Tremor Style

Tremor Style
effort 4.0 3 quality 4.666666666666667 3 reasonability 5.0 2

Yeah, tremor style, hazard based thing
We have all heard of ravenes, raveans? Wait a second.
Ah its ravines.
Anyways.
A fighting style based off of using your terrain to your advantage.

The Hazard Aspect

Hitting the ground with a move will make a field of spikes with their size depending on intensity. The shape of the field will depend on the hitbox of the move.
Smash = Ring around your character for example.
The spike material will depend on the ground material.
They will dissipate after X amount of time or when hit by a move.

Spikes will count as terrain so they can negate damage from moves.
Anyone, including the fs user, will be damaged by said spikes.

Gimmicks:
Inflicts bleed
Staying on the ground when using a move will cause you to kick up a rock shield that will absorb but not fully negate damage when the move is in transit (Crash distance, time from smash startup time to the end of the move). Using a move in air will not have this effect
This shield will only absorb 10% damage and will break upon a single hit. (Discouraging airstalling and a more grounded fighting style, heh, get it?)
Blocking while on the ground and clicking M1 will allow you to throw a rock wherever your cursor is. If you are hit during this your damage absorption from normal blocking will be heavily reduced. This will also not apply if you are blocking mid air.
Dodge reflex will be burst and won’t do damage reduction
Imbues will affect the terrain as well, giving the terrain your magics status effect

Pros:
-Defensive Fighting
-Average Size
-Hazards
-Blocking Mechanic

Cons:
-Blocking Gimmick Causes less DMG reduction
-Low DMG and Speed

• Disadvantage against fast attacks
    -Takes DMG from hazards (Less DMG than an opponent but still DMG nonetheless)

Please give feedback instead of just instant 1 starring this, it can be edited.

7 Likes

ok.

ok.

Sounds funny to pair with any grapple move if you invest into insenity or size. Could use more spice though, like theming it around trickier since you are summoning hazards, or just be really fucking buffed because rocks.

if you have any ideas im open

wdym by trickier btw?

This FS conjures up an image of a dude throwing spikes every hit, much like a ninja. It’s not the right picture, but it’s a picture.

sugestioh in suestion :+1:

idea: depending on the surface youre on, the effects to the enemy could differ
being in water, for example will inflict soaked and have higher AoE for less damage
being on sand will inflict sandy and have relatively fast projectile speed (sand goes zoom during a sandstorm, so uhh)
being on rock will inflict dazed (blurry/shaking screen and/or inverted movement depending on ‘tier’) deal high damage but hae low projectile speed
etc

originally i also thought of something like this but scrapped it since i dident have suggester role

1 Like

Imbues will inadvertently affect the terrain around you, doing exactly what you say but seeing as how snowy terrain doesn’t give you the snowy effect I’m gonna hold off on that

Btw if y’all like this I’m open to making animations for it

sounds cool

Great spelling, I agree

:sunglasses: W (Full sentence)

Interesting idea. Needs some refining and fine-tuning, but the premise is solid.

If you have any ideas for that, lmk!

cool concept but counter argument: dodge reflex

What bout it

flight

True but it’s not like they can just dodge out of the spikes unless they T-jump, they have collision so they will still do damage