to have it as it is other than to just be an annoying roadblock for players.
If you still think its fine, have fun enchanting sunken gear and the even rarer gear past that.

1 Like

@Several_people it’s def Mal 4.0 lol

i dont see the problem in it being easy at all. let players make the builds they want to without forcing a second loot table (especially if the item is already rare as-is). it doesnt make sense to me why all enchants have the same weight and cost but is still chosen at random. save rarity and chance for rewards. if the meta turns to one or a few specific enchantments then rebalance.

Yes, why does making a certain build have to be restricted by a second layer of RNG?
There’s absolutely no good reason for this current system to exist, its only purpose is to be an unnecessary annoying roadblock for players that forces them to grind the exact same items over and over.
Sure, some may say at this stage “that’s the point!”, but those same people seem to have completely and utterly forgotten that we’re having a 1/2000 chance to get a single piece of rare gear at level 80.
Some others might say that the stat scaling rebalances will change how enchants affect an items value, and to that I say: What if I still don’t want those stats?
How much rarer is gear going to get past this point for this to be remotely reasonable?

this post could get extremely dated. this is just my opinion on how the game is right now, and may change way later down the line. again, it is very frustrating knowing that for a supposedly long period of time before the level cap reaches way above 100, 6/8 of the armor enchantments are effectively useless.

Other enchants are useful now.

1 Like

Well its not going to be dated unless the system changes because lets do some math real quick:
There’s 4 pieces of sunken gear right now, the armor set and the sword, if I wanted to get any piece of sunken gear, that’s a 1/2000 chance, already a bit unreasonable at level 80, but ok. Now lets say that I want a specific piece, that’s a 1/8000 chance (1/2000 x 1/4) , that’s… really low.
Now lets say that I have somehow gotten every single sunken piece with the proper enchant that I want except for the chestpiece. 1/2000 x 1/4 x 1/8 = 1/64000.
That’s the chance of getting a specific piece of sunken gear with the enchant you want, that’s absurd even for legendary items and this stuff is rare tier at a low level. Getting a single piece of sunken armor with the enchant you want is 1/2000 x 1/8 which turns out to be 1/16000, not too far off from the chance of a player obtaining a legendary chart in AA. See the problem?
Note that this is the lowest tier sunken gear in the entire game.

Yes, but what if people still want to make specific builds without grinding for a year and a half to hit the golden 1/64000 3 times and the 1/24000 for the sword?
Even if the other enchants are useful, the enchanting system is bad, period.
Its adding a whole extra layer of RNG that’s taking level 80 rare tier items and making getting the specific set that you want rarer than finding legendary charts in AA.

Or we could just make rarer items unenchantable
No rng yay

I would be down for rare items to come “pre enchanted” where they can’t be enchanted, but basically have the strength baked into them from the start.

Or, vetex could go the BDO path and make unbearable grind for good gear.

Considering vetex’s item policy it’s most likely going to be BDO but x2 or something

Considering the odds of getting a specific piece of sunken iron armor that you want with the enchant you want being 1/64000, I think he’s going down the unbearable grind route unless something changes real fast.
Best thing he could do is cut down on the first layer of RNG (1/2000) and make that something more reasonable and then completely trash the third layer of RNG (1/8) from enchantments by making the enchant system not a forced extra layer of RNG onto every item.
That would make getting gear that you actually want so much more likely.

When I was playing through the game casually for the first time, I didn’t mind the random enchantments - sure there were stats I’d prefer, but enchanting an item was kinda exciting and I didn’t mind if I got destruction because “hey, I can blow up things better now, that’ll be fun”. All 8 stats are either practical or fun, so I was happy with any.

It was only a problem after I hit the level cap and started looking into min-maxing - since that was when I realised that my enchanted items weren’t doing anything because 3/4 of stats and enchantments are worthless.
I think this will still be an issue after the 6 percentage stat scaling is “fixed”, since we’re still going to be completely unable to get a useful/fun improvement out of stats, and the best we’ll be able to manage at level 80 is “noticable” with a full perfect set.

As for sunken item grind, sunken armour isn’t that great (BiS for defense on a technicality, completely replacable otherwise and I doubt they’ll even be meta).
I’m not too fussed about 1/64k items existing, so long as players don’t need to get them to compete.

The problem with the items being a 1/64k is that these are low level items.
I don’t even want to know how absurdly rare items are going to get past this point if something isn’t done to remove atleast one layer.
In AA, legendary charts were 1/20k from chests. This is 1/64k from fishing which is also way slower.
The sunken sword’s ability also puts all other melee weapons to shame, but getting a sunken sword with the enchant you want is a 1/24k chance (3 enchantments rather than 8).
If something isn’t done about this enchant system, I only see it getting worse when vetex either decides to add more enchants or make even rarer items.
These chances would be absurd for legendary tier and this is rare tier.

Unenchanting issues: Too unrealistic, mages can’t really unenchant, you will need to pay a lot of cash for it, unworthy the time.
Transfering issues: Ruins WoM logic.
Choosing issues: The mage would fail to enchant choosen enchantment.

Gameplay before lore, no questions asked.
However, if you want to say that it doesn’t make sense for lore:
How would an alchemist not be able to control how they’re enchanting an item after years upon years upon years of training. How would they keep a job if they constantly give random and unsatisfactory results?
Any alchemist that wanders on into town with the ability to control what they’re doing could easily kick out an alchemist we have in game right now.

Not all mages are great at enchanting, mostly of enchanting masters are dark wizards, known as outlaws, they’re in a very small population but powerful against an army.
They learn languages and skills town people doesn’t have, nor are interested to learn.