Unlockable Shapes and Embodiments

effort 4.333333333333333 3 quality 4.0 3 reasonability 3.333333333333333 3

Why?

Currently, shapes and embodiments are kinda lame. They only alter the damage, size, and speed of attacks and many shapes share the same effects. It would be cool for quests to unlock certain shapes and embodiments that are much more unique.

This will allow for more build variety (I am tired of hammer shaped placed explosions) and allows for more potential for magics and fighting styles (sorry weapons). For instance:

Shape Examples

Drill (Rework)

• Quest given by a person in the Ravenna mine forced labor camp place (where you’re captured). Would still be obtainable even after escaping.
  • Direct Hit Damage +20%, Size -10%, Indirect Hit Damage -20%

Serpentine

• Obtained by completing a maze-type quest (ex: a new quest to find the secret of Whispering Caverns).
  • Travel path now zig-zags, end point should still be where the user originally aimed.

Bomb

• Obtained by idk
  • Intensity +5%, “Hazard” (Puddles, Clouds) Size +20%, Speed -15%

Embodiment Examples

Bird

• Obtained by falling for 10+ consecutive seconds (any increase in height during the fall / stalls reset timer)
  • +Travel Distance/Range (Not speed) +15%, Speed +5%, -5% Damage

Shark

• Obtained by killing a shark.
  • Damage (In Water) +10%, Damage (Outside Water) -15%

Gorilla

• Obtained by killing any Boss with only m1s (Starting from Carina)
  • “Stagger” (can’t move) time +10%, Energy Cost +15%, Speed -5%
    • Used for grabs.

Butterfly

• Obtained by staying in the air for 30s
  • After a move, glide momentarily, Travel Distance +15%, Damage -15%, Energy Cost +15%

Turtle

• Obtained by taking atleast 500 damage in one move.
  • Endlag Damage Resistance +15% (ex: crash endlag dmg resistance goes from 20% → 35% if implemented in v1.12 balance patch), Speed -20%

Bat

• Obtained by learning Vampirism
  • Lifesteal +20%, Endlag Damage Resistance -10%, Damage -5%
  • Maybe locked to vampirism technique?

Some shapes/embodiments will not be usable with certain spells (ex: serpentine cant be used with explosion, drill will only debuff explosion b/c theres no direct hit).
These are possible examples of unique shapes/embodiments that do stuff other than buffing basic stats. Of course, if this is implemented, balancing issues might arise.

tldr;

• Shapes/embodiments with complex buffs/debuffs obtained through various tasks/playing the game.
  • Pros: Build diversity, quest diversity (different rewards other than xp/gold/fighting style), more things to unlock.
  • Cons: Balancing, chance that some shapes/embodiments cause weird interactions on certain spells/techniques

Check out my other suggestions !! : )

3 Likes

what’s the point of making specific quests for one option of one spell of one stat type

2 Likes

which shape r u talking about

literally all of the ones you listed

Some things don’t really make sense here and there but i would LOVE for more shapes to eventually be added since it gives more of a sense of progression. Not 100% sure about the quest part, i think it would be better to just unlock more complex shapes with higher magic level :nod:

Also I REALLY feel like shapes at the start of the game should be unlockable. Not all of them but lets say at like magic level 50 you can get some of the most basic ones. Some points that people bring up with criticizing the game is that customization is less that it really appears so i think giving players more major/ noticeable customization options to play around at the START of the game would drag in much more people then near the END of the game/ bronze sea

1 Like

most of them are way too specific
also the real issue that causes a lack of embodiments compared to shapes is not having suitable models, not a lack of ideas

Well, can’t vetex just… Do more…?

While I don’t necessarily agree with all the examples you gave, overall I think the idea is pretty good and would be very cool to have more complex shapes/embodiments

He’s not a modeler so he won’t create them, but he hired a modeler recently so they could make more

I don’t think we need to invest into 200+ stat points into magic to change the shape of the spell imo

1 Like

SHAPE SCROLLS :exploding_head:
Reading this topic gave me that idea so what if we could find shape scrolls that us access to the shapes but with a slighty nerfed stat gain.
(less potent)

1 Like

I also think it would be cool if we could get shapes throught scrolls. Maybe we could get scrolls like some special boss drops/fishing/sealed chests/very weak shapes from shops

1 Like

good idea, i was thinking of adding something like stances for weapons that could mimic this (for example, katanas with kendo stances, some favorising offense and some favorising speed, and such)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.