Try to give me a valid reason why re-enchanting shouldn't be a thing

Man I guess I gotta settle for a different reason someone else comes up with because there shouldn’t be a “best possible armor” that depends on enchants, since enchants are supposed to be BALANCED.

And how is it “easy” to get the best possible armor when it costs like 1.2k crowns just to enchant a sunken chestplate once, while that’s not even planned to be the best, most rare armor.
Even with re-enchanting, getting the “best” possible gear is difficult because one: the best possible gear is already extremely hard to obtain at all and two: it’s super expensive just to enchant ONCE, so doing it multiple times is gonna take a lot of hard earned cash

I mean it’s just normal that some armors may go better with some enchants than others but you got a point.
However, like in every game in the universe, there is always a meta if you have some kind of customization system that affects gameplay, so yes there will always be a best set

Yea I get that, but the “best possible armor” explanation from Vetex is still pretty bullshit, since even with a re-enchanting system with the same price as normal enchanting, it would be insanely difficult.

Is this what i think it is?
An opportunity to plug this in since it’s completely relevant!

To sum it up i don’t think there is a valid reason besides vague concerns about balance.
Though i’m not sure how it taking statistically 6k+ crowns get a certain enchantment on rare items is too easy though…
For armor anyhow it’s around 3k for weapons & shields.

1 Like

I don’t know if the suggestion would do much since Vetex said it’s not happening
Also, the more expensive part isn’t necessary since it’s already difficult mustering up 1.2k, and when you’re high enough level where 1.2k is chump change, you’ll probably be over the upgrade limit for the Sunken Iron set anyway.

It likely won’t, the main point of it is to show vetex that it’s a valid concern in the community instead of just a couple people here and there arguing over it.
Perhaps then we may at the very least get an acceptable answer on a feature that just doesn’t make sense.
Or even better an official poll about it. though that’s likely a pipe dream.

if you could re-enchant then whats the point of getting more than one item? whats the point of the market. Sure the rare items like the sunken but literally no one gives those out. Oh i want to get a defense amulet with hard i just disenchant this random one i found and just keep going at it. it isnt that fun to just need one item for everything sure grinding for that item is wayyyy harder than what i just said but at least you have to work for it you get crowns from chest farming anyways.

2 Likes

For most there wouldn’t be a point.
However for players that like to have several different sets with certain enchantments it’d just make it easier for them.
An example would be having a full set of sunken iron with defense & having a separate set with bursting.
To sum it up “quality of life”
it shouldn’t take hundreds of hours to get a full set of rare gear with certain enchantments in my humble opinion.

the amulets we currently have access to are all common rarity, and I think it’s safe to assume the better, higher level ones we’ll get in the future will probably be way rarer. It’s not like your hard wizard robes and hard dull defense amulet are going to matter when the level cap is 5000.
Let people have their meta builds right now because minmaxing low level items is not something people are going to do later in the game.

Don’t you literally create tons of different sets already by enchanting many times the same items. Literally the opposite of what such feature would bring.

When talking rare items, you’re not going to have a bunch just laying around.

Re-enchanting would minimalize general player build diversity and make meta shifting way easier. If you get an enchant that isn’t Hard or Strong, then adjust your build around it if you want maximum effectiveness if you don’t want to get a new item to enchant.

it would but wouldn’t it make it more fun and less tedious overall?
That way if you want to use certain enchantments you can?
Since the eventual goal is to have every enchantment be as balanced as possible, wouldn’t it be best to make it reasonably easier for players to make their builds?
Instead of locking it behind a potentially several hundred hour grind.

If you want to go the extra mile to get a build you want, trading will always exist, and I’m sure that someone out there would have the equipment you are looking for at least at their current rarity. Plus, people macro for sunken items so it can’t be that hard, right?

yes but having to go through the painful step that is trading just to get the build you want is a bit absurd when re enchanting could just be added that way players don’t have to rely on it.
Not that there wouldn’t be players that would look for gear with certain enchantments since even with re enchanting you’d still have to spend at least 6k crowns [ statistically anyhow ]+ grind for the gear.
[ not those figures are for rare gear ]
Re enchanting would just give players more choice and make the experience a bit less tedious for everyone.

Hmm yes macros are something everyone should be using! they’re practically part of every day life! Everyone loves using macros, who would want to play the game?

I’m not promoting or supporting the use of macros. I’m just stating the fact that many people use them, decreasing the rarity of sunken items.

i’ma just add that re enchanting isn’t just about sunken gear it will also make all other gear which includes the 2 rare sets that we’ll have access to soon less tedious to enchant.
[ which means that it’ll affect gear that takes actual skill & player interaction to get, not just gear that can be botted ]
Figured i should add that since there are some who may not realize that fact.

lemme just adjust my build to get maximum effectiveness from the +12 destruction I got real quick

For an actual response, I suspect the reason is explicitly to create lengthy grinds at minimum effort to vetex.
Perfect gear takes several hundred hour grinds because that’s how long some people grind for in between updates. If they don’t have some ridiculously stupid min-max like hard sunken armour to grind for, they’ll just run out of “content” and get bored.

You could say “just add real content for these people”, but then the rest of the playerbase (aka the vast majority) can’t experience this real content that vetex put actual effort into. I’d much rather see vetex spend all his time on the stuff that everyone will enjoy, rather than waste time adding content less than 1% of the playerbase will experience.
It’s a lazy excuse for a grind on purpose, and that’s a good thing.

2 Likes